Ramadhan 2007

171 posts / 0 new
Last post

"You" wrote:
It was my first day at work in Ramadan today.

Not sure if I slacked off near the end because of dehydration or just a general apathy to the job (or even if I really slacked off tbh).

I seriously need to find a non-sales job in a months time.

o poor you.:roll:

some of us are down a coal mine for 12 hours a day and we don't even know when maghrib time is so we have to fast for longer.

disclaimer: what i just typed is a lie.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Yeah I feel for you and your imaginary coal mine.

We do have it really easy. I did not find the fast too axing (could have done with some water though...) If we consider people in hotter climes, or those who actually do "real" work, yes we have it easy.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
depends on why it was broke.

No acceptable reason = feed the poor + 30 days of consecutive fasts as compensation.

Actually if one is able to fast then they have to fast for 60 consecutive days.

Feeding the poor is only for the people who are not able to fast.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
i went to a different mosque from usual for taraweh 2nite, it was like a machine gun in the way the imam recited and it was all over by 10.15

fealt a bit like a waste of time 2 me because it wasn't like worship at all, just 'lets do this as quickly as possible to get home'

some molvis just drag it out and there really is no need. Just because you recite it fast doesnt mean to say you dont have the intention. Some ppl just have a habit of reciting fast. It takes me 45 min tops. If i read it really slow i just end up falling asleep.

"You" wrote:
No acceptable reason = feed the poor + 30 days of consecutive fasts as compensation.

What even if its just one fast you have broken you have to do 30 to make up for it? I thought it would just be the one.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz"]<br /> some molvis just drag it out and there really is no need. Just because you recite it fast doesnt mean to say you dont have the intention. Some ppl just have a habit of reciting fast. It takes me 45 min tops. If i read it really slow i just end up falling asleep. </p> <p>i'm not talking about dragging it out, I mean when people are reciting and they're going so fast they don't actually pronounce the words properly. If they want to get it over with quickly why dont they just recite Surah al-Fatihah and then 'Alif Lam Mim' and then finish.</p> <p>They want to finish the whole quran over the month but the way they actually recite it means they don't recite ANY of the quran properly.</p> <p>its like they want it both ways: a lot of the quran recited and a short taraweh session. i think thats silly.</p> <p>[quote="Naz" wrote:

What even if its just one fast you have broken you have to do 30 to make up for it? I thought it would just be the one.

I think Admin means that you have to fast 30 days if you break your fast deliberately and with no[b] legitimate reason[/b].

If you DO have a legitimate reason (eg on a journey, ill etc) then you just make up 1 day.

isn't that right?

"Ya'qub" wrote:
i'm not talking about dragging it out, I mean when people are reciting and they're going so fast they don't actually pronounce the words properly.
We get the same thing.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Ya'qub" wrote:
I think Admin means that you have to fast 30 days if you break your fast deliberately and with no[b] legitimate reason[/b].

According to the Hanafi fiqh its 60 days.... not 30, this shows the seriousness of breaking fasts without a valid reason.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
If you DO have a legitimate reason (eg on a journey, ill etc) then you just make up 1 day.

isn't that right?

Yep.

WOW can anyone believe we're already alost a week in!?
Before we know it this Ramadan will all be a memory.

Why do people argue about pointless issues after Tarawih prayer?

As soon as prayer is finished the people around me usually get into heated debates regarding the permissibility/impermissiblity of wudu over socks, feet being part of Awrah, reading the Iftari dua after/before you have broken your fast.

Its Ramadan. Time to reflect on the conditions of our souls. Strengthen our relationship with Allah (swt) and think about the less fortunate.

There's people suffering all over the world - and Ramadan is the time to feel empathy for what they're going through, yet, socks and gloves are the daily main topic of conversation.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Why do people argue about pointless issues after Tarawih prayer?

As soon as prayer is finished the people around me usually get into heated debates regarding the permissibility/impermissiblity of wudu over socks, feet being part of Awrah, reading the Iftari dua after/before you have broken your fast.

Its Ramadan. Time to reflect on the conditions of our souls. Strengthen our relationship with Allah (swt) and think about the less fortunate.

There's people suffering all over the world - and Ramadan is the time to feel empathy for what they're going through, yet, socks and gloves are the daily main topic of conversation.

in regents park mosque the men tend to be REALLY quiet during ramadan (unlike the rest of the year) but we can almost always hear women arguing from above and behind us, sometimes even once the Imam has started the Taraweh!

"Ya'qub" wrote:
in regents park mosque the men tend to be REALLY quiet during ramadan (unlike the rest of the year) but we can almost always hear women arguing from above and behind us, sometimes even once the Imam has started the Taraweh!

At our mosque there was an announcement, the imam urged the sisters not to gossip at the back but to join the prayer at the front. I agree, its the women :twisted:

Btw Yaqub, hows the imam at your mosque, has he recovered?.... or is there another imam taking his place?

there are three imams at the mosque, so noones replacing him.

the last i heard (which was a few weeks ago) he ws still in hospital, he was i a stable condition but may be left blind in one eye.

incidentaly I just realised that this topic is called 'Ramadhan 2007'.

