What do you do on the weekends.

and how did you spend this bank holiday weekend?

Dirol

Trying to do a 5000 word critique of the West Midlands regional economic development strategy.

I think I win the title of worst Bank Holiday weekend.

[color=indigo][b]Watching lectures.[/b][/color]

Getting over the excitement of my cuz's new born boy who btw is absolutely gorgus mashallah!

Trying to get over teh shock that my first AS exam under a week :!:

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

don't worry about it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I had a lovely weekend Alhamdulillah!

Saturday I went to a talk by a Shiekh about the Etiquette and Importance of Worship, then I went on a rowing boat with a couple of friends on the boating lake in Regents Park and we recited Qur'an to each other. It was really beautiful and the weather was gorgeous alhamdulillah.

Then on Sunday I went up to Northampton with a couple of friends to visit someone we know who is recovering from an operation, and he seems to be recovering very well insha'Allah, then I came back for a barbecue with REAL Malysian satay :D.

Then today I went to Oriental City with some friends for lunch and we played on the arcades (just like when we were kids!) and then I went to someone's house and we had ANOTHER barbecue then together we recited Surah Yasin because their baby is due within the next few days, insha'Allah.

All in all I had a wonderful time and I feel so refreshed about going back to work tomorrow (I might not feel so positive in the morning, however).

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
(I might not feel so positive in the morning, however).

The barbecue?

I meant because I have to go to work!

But I'll let you know if the barbecue works its magic too...

I spent the day playing my xbox (Rainbow Six Vegas) when I should have been revising for my criminal law exam (this Thursday).

Btw this may seem really simple, but why is it called a bank holiday [i]weekend[/i]?

i had a brilliant weekend nice barbecue with all the family, just like the walton s minus the boring elders it was great! At times like these i lurrrve being part of a big family.

This weekend..

Saturday I spent the day with friends...we spent the day drinking smoothies and speaking about everything and anything.

On Sunday, I had family over..so I spent the day, being their driver - showing them London..and helping with the piles of washing up.

Monday was a repeat of Sunday...Sunday night I realised that I hadnt done any work - so I studied late into the night.

I love having family over..however, I'm also glad to see them go. I cant sacrifice my bed, my bedroom, my activities and my work commitments for more than two days. Biggrin

on sat i went out food shopping with mum and sisters

on sun i went out shopping with lil sis

the rest of the time i was cooped up in our front room with the rest of the family

one was on the comp

the other on the laptop

another reading quran

another on fone

another reading

another glued to the telly (me)

etc etc

and all of us were snappy, short tempered and in each others face

whilst the builders cam in and out in the rain with their muddy shoes

if i had my own way i'd move out :evil:

sat

woke up late

cleaned up a lot

spent the day out shopping

sun

woke up late

cleaned up a bit

and will spend the day watching films, eating junk and baking brownies

On Friday night I went to the theatre to see my friend in the opera and we ate a Shabbat dinner in his hotel room. Saturday I mostly read stories to my niece and nephew and then went to the opera again. It was a late night and I woke late today just in time to go and see my sister's excellent A-level drama production. Spent most of the afternoon since with friends. Normally of a weekend I don't go to so many operas and A-level productions.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Sounds pretty productive.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol

I'll work for a while now in penance.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

2day i spent rainy saturday helping my dad paint my room lilac and cream

and also revised

on sunday i'l be in b'ham for a day - need to attend my new baby cousins haqiqah

on monday gonna help dad finish of my room and go shopping for wardrobes etc

thats my bank holiday covered

no shopping this weekend Cray 2

saturday - been work all day - cum home stuffd ma face n been revisin
sunday - workin again - revisin
monday - most defo stayin in that way cant spend money. Need to stop shoppin i have no space left in my wardrobe lol

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Friday - Watched POTC: AWE
Saturday - I woke up. Ate. Watched TV. Went on PC.
Sunday - Do as little as I possibly can get away with.
Monday - some shopping and then try to do as little as possible.

Friday night I relaxed at home and was contented by the fact that it was my last day at work for over a week!

