The Revival Issue 6 OUT NOW

140 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Noor...*" wrote:
"Snoopy" wrote:
noooooooooor can u please like drop the magazines off to my house 2dy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u were meant to cum yesterday Sad

[b][color=indigo]u lazy bugga! u just live round the corner, come and collect some yourself![/color][/b]

im ill dont make me cum out in the cold Sad

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

[b][color=indigo]Dooo1 smelly!

Shaykhs on! Cyax[/color][/b]

woohoo i have my copy of the revival Biggrin jzkA Noor so far i flicked thru it all the pages loook dark then wam bam a bright red page Biggrin

"Snoopy" wrote:
woohoo i have my copy of the revival Biggrin jzkA Noor so far i flicked thru it all the pages loook dark then wam bam a bright red page Biggrin

[b][color=indigo]lol

Tell sam i've got the mawlid leaflets 4 distribution, tell her to collect them and the magz for monday to give at uni.
O yeah, is sam doing any mission towards firthi or karchi storeS? Cz i wana give sum magz out that end and i cant do bus missions!!

Btw wer u been hiding?! ur not even on MSn! :shock: [/color][/b]

becharii me ive bin ill ineh Cray 2 didnt even think to cum visit ur faaaaaaaaav cuz Sad lol

gta do an all nighter 2nte so il be on net got bare uni work to catch up wiv Sad

n ur dads one funny guy how the hell were we meant to spot him when there were zillions of people there :shock:

[b][color=indigo]LOL

He rang like 20 times frm lahore. Anty Nas spotted him first time, he was standing waving, he shud have wore his red imamah, then he called again and they were reciting "Allah humma saley alla"
Hes luvin it!
Wish i could be there Cray 2 [/color][/b]

ahhh man *BIG THUMB UP* yet againnnnnnnnnn and Ali&Jamal were rocking it as always.. "Muslims aren?t thick you know...even I got one GCSE. " that just crackeddddddddddd meh uppp....

and hey yo, when am i [ if ever] gonna get em sent in the post? I did order em...but no wories, on the net is fine too..

May Allah reward each and everyone who had a part of it for their efforts...

Eid Mubarak Biggrin

< You turn to Him with divine obedience
He turns to you with Divine Love >

The home and away article was good but why wernt theire any accounts of bros that had ran away from home it was focusin on girls!! id wudav been intresting to hear a bros story

"cricketgal" wrote:
ahhh man *BIG THUMB UP* yet againnnnnnnnnn and Ali&Jamal were rocking it as always.. "Muslims aren?t thick you know...even I got one GCSE. " that just crackeddddddddddd meh uppp....

and hey yo, when am i [ if ever] gonna get em sent in the post? I did order em...but no wories, on the net is fine too..

May Allah reward each and everyone who had a part of it for their efforts...

Eid Mubarak Biggrin

You can still order them to distribute in ur area, just PM Ed.

Rest of the magazine was alright. Except the Editorial. Too negative.

Mashallah to all involved, another really good issue.

And another great editorial! The method you use of questioning the reader is really effective, even more so by listing actions we can all do straight after. Good picture and colours - they help emphasise your point.

Home and Away - really pleased to see a topic which particularly focuses on the sisters, after having topics such as drugs and gangsterism which affect brothers more. Your genuine compassion for sisters in such a situation is clear throughout, the only thing the article lacked was support from the Quran, Hadith etc. Some of these girls are probably quite far from Islam, and are probably not aware that Islam is on their side and they can use the teachings of the Prophet (pbuh) as defence to their situations, ie their right to an education or about how oppression and forced marriages are haram in Islam - anything to engage their interest and bring them closer to Allah (swt). I think Islam should have been emphasised more under Alternative to running away, in particular, prayer - that Allah (swt) doesnt burden us with more than we can bear, we need to get down on our knees and pray to Him, and He WILL and DOES answer our prayers. As a whole, it was really good - yes it is a depressing issue but it is 'real' and we need to deal with it, so well done sister.

Ali & Jamal was really good - as always! The whole 'jihad' thing still needs to be addressed so it was good to relate it to the current Lebanon crisis.

