Ramadhan 2007

171 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimBro" wrote:

Uni and Ramadhan so doesn't go together

totally agree with you. Ive found that im starting to skip some morning (9 oclock) lectures which i have never ever done before. If uni were down the road life would be so much easier coz that way you still get your sleep.

"Snoopz" wrote:
Fair enough some people may have valid reasons for not being able to fast Allahu Alum, but because they have a lecture until 4 or 5? Shocked

while this is not a valid excuse not to fast i can understand (but dont agree) with those ppl who dont fast if they have early morning starts and late finishes.

"Snoopz" wrote:
Also can someone confirm, even if you do have a valid reason to not fast- you still have to eat secretly out of modesty right?

yeah apprently you have to. But college/uni is a place where you have ppl everywhere so its a bit difficult to hide and eat. I dont do hiding if i aint fasting i eat and i dont care if i get dirty looks for it!
Ive seen girls going into the prayer room where girls are fasting and praying their namaz and they eat in front of them! (apparently thats what hiding means to them :roll:)

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Noor" wrote:
if people are feeling sick and exhausted now, next years ramadans gona hit them big style. try fasting in mid july/june, thats when the real test comes. this years fast have been a walk in the park.

InshaAllah I'll manage next year coz the whole of Ramadan should be in my summer holidays. No more reading big text books and doing courseworks during Ramadan Biggrin

subhaan'Allah today has to be one of the most spiritual nights of ramadan for me. i was so blessed to be able to do ziyaarat of the hair mubarak of the holy prophet (saw).

i can't believe ramadan is almost over, this month has absolutely flown by, haven't even done half as much as the ibadah i wanted to do Sad

may Allah (swt) accept all our ibadahs and efforts made in this holy month of ramadan and give us life so we are able to live to see the next ramadan. amin ya rabbil alameen.

Asalam Walikum

Are you suppose to do 6 fasts after ramzaan? If so why, what is the purpose of these fasts? Also can you make them up anytime during the year?

Jazakallah x

wa'alaikumu salaam

the 6 fasts of shawwal are optional and can only be kept in the month of shawwal, the next month straight after ramadan.

the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said: “Whosoever observes fast in Ramadan and then follows up with six fasts in Shawwal, will be regarded as though he had been fasting every day.” (Sahih Muslim)

do they have to be kept 1 after another?
or can u take a break in between

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

^^^ i assuming you probs can take a break in between. Theres only 6 what you wanna take a break for.

yeh u can but they have to be in the month.

th reason u get reward 4 th whole year is because there fasts are multiplied by 10. th reward for fasting th month of ramadam is 10 months, & th reward of fasting 6 days is shawwal is 60 days (i.e. 2 months) the total is 1 year Alhamdulillah! NOW IS ALSO A GOOD TIME 2 START FASTING EVERY MONDAY & THURSDAY! th days are getting shorter & we should all b used 2 not eating throughout th day anyway. if we can keep it up, inshAllah, may Allah (swt) make it easy 4 us. ameen!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

erm wher eon the topic of catching up fasts what about namaz how and wen do u read kazaa namaz

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

yah, u have to make up all the salahs you missed from the age you became baligh.

umree qadha salah can be offered at any time, apart from the 3 times in the day you can't pray. you can pray how ever many you like. best to make a table, so you can slowly start ticking the thousands of!

erm no i meant namaz's missed during the day such as if u missed fajar if u overslept

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

oh, well as soon as u wake up and if it's before 12, you can pray 2 sunnah aswell as your 2 fard. and if u wake up after noon, then you just pray your 2 fard qadha.

i think i heard b4 that having 2 make up missed prayers is one of th biggest bad innovations. th point he was making was that how can some1 believe that Allah (swt) is all forgiving but then also suggest that He requires some1 2 make up literally thousands of prayers. i think he was saying this applies 2 converts & ppl who only became practicing in l8r life. dunno whether this is true or not but it seems 2 make sense.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

my mum was sayin stuff like with after asr salah u cant read kazaa until maghrib or summit

"Funzo" wrote:
my mum was sayin stuff like with after asr salah u cant read kazaa until maghrib or summit

yah, u cant offer salah at sunrise, midday and sunset.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
i think i heard b4 that having 2 make up missed prayers is one of th biggest bad innovations. th point he was making was that how can some1 believe that Allah (swt) is all forgiving but then also suggest that He requires some1 2 make up literally thousands of prayers. i think he was saying this applies 2 converts & ppl who only became practicing in l8r life. dunno whether this is true or not but it seems 2 make sense.

converts don't have to make up their prayers but the born muslims have to. there's a difference of opinion on the matter, but i follow that u have to keep them up.

Whoever forgets a prayer must perform it when they remember it…” bukhari & muslim. imam nawawi (r.h) has done commentary on that hadith and has come to conclusion that you have to keep them up.

and it's not that much, just pray your umree salah the way imam raza khan (r.h) has said with each salah and in a few years time your done, well depending on how many you've got to keep up! and if you die along the way, Allah (swt) knew your niyyah.

youre right y do they fucking swear

Language, man!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Pages