Your relationship with food

66 posts / 0 new
Last post

maybe a case of deogey kyo (ghee) goin off or someone doesnt know how to cook

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i thing we should slate and rate restaurants in this thread

i'll start

Nando's - reasonable price, mouth watering chicken 10/10

Frankies and Bennies - DIVINE desserts, but too expensive 7/10

And them cheapo lamo, chicken and chip shops (dixy, perfect chicken etc) 5/5 - cheap and greasy and often full of lamo teenage boys

China Grills - decent if u like chinese food (8/10)

Subway - 6/10 the lack of halaal options brings this place down

free free to add ur own

Haven't ever been into Nando's, Frankies and Bennies, China Grills or Subway.

I mostly eat at my local PFC - small portion of chips, 2 hot wings, beef burger, all the sauces and a can of drink for only £2 (not forgetting the tissue and fork.) Bargain or what!

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Haven't ever been into Nando's, Frankies and Bennies, China Grills or Subway.

I mostly eat at my local PFC - small portion of chips, 2 hot wings, beef burger, all the sauces and a can of drink for only £2 (not forgetting the tissue and fork.) Bargain or what!

Biggrin

my kind ov person, local takeaway , chicken burger, mayo n ketchup, sizzly fries, n a nice can ov rubicon 2 wash it all down wid! all 4 2.50

y pay more den u need 2...

az long as its greasy, unhealthy, and/or packed with sugar i'm all 4 it Biggrin

my body can;t hack that sort of food no more, when i was between 16-20 perhaps. But even at uni i was never crazy for fast food, in fact i get heartburn and feel physically sick eating that stuff. As for the fizzy drinks they bring my food back up not wash um down, is there something wrong with me or does my body just crave good wholesome food :?

When I was a teenager I was a greasy, chicken and chips/doner kebabs etc lover.

Now, I cant stomach that stuff.

I do love my Nando's and Lebenese resturants's though....

What do people think about buying food which is 'halaal' but not exactly 'good'?

E.g. companies like Tesco, Asda (Walmart) and Lidl are very unethical in their practice: the way they treat their staff, the way they pressurize farmers into selling them milk etc at unsustainable prices, the way they monopolize the market so there is little or no chance for small businesses, the way they fly lamb over from New Zealand when we have sheep here in Britain, damaging the environment. I could go on for ages with more examples.

By buying from these places, we are basically saying its ok for them to continue with these practices.

I suppose you could argue that one person alone can't make a difference, and if it saves us so much money, then we're really not given much option.

[size=18]But there is a hadith that says that if we see injustice then we should try to change it with our hand. if we can't do that then we should change it with our tongue, and if we can't do that we should atleast change it with our heart.[/size]

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I’ve got this terrible addiction to sweet stuff at the moment – I’m wasnt even a fan of chocolates and sweets. Sometimes months used to go by before I picked up a milky way! Whenever, a child used to give me a box of chocolates it used to lie in my room for months - until my bedroom started to look like a sweet shop.

However, for the last few months, I’ve been eating chocolate donuts, lemon meringue pies, cheesecakes, apple turnovers wit cream etc on a DAILY basis.

I can not stand Asian desserts, but I currently can’t do without cream cakes… I need the sugar fix, that’s why I’ am eating cakes for breakfast!

I cant teach with an empty stomach (plus teaching makes you lose weight!), however it makes you crave ‘energy boosting’ stuff so much that I was seriously considering buying a ‘mini fridge’ for my classroom in September!

So speaking of ‘sweet stuff’…what’s your fav dessert?

I have to drink before I eat otherwise its impossible.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

McDonalds yuck
Ive only ever ate from their once like 10 years ago.
I really dont understand ppls fettish with McDonalds. They put all sorts of crap in your food and the amount of times they have been in the newspapers im suprised it aint put you off.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

i dont believe everything i hear

if i was to listen to all the bull that is out there

i wouldnt eat out - anywhere

I loved McDonalds in Pakistan, that's all i ate there. It's waay better than the MacDonalds here.

I like Italian food.

Pizza... pasta... lasagna... cant think of any others.

Back in BLACK

Back in 1997 (i think) a hindu couple successfully sued McDonalds after it had lied about its oil being vegetable oil.
McDonalds along with other fast food chains such as burger king and KFC are all linked to obesity. Britian is turining into a obese nation!
I say get rid of McDonalds and other fast food chains before it is too late and were all being lifted out of our windows by a crain because we can no longer walk out throught the front door :twisted:

i eat McD's on almost a weekly basis

and survive on a diet of coke, cookies and chocs

i'm not fat - no where near it

lucky cow! my twins like that, she eats and eats and doesn't put any weight on.

not fair :evil:

i used to eat mcdonalds occaisionally (not all the time but once in a while), but whe i converted i suddenly couldn't have a big mac or 1/4 pounder and started CRAAVING for it!