Since Ramadhan is a month on the Muslim calander shouldn't it be called 'Ramadhan 1428'?

(Or atleast 'September 2007')

I decided to make use of the prayer room this year at uni as all of the rooms are occupied with seminars taking place. When i got there i quietly crept in (as there was another sister praying), dumped my bag on the floor, took my shoes off and started to pray.

After some time the sister in front had finished and sat down with her prayer beads. By this point i was reading my dua. A group of sisters came in talking really loud, slammed the door shut behind them and continued to talk really loud.

The sister who was sat down reading on her prayer beads jumped up and started to talk to them (im assuming they were all friends). Would she have stopped half way through her namaz to greet her friends? She then started to examine the contents of her friends bag (she had been shopping and brought something).

At this point i was really peeved because i was finding it really hard to concentrate above the loud chattering. Once i finished my prayer i got up, I was going to kick off with them but refrained as I was fasting and there would be no point for me to be fasting if I started an argument.

As I started to gather my belongings one of the sisters (who was about to read her namaz) started to spray her body spray! Had she not done her wudu?

Its times like this that i am ashamed to be an Asian!

"Naz" wrote:
As I started to gather my belongings one of the sisters (who was about to read her namaz) started to spray her body spray! Had she not done her wudu?

I'm assuming you don't use alcohol based products, as Noor said before it's permissible to use such products but its best to avoid it.

You could have just said that they should be talking quietly, that's all, you don't need to argue.

One thing which annoyed me yesterday was when I was at the mosque and I'm listening to the imam giving a lecture and the uncle near me was sleeping through it and snoring so loudly I couldn't hear the imam properly.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

I'm assuming you don't use alcohol based products, as Noor said before it's permissible to use such products but its best to avoid it.

well not when about to read namaz anyway.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
You could have just said that they should be talking quietly, that's all, you don't need to argue.

trust me there is no such thing as telling these girls to be quite and them acutally listening to you. If i had told them to shut their traps there would have been a full blown argument. No one likes to be told! Plus i dont do being polite :twisted:

"MuslimBro" wrote:
One thing which annoyed me yesterday was when I was at the mosque and I'm listening to the imam giving a lecture and the uncle near me was sleeping through it and snoring so loudly I couldn't hear the imam properly.

If that was me i would have prod'd him then looked the other way lol.

Salaam!

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone

Started today for us.

joke...im just a few days late!

Hope its going ok for everyone inshallah

remember me in ur duas

wsalaam

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam Sirus and welcome back!

It seems like everyone started ramadan on the same day this year Smile ... definitely where I live it seems to be the case. Hhmm let's see if we all do Eid on the same day.

I thought these fasts would probably be a bit tough, but apart from feeling a bit headache-y these past few days, which is most likely due to dehydration, alhamdulillah they've been alright so far. But they are going so fast!

By the way is it sunnah to have something sweet after your iftar meal?

"Imaani" wrote:
By the way is it sunnah to have something sweet after your iftar meal?

yeah and thats for all meals.

Jazaakhallah.

I don't particularly like that many sweet dishes, but remember really needing a chocolate fix after iftar last year, but haven't had any this year coz I've just not felt like it. Normally just have a bit of fruit.

make the niyyah that ur eating sumthing sweet only cz it's the sunnah and inshaa'Allah you'll get ajar for it.

"Imaani" wrote:

It seems like everyone started ramadan on the same day this year Smile ... definitely where I live it seems to be the case. Hhmm let's see if we all do Eid on the same day.

not everyone did
most people in rochdale started on friday whereas evryone else started on thursday

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"Imaani" wrote:

It seems like everyone started ramadan on the same day this year Smile ...

almost but not quite.

"Imaani" wrote:

Hhmm let's see if we all do Eid on the same day.

fat chance! the day us Muslims unite and celebrate eid on one day is the day that qayamat will come. Ok maybe not quite but if all the molvis got togther and put their petty differences aside then maybe the rest of the muslim population would follow.

it isnt a big deal if its on diff days anyway

obviously nicer if it was

but no reason to kick up the fusses this issue usually tends to

so what!!!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

so what!!!!

isn't it haram to fast on eid?

would this mean that all the people who celebrate it a day later be sinning?

nope, cz they believe eid to be a day after or whenever they celebrate it.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

so what!!!!

isn't it haram to fast on eid?

would this mean that all the people who celebrate it a day later be sinning?

Also...not fasting on the right day of Ramadan messes up your Ibadah on the last odd nights of Ramadan - when people seek Layla tul Qadr.

For all we know instead of the odd nights, some of us could be seeking it in the last even nights of Ramadan.

That's why itekaaf is for the last 10 days, so that we can catch Layla-tul-Qadr.

over half gone already :shock:

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopz" wrote:
over half gone already :shock:

Smile Biggrin :twisted:

Back in BLACK

Pages