The Revival on the Lets Talk Show-Live

168 posts / 0 new
Last post

Quote:
We do not call ourselves "a light unto the nations".

I have heard 2 jews say that hashem called them that

Quote:
Again, the suggestion that we claim innate superiority can only come from a hostile outsider.

nope i'v heard jews claim to be superior

we are just "gentiles"

we are inferior

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

"TEX" wrote:
Quote:
We do not call ourselves "a light unto the nations".

I have heard 2 jews say that hashem called them that

I have explained it. Hashem said to Avraham in B'reishit (Genesis) "I will make you a light unto nations". I take it as an inspiration. Nobody uses it the way you have used it. Not even your friends, I should think.

"TEX" wrote:
Quote:
Again, the suggestion that we claim innate superiority can only come from a hostile outsider.

nope i'v heard jews claim to be superior

we are just "gentiles"

we are inferior

Gentiles means non-Jews. In fact the word is goyim, which is the word for nations as in "Or L'Goyim", "light unto nations". I do not know where you have been called inferior but it is not the Jewish belief. It goes without saying that if you follow a contradictory different set of values then we will believe ours superior, but that is not a claim of innate superiority. Maybe you are friendly with very immature Jews who hate their parents and put it to you like this. Goyim are not inferior.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"The Great 100" wrote:

I have explained it. Hashem said to Avraham in B'reishit (Genesis) "I will make you a light unto nations". I take it as an inspiration. Nobody uses it the way you have used it. Not even your friends, I should think.

The administrator of torah.org said "jews were light unto the nations" on one of the threads. He said god and some non-jews called them that.

i wud join the forum, but it seems somwhat islamphobic :?

Quote:
Gentiles means non-Jews. In fact the word is goyim, which is the word for nations as in "Or L'Goyim", "light unto nations". I do not know where you have been called inferior but it is not the Jewish belief. It goes without saying that if you follow a contradictory different set of values then we will believe ours superior, but that is not a claim of innate superiority. Maybe you are friendly with very immature Jews who hate their parents and put it to you like this. Goyim are not inferior.

"The nation of Israel is pure and the Arabs are a nation of donkeys. They are an evil disaster, an evil devil, and a nasty affliction. The Arabs are donkeys and beasts. They want to take our girls. They are endowed with true filthiness. There is pure and there is impure and they are impure."

--Rabbi David Batzri, head of the Magen David Yeshiva in Jerusalem [Israeli newspaper Haaretz, March 21, 2006]

"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail."
Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 [N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

All Gentile children are animals.” ( Yebamoth, 98a.); The gentiles are outside the protection of the Law and God has exposed their money to Israel.” (Baba Kamma, 37-b.); “God created them in the form of men for the glory of Israel. But Akum (non-Jews) were created for the sole end of ministering unto them (the Jews) day and night. Nor can they ever be relieved from this service. It is becoming to the son of a king (an Israelite) that animals in their natural form, and animals in the form of human beings should minister unto him. ( Midrasch talpioth, fol. 225d; “the sexual intercourse of a Goi is like that of a beast.” (Sanhedrin, 74-b, Tosephot.)

that's nice...
what's a goi?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

did none of you listen to teh show last night?
it was on israel/palestine/lebanon/iraq....

very educational show....
judda and 100 should have rang in or text...

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

I wouldn't dare. Anyway it was yom tov.

TEX,

I'm not addressing the Talmud quotations. As you know there are many volumes full of debates. If you want to understand how it works that's another conversation that I once had with Ibrahim on the old forums and he wasn't buying my explanations. For now, whether you buy it or not, that isn't the Jewish view on gentiles.

"TEX" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:

The administrator of torah.org said "jews were light unto the nations" on one of the threads. He said god and some non-jews called them that.

i wud join the forum, but it seems somwhat islamphobic :?

Fair point if it is true, although on first glance it doesn't look it. I shall check it out. (Although saying that I wonder how much care you take to address Muslim antisemitic sites. You did link that not charming essay.)