when i went to egypt I rushed to a makky-D's and got a big mac............which turned out to be a terrible copy of the ones in britain! Cray 2

when i went syria i found out that mcD's hasn't got there yet (this is actually a good thing but it didn't feel like that at the time!)

i'm just gonna have to wait til I go to Malaysia next year, insha'Allah...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i eat McD's on almost a weekly basis

and survive on a diet of coke, cookies and chocs

i'm not fat - no where near it

ppl like me and you can get away with eating absolute crap and not putting it on. But just because it is not visible on the outside i can assure you it is on the inside. Pll who dont put it on the body will out it on the heart. The grease off the chips and burgers will clog up your arteries and before you know it you end of having a heart attack. However, if you work off what you eat then you wont have too much of a problemo.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
i used to eat mcdonalds occaisionally (not all the time but once in a while), but whe i converted i suddenly couldn't have a big mac or 1/4 pounder and started CRAAVING for it!

when i went to egypt I rushed to a makky-D's and got a big mac............which turned out to be a terrible copy of the ones in britain! Cray 2

when i went syria i found out that mcD's hasn't got there yet (this is actually a good thing but it didn't feel like that at the time!)

your all McDonald obsessed. I really dont understand whats so good about it. :roll:

"Ya'qub" wrote:

Best Burger I ever had was in the motherland- 'Bratfad' AKA Bradford. A little place called Oasis. Be warned though, after it you WILL spend 5 days worrying about where the closest toilet is.

As for food back home making people ill, sorry to say its the food here that makes you ill. How can ingredients been plucked/chicken been killed the same day make you ill? You eat food here that days/months old that has been treated with Allah knows what. Because you stomach lining has been mellowed with such crap, your system doesn't know what to do with proper food!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

"mmm" wrote:

As for food back home making people ill, sorry to say its the food here that makes you ill. How can ingredients been plucked/chicken been killed the same day make you ill? You eat food here that days/months old that has been treated with Allah knows what. Because you stomach lining has been mellowed with such crap, your system doesn't know what to do with proper food!

i'v got actually a relatively strong stomach. when i went to cairo everyone warned me about 'pharoah's revenge' which is supposed to make any newcomer sit on the toilet for a few days but didn't affect me in the slightest. in syria i was again fine even tho all my friends felt 'woozy' (to say the least) for a few days - even someone who'd lived in syria for 6 months the year before and someone who'd grown up there!

i put it down to being able to play in mud and dirt when i was a kid (i managed to eat quite a bit of it!) which means my immune system got boosted. its nothing like u see nowadays where parents (or more likely nannies) pick the kids up in their air-conditioned jeeps and sit them in side at home cos their scared to let them play in the streets, and strictly sanitise everything around them.

i don't think its coincidence that many more people today are allergic to things compared to the past. things like hay-fever and eczema have greatly increased in recent years.

[color=red]mMmMm Azizye stoke newington [/color]

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"Imam al-Ghazzali" wrote:

The one who is intent on what enters his stomach is as valuable as what comes out of it.

im going to umrah in a few weeks time

i'm ashamed to say that as well as umrah - i'm REALLY looking forward to a massive bigMac :oops:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
im going to umrah in a few weeks time

i'm ashamed to say that as well as umrah - i'm REALLY looking forward to a massive bigMac :oops:

I've just come back from Umrah two days ago. It was extremely hot during the day and I had to read Jummah outside in Madinah once on the hot floor!!

Overall it was an excellent experience and I enjoyed my burgers and KFC. The hotels were good, both of them were five star in Makkah and Madinah.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

Are Jews extremists>

[b]Jews believe that women have should stay in their homes.[/b]

This is what a top Jewish religious scholar has to say:

Spiritual leader Ovadia wants to see men keep women indoors.

Quote:

[b]Rabbi Ovadia: 'Women should stick to cooking, sewing'[/b]

By AARON MAGID
Jeralusalem Post, Tuesday 31 July 2007

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

"malik" wrote:
Are Jews extremists>

Some are.... so are some muslims, christians and people of other faiths.

The path of the moderate leads to the path to paradise.

"malik" wrote:
Are Jews extremists>

[b]Jews believe that women have should stay in their homes.[/b]

This is what a top Jewish religious scholar has to say:

Spiritual leader Ovadia wants to see men keep women indoors.

Quote:

[b]Rabbi Ovadia: 'Women should stick to cooking, sewing'[/b]

By AARON MAGID
Jeralusalem Post, Tuesday 31 July 2007

Your ignorance is astounding.

If you even read the first part of that article it says he said Women should stick to cooking [b]rather than deal with matters of Torah.[/b]

If your gonna quote an article atleast do it right.

Back in BLACK

It looks like the Rabbi was a tad offensive. That's why the news picked up on it.

Seraphim, thank you for saying that. You might have prevented me from stooping to play malik's game.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Pages