10 Things Every Imam Should Do - really good, and liked the layout too.

The Idiots Guide to the Israeli- Palestinian Conflict was really really good. Mashallah brother Irfan Jalil. I just hope people read it, especially the bit about what we can all do, the website addresses are really useful. Turkey of the Month was good too.

The Revival Guide To Ramadan was good, you cover everything.

Yvonne Ridley interview was brilliant. I think it says a lot for The Revival to feature such well known Muslims.

Same for sister Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood, (even if you have spelt her name wrong in the intro!) good to have her and The Agony Aunt feature as part of the magazine.

Well done to every single one of you, may Allah (swt) bless you all.

"Imaani" wrote:
I think Islam should have been emphasised more under Alternative to running away, in particular, prayer - that Allah (swt) doesnt burden us with more than we can bear, we need to get down on our knees and pray to Him, and He WILL and DOES answer our prayers.

Thank you for your detailed feedback Sis. That I-m so happy was a FANTASTIC point, you raised, I cant believe I didnt mention that :oops:.

Your welcome sis.

Your articles are really good - read your Diary of my Hajj yesterday - Mashallah (I will leave a comment, but got to go now.) Continue sharing your knowledge with us sister.

[b][color=indigo]Alot of people thought the revival was a HT magazine cz of all the politics...

Anyhow, distributed loadz out today, caught so many buses up and down sheffield and now i've got a very damaged shoulder![/color][/b]

Good girl Biggrin Allah (swt) will reward you for your efforts. Hope the shoulder gets better!

"Angel" wrote:
Good girl Biggrin Allah (swt) will reward you for your efforts. Hope the shoulder gets better!

[color=indigo][b]Insha'allah sis!

Ameen.[/b][/color]

"Angel" wrote:

jazakhaallah sis for all your efforts. U done revival proud!

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]Alot of people thought the revival was a HT magazine cz of all the politics...
[/color][/b]

No kidding... :roll:

Salam

"Imaani" wrote:
Some of these girls are probably quite far from Islam, and are probably not aware that Islam is on their side and they can use the teachings of the Prophet (pbuh) as defence to their situations, ie their right to an education or about how oppression and forced marriages are haram in Islam - anything to engage their interest and bring them closer to Allah (swt). I think Islam should have been emphasised more under Alternative to running away, in particular, prayer - that Allah (swt) doesnt burden us with more than we can bear, we need to get down on our knees and pray to Him, and He WILL and DOES answer our prayers.

Wow.

What a beautiful intellect.

Excellent reasoning.

That was absolutely terrific.

Imani certainly lives up to his name.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

Imani certainly lives up to [b]his[/b] name.

??

I'm a girl!!!

Quote:
The Idiot's Guide To The Israeli-Palestinian COnflict

me is only wanting to see this artical

and its not there :evil:

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

[b][color=indigo]Ed check ur PM.[/color][/b]

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"TEX" wrote:
Quote:
The Idiot's Guide To The Israeli-Palestinian COnflict

me is only wanting to see this artical

and its not there :evil:

read it here:

thank u bro

me read ali and jamal and it was crap. wot is all da fuss about :roll:

as for isreali article...

my jewish m8s say that palestine `never existed`,

as for number 7 in the "what can i do section" me has not been polite, me has been swearing ma head off and writing every insult dat comes to ma head :twisted: me got no replies from saudi embassies :x Cray 2

as for zionist proganda aish.com and torah.org are the most popular mainstream jewish sites, convincing stuff tho, ma jewish mates is always on dem sites

and nice work bro, keep it up! Dirol

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

did israel withdraw from gaza `completely`??

I have now put all articles online.

I do not think I wrote anything for this issue. My only article got pulled to allow space for the guide to Ramadan! Cray 2

No excuses about reviews as articles are available both as print version in pdf format AND as a webpage.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think they're fine like that, as it was all part of the one feature.

Save it for next issue.....so now you've only got one more to write!

"Imaani" wrote:
I think they're fine like that, as it was all part of the one feature.

Save it for next issue.....so now you've only got one more to write!

I've split it into three as it will give a better chance of it being read.

My article that was scrapped, I will probably just stick it online some day.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yeah, that's better actually.

I doubt 'scrapped' is the right word.

Pages