Today went to the Islamic Circle at Regents Park Mosque then watched 28 Weeks Later which is really really good but looks like it was paid for by the London Tourist Board

Tomorrow I have my steps2Allah gathering which should be amazing like always.

Monday and Tuesday I'll start preparing for holiday then Wednesday I leave for sunny Spain STRAIT after Fajr, insha'Allah

Which should provide my entertainment for next weekend too!

"Admin" wrote:
Friday - Watched POTC: AWE
Saturday - I woke up. Ate. Watched TV. Went on PC.
Sunday - Do as little as I possibly can get away with.
Monday - some shopping and then try to do as little as possible.

your soooo lazy lol
i cant remeber the last tym i had a lazy day, its been a while lol

2day morn - was at work, then got home and got ready for my nephs party (new born), ended up being late coz sis took forever to get ready :roll: ended up arriving 30mins late to the restuarant :roll: but waa great night, had a laugh and food was yummy...the little bubs looked gorgus!

2mor - LAZY DAY

bank hol mond - off, so chill with mates and shopping! I love holidays Biggrin

i hate the holidays all i do is spend, spend, spend. Got 3 months off uni before im back gonna try to get as much over tym at work as possible that way cant spend Biggrin
plus goin eygpt in 2 weeks so defo need to save otherwise aint gonna have no spends Sad

egypt= very cheap

but u have to haggle, cos if they know ur a tourist (which they def will) they'll try to rip u off

to be honest, even if u get ripped off, u'll still end up paying way less for something than u would of in britain.

egypt was great tho. the people there showed me wot the words 'friendly' and 'welcoming' mean

"Ya'qub" wrote:
egypt= very cheap

but u have to haggle, cos if they know ur a tourist (which they def will) they'll try to rip u off

to be honest, even if u get ripped off, u'll still end up paying way less for something than u would of in britain.

egypt was great tho. the people there showed me wot the words 'friendly' and 'welcoming' mean

i think they rip u off where ever u go reli. Never been eygpt before dont even no wot the currency is. I think i need to do my research lol yeh sum 1 at work waz tellin me its suppose to b dirt cheap dwn there, wel in that case im takin n extra big suitcase Lol
thanks for the heads up

main thing i look forward to is SLEEP:-)

SINCE MY SON RAIHAAN WAS BORN SIX MONTHS AGO..I AINT HAD NO SLEEP...all say awwwhhh!!!!
so weekend i get probably an hour more sleep than normal hahahhaha

im in sheffield this weekend...
its raining!!! and its too quite... im used to lively oldham!!!

my NORMAL weekend wud be wake up a bit late, then eat a parantaaa:-) if my dear wife makes it for me hahahha then go town most of the day...look forward to eating a seekh kebab....normally watch footy...try to play footy/tennis depending on weather...then spend most time either on phone/computer/tv or family.... and sunday try to be a modern man by hoovering whole house lol then chill with my son....sounds a bit boring innit? ah well im OLD now...but i love it lol...

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
and sunday try to be a [b]modern man by hoovering whole house lol then chill with my son[/b]....sounds a bit boring innit? ah well im OLD now...but i love it lol...

That is sooo sweet (even though a hubby should help anyway), hope the MALE youth look up to you....do you hear that, he does housework! Having said that Sundays only aint enough Blum 3

"Angel" wrote:
and sunday try to be a [b]modern man by hoovering whole house lol then chill with my son[/b]....sounds a bit boring innit? ah well im OLD now...but i love it lol...

That is sooo sweet (even though a hubby should help anyway), hope the MALE youth look up to you....do you hear that, he does housework! Having said that Sundays only aint enough Blum 3

i do it anyway but sunday is a day when i can do more...not that i want to Smile but its not fair for my wife to do it all the time... household chores was good enough for the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) so why not me...

i rather be watching footy or doing revival work...but its gotta be done so why not lol

"Angel" wrote:

Charles does housework?? :shock:

No seriously, our Ed does help out around the house not only on sundays but all the time!! I've seen it!!

I'm glad i've had such an influence on someone and that he's copying me in doing his fair bit around the house!!

Pages