The Revival on the Lets Talk Show-Live

168 posts / 0 new
Last post

aww i dint get to hear the show, actually i havent heard a single one yet. noor fill me in on the latest one plz, seeing as how you found it so interesting... Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
aww i dint get to hear the show, actually i havent heard a single one yet. noor fill me in on the latest one plz, seeing as how you found it so interesting... Smile

[color=indigo][b]Sis u've missed out on some wicked shows! You need to tune in on the next one!

Right.. ok.

On todays show, they had 4 revert brothers in and they were talking about their experiences and how they came to the deen etc etc. The presenter was also asking them questions on why they came to the deen. Was it the media, friends, society etc, how they were treated by the Muslims, etc etc. What made them look into Islam and how its different relgions, u get the jist?

He also clarified why reverts are known as "reverts" and not "converts"[/b][/color]

salaam

tune in tonight:

[b]DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN THE POLICE?[/b]

special guest br Yusuf Dar from Manchester Muslim Police Association

pl phone in, text and have your say

ws

[b][color=indigo]Is radio working??? I cant seem to hear anything!! or is it just my comp??[/color][/b]

[b][color=indigo]Ahhh!!! and i was looking forward to the show! I think sum1 should ring in and tell them...[/color][/b]

I got this in an email. Don't ask me whether the times are UK or US.

Quote:
assalaamu alaykum
If you tune into and click on to Glasgow from
7.00pm - 8.30pm tonight (17/10/06), you would be able to listen to
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf LIVE on the phone talking about contempary issues or
Imam Zaid Shakirs wife on Women Issues.
so tune in and pass the details on to others.
You can also call in and email in and ask him any questions on that
topic.
wa salaams

[b][color=indigo]Any1 tune in today???

Managed to listen to the last 10 mins of the show or something, sounded like a fun topic to discuss and i finally plucked up the courage to call in! Biggrin [/color][/b]

Well done Noor!

Yeah I heard the show.

It is a somewhat sensitive and taboo subject but ignoring it doesnt resolve anything, and the brothers dealt with it professionally.

"Imaani" wrote:
Well done Noor!

Yeah I heard the show.

It is a somewhat sensitive and taboo subject but ignoring it doesnt resolve anything, and the brothers dealt with it professionally.

show went well, very goo dresponse from ppl, 100's of texts...

did get about 10 calls off-air complaining that i kept using the word 'sex' and i kept talking about 'sex'!!!!!
radio owners doing my head in- i said if ppl got problem with that then its a shame- the quran, hadith, prophet (saw), sahabah have openly and clearly talked about sex in marriage etc. People need to get out of their caves and smell the coffee!!!
If you dont learn this subject from a scholar then kids will learn it from their mates- which is not going to be very islamic now is it!!!!

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]Any1 tune in today???

Managed to listen to the last 10 mins of the show or something, sounded like a fun topic to discuss and i finally plucked up the courage to call in! Biggrin [/color][/b]

did you call? what point did you make, remind me.
well done anyway:-)

[b][color=indigo]lol

Ed u make me laugh!

Naaaah, i aint telling yaa.. well i think i was one of the last callers i think..
I've called in a couple of times actually and texted loadz..[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]lol

Ed u make me laugh!

Naaaah, i aint telling yaa.. well i think i was one of the last callers i think..

jazakhallah

so be honest... are the shows educational- have you learnt anything from them?
do we criticise ulema all the time- thats what i'm always told?
do i shout too much? People say i need to calm down- i suppose thats just me:-)
how can the shows be improved?

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

jazakhallah

[b][color=indigo]Naah bro the show is wickd! Wallah. Dont change a thing! u need these kindoff radio shows on throughout the year.
Well from the shows ive learnt a lot, u cover so many topics, differnce of opinions etc etc which is really good. IMO i dnt think any of the panel have crticised any of the ulemas and shykhs of Islam, alhamduliah u have a lot of respect for everyone. Dnt listen to the ppl hu say u do cz ther just chatting a load of crap.
Naah u dnt shout, u just make sure that u get ur point accross LOUD and CLEAR. lol which is a good thing bro! Dnt change ur style, ur fine as they way u are! u add an extra spice to the show, heat things up and make them more intresting, cz if u was liek the rest, it wud frankly be boring.
How can u improve... hard one, well prblly have well kwn speakers cumin in, more shows and have them on for longer!

