The Revival Issue 6 OUT NOW

I still don't know what the final cover design was... :?

It has an image of the front cover, along with the pdf online (which has small difference to the final print version... the final version has a question mark on the cover and is only the bits inside the back square...).

The articles will be online soon.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

It has an image of the front cover, along with the pdf online (which has small difference to the final print version... the final version has a question mark on the cover and is only the bits inside the back square...).

The articles will be online soon.

why are there random question marks appearing everywhere on the articles that you have just put up?

He's scanning text from the print version and pasting it straight onto the website I think.

He needs to go through the scanned text and correct mistakes.

Aslamoalikum

Could you please tell me when this latest issue will be online?

live and let live!!!!!!!

If you go to the link in my first post, the pdf version (which looks like the print version) is already online.

And 4 articles are also available to read on that page. I will try to add the rest 2moro.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I am still waitin for my copies, I rather have a hard copy,don't like reading online

"Angel" wrote:
I am still waitin for my copies, I rather have a hard copy,don't like reading online

[b][color=indigo]I shud have mine by tmz [/color][/b]:D

Me too! But I can't get a copy from my town!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"saima786" wrote:

[b][color=indigo]
Why where do ya live sis?[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
"saima786" wrote:

[b][color=indigo]
Why where do ya live sis?[/color][/b]

Bolton!

live and let live!!!!!!!

[b][color=indigo]O..

so the revival isnt distributed there... erm PM Ed and ask him to sort sumthing out.[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]O..

so the revival isnt distributed there... erm PM Ed and ask him to sort sumthing out.[/color][/b]

do you get it in the post? who was saying they'll have theirs by tomz? can we get it in the post?

live and let live!!!!!!!

"saima786" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]O..

do you get it in the post? who was saying they'll have theirs by tomz? can we get it in the post?

[b][color=indigo]
Im gona pick them up from sum shop. Just PM Ed and he'll sort ya out. Btw is ther a lot of youth in bolton and therz a big muslim community right.. i think it'll be a good idea for u 2 distribute them ther and spread the word of the revival.[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
"saima786" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]O..

[b][color=indigo]
Im gona pick them up from sum shop. Just PM Ed and he'll sort ya out. Btw is ther a lot of youth in bolton and therz a big muslim community right.. i think it'll be a good idea for u 2 distribute them ther and spread the word of the revival.[/color][/b]

good idea!! I've PM'D ED!! I said you sent me!! yep we do have a big muslim community here.

live and let live!!!!!!!

[b][color=indigo]OMG the boxes are so heaaviii!!!!! It was a mission just carrying them!! Gave 60 or so out @ old school, gona dish rest out tmz Insha'allah.

Still not got a chance to read the mag yet but it luks good![/color][/b]

[b][color=indigo]Any1 read the entire mag yet??

Well i have and it's Top![/color][/b]

"saima786" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]O..

salaam
revivals have arrived in bolton now. you can get them from the radio ramzaan station.

Angel, you will get mags now on monday or tuesday i'm afraid..post takes 3 to 5 days.

London ppl will get them on wednesday after eid inshallah.

most places have got them now, inshallah

but i really need your feedback. also dont forget to get and distribute The Revival calenders pls.

wasalaam

"Noor...*" wrote:

whats your favourite article?
what didnt you like?
hows the artwork?
how could it have been improved?

I saw the issue last night.

Ali G article was good.

Binger's article was quite depressing for readers.

Cover was brilliant.

Ridley was excellent.

I am still reading the rest...

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:

what didnt you like?
hows the artwork?

[b][color=indigo]favourite article...? Home and Away, Lost, Ramadan1, Yvonnes' interview and cnt remmber whatelse. The Ali and Jamal thing wasnt ALL that, the other issue 1s wer better.

Art work was good.

The mag was more about whats going on in the media, there wasnt that many youth type articles, the only 1 was Ms article. But they wer good thou.

Have more articles like "home n away"

Will giv propa feedback later, a lil busy rite now.[/color][/b]

"Omrow" wrote:
I saw the issue last night.

Ali G article was good.

Binger's article was quite depressing for readers.

Cover was brilliant.

Ridley was excellent.

I am still reading the rest...

where did you pick up your mag if you dont me asking?

"Noor...*" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:

what didnt you like?
hows the artwork?

[b][color=indigo]favourite article...? Home and Away, Lost, Ramadan1, Yvonnes' interview and cnt remmber whatelse. The Ali and Jamal thing wasnt ALL that, the other issue 1s wer better.

Art work was good.

The mag was more about whats going on in the media, there wasnt that many youth type articles, the only 1 was Ms article. But they wer good thou.

Have more articles like "home n away"

Will giv propa feedback later, a lil busy rite now.[/color][/b]

jazakallah for that
yep , next issue i suppose i will try to have more 'youth' issues. media issues are important as they are current and help provide youth the answers.
can you give me examples of what type of topics/issues you would want us to cover?

[color=indigo][b]Media issue are very important im not seying ther not and i think u coverd that very well and im certain that everyone will benfit frm the artcless.

Frm the deebk i got last time frm peeps they sed they wnted more stuff like marriages/runways. drugs etc. uve coverd all tht stuff befre.

Youth issue hmm... evils of free mixing/gf+bf
modesty/hijaab etc
Hu the sahabas/sahibyats wer
other relgions quick insight..
drugs/alchol/smoking
gangs
introudc them to nasheeds etc
the reality of heaven and hell

add later, nt thinking proplry

gt ta dash.[/b][/color]

How was "Home and Away" depressing?

IMO it was real and factual....stuff like this does happen.

[color=indigo][b]I think Home and Away was top, it is very useful as u see thats hppning right now in almst every comunity.[/b][/color]

Salam

[b]"Home and Away"[/b] - From The Revival Magazine (September/October 2006, Issue 6)

It was one sad article.

One terrible story after another.

And to top it all up, it ended by suggesting how successfully to
make the transition to a cruel world on the street.

Let me put it this way:

If a girl contemplating suicide was reading that article, she would not be put off from her decision.

Imagine yourself be that girl and then try reading "Home and Away".

Omrow

noooooooooor can u please like drop the magazines off to my house 2dy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u were meant to cum yesterday Sad

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopy" wrote:
noooooooooor can u please like drop the magazines off to my house 2dy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u were meant to cum yesterday Sad

[b][color=indigo]u lazy bugga! u just live round the corner, come and collect some yourself![/color][/b]

"Omrow" wrote:

And to top it all up, it ended by suggesting how successfully to
make the transition to a cruel world on the street.

Let me put it this way:

If a girl contemplating suicide was reading that article, she would not be put off from her decision.

Actually, the conclusion shed light on why one SHOULDNT run away from home...pointing out that the streets is not a safe place to be.

BTW my article was not aimed towards those with suicidal tendencies.

How would you have tackled the issue?

Pages