Overall thumbs up! Im sure Allah is happy with all ur good efforts and may he reward u abudenly 4 helping guide the youth of Islam Insha;allah![/color][/b]

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]lol

Ed u make me laugh!

jazakhallah

Nah don't change nothing, you are very passionate, all your words come straight from the heart which is why they affect so many people. You being loud is affective as well as funny....you have done a lot for the youth, you're a star. Keep it up!

Comeon! He's a hooligan!

a ranting lunatic.

I just cannot listen to this codswallop. I give up.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[b][color=indigo]Do i sense a hint of jelousy Mr Admin....? lol

u no he duz a fab job! show sum support u meany!
[/color][/b]

"Admin" wrote:
Comeon! He's a hooligan!

a ranting lunatic.

I just cannot listen to this codswallop. I give up.

oh my is that the big green monster coming through Lol (joke)

You got loads of praise. Without you or Ed there wouldnt be no revival.

hey!

It's my job to cut him down to size. All you lot do is praise him. I gotta be brutally honest.

:twisted:

(I haven't listened to the shows so I have no idea what it is really like...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

That's bad, listen in to even one of his shows however hard it may be for a loner like you....u never know u mite actually learn something Blum 3

Have u never even listened to ONE of his shows?

"Admin" wrote:
hey!

It's my job to cut him down to size. All you lot do is praise him. I gotta be brutally honest.

:twisted:

(I haven't listened to the shows so I have no idea what it is really like...)

[b][color=indigo]u aint listend to any of the shows?! all u needed to do is type in the web adress and it EVEN played automatically! ur so lazy!!!! i even jamp outoff bed on a few occasions to tune in! im so loyal Dirol

and whats wrong with a lil bit of praise??? eh?

do u feel left out Mr Admin..??[/color][/b]

"Angel" wrote:
That's bad, listen in to even one of his shows however hard it may be for a loner like you....u never know u mite actually learn something Blum 3

I am certain I listened to one or two last year, or the year before. Or the year before that.

"Admin" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

I am certain I listened to one or two last year, or the year before. Or the year before that.

and?

[b][color=indigo]Admin u cud have made an effort uno.[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]Admin u cud have made an effort uno.[/color][/b]

That's admin for ya. He is happy enough to stare at blank screen than have any interaction with humans be it by listening to them. He's basically a loner :twisted:

[b][color=indigo]Awwww pooor Mr Admin aka the Loner.

u really do need to get out more![/color][/b]

salaam

there is a vote taking place for the best show on Mashal Radio.
For those of you who have listened to it,then pls do vote for The Lets TalkShow.
The only point of this is to let the organisers and elders know that our show is not useless and a fitna as some think:-)
you can vote here:

(JUST SCROLL DOWN ABIT FROM THE TOP)

wasalaam

[b][color=indigo]Looks like the Lets Talk Shows got the most votes! 50% so far.[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]Looks like the Lets Talk Shows got the most votes! 50% so far.[/color][/b]

really! mashallah.... admin must have hacked the site and voted 50 times... errrmmmm...no..he doesnt even listen to it!!!! must be genuine then:-)

hang on, ive looked its only 35%...and that World Show is only 4 behind.... ah well...

anyone who hasnt voted , then pls do so.

[b]tonights a big show:[/b]
Q & A with Shaykh Salim...

so pls do text or phone in your questions...

or just email or PM me before 9.30pm and i will ask em for anyone here on air...

and pls do spread the word....

[i]also can someone record this show on cd pls... to distribute later on. none of the shows have been recorded...which is a massive shame...[/i]

Pages