Quote:

"TEX" wrote:
"The nation of Israel is pure and the Arabs are a nation of donkeys. They are an evil disaster, an evil devil, and a nasty affliction. The Arabs are donkeys and beasts. They want to take our girls. They are endowed with true filthiness. There is pure and there is impure and they are impure."

--Rabbi David Batzri, head of the Magen David Yeshiva in Jerusalem [Israeli newspaper Haaretz, March 21, 2006]

And what did Haaretz have to say about it?

"TEX" wrote:
"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail."
Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 [N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1]

TEX, it isn't the popular view. May I ask where you get these quotes? I'm sure it is somewhere that collects them.

zara,

Goy means nation but also non-Jews. Please read what I have just said and said higher up the thread. If you want depth on the matter call your local rabbi and you will find he condemns the views TEX is referencing. Guaranteed.

NB Ed, the sentiment was still appreciated.

zara i think goi is a non-jew

since 100 has not refuted the above i am to assume it is tru...

its not fricken working! :evil:

Quote:

why?

and please call me TEX

judda is history

"TEX" wrote:
zara i think goi is a non-jew

since 100 has not refuted the above i am to assume it is tru...

I happen to have commented on it just before you wrote that or as you were writing it. I have not been in all day. Don't assume. I didn't realise you were so prone to this stuff. You once advertised your credentials as a good friend of some Jews. Fairweather friend.

100, i'm not a jew so i cant call this rabbi.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

You can and that is proof. You might say, "Rabbi, I am a Muslim who has heard the following about Jewish beliefs and I am wondering if you can shed some light on it. Please." Otherwise you can take my word for it over TEX's.

since when did i claim to be ally pally wid jews

my freinds come and go (more go then come lol)

i find the anti-zionists and non-zionist jews easier to talk to

there are LOT of jewish litrature that none jews are not permitted to access, its a cause for concern,

"TEX" wrote:
since when did i claim to be ally pally wid jews

When you first came on the forums. Maybe you lied.

"TEX" wrote:
there are LOT of jewish litrature that none jews are not permitted to access

:?: No. Order what you like from Amazon or visit a Jewish bookshop. You will not find it hateful.

is it true that jews can't touch th torah becoz it's too sacred?

no i did not pretend to be ally pally wid the jews when i first came to the forum

i have been around for over 3 years under sevaral diff unsernames

i sed i would give them a chance...

i had some great relationships with jews and too many not so great ones

u probably caught me at a time when i was naive about how intolerent/brainwashed/sick jews could be

when i hear comments like its `ok` to kill women and children in lebonan because they will grow up to hate the jews anyway so `there no point in saving them` and when i read rabbis say on torah.org that Arabs in israel deasearve to die because they are on "jewish land" my blood boils.
100 the quotes are all over the net

the problem with jews is that ur religion is ``all over the place`` that even jews can easily take it out of context.... and its not pretty when they do...

"zara" wrote:
is it true that jews can't touch th torah becoz it's too sacred?

Yes and no. I will answer another time, I'm off out (finally).

this thread is just to discuss the Lets Talk show...
if u want to discuss the middle east then start a seperate topic...

the topic being discussed NOW is:
[b]IS THERE HEAVEN FOR A G?[/b]

So tune in and take part:

dude [i]chill[/i]

i thought last nights show was really good, it got me thinking, phone ins were also good.

i especially liked the apology at the end for the comment made by one of the brothers which was inappropriate although i knew what he meant ie religious heroes are way cooler and will always be then any gangster.

[b][color=indigo]Tought todays topic and discussions was TOP. Very very useful to everyone, prbz one of the best shows you've done so far IMO.
I was going to ring in, but family was making waaay to much noise!! So maybe next week.
On the whole, excellant panel, wicked topic and very benifical, so Weldun! Biggrin [/color][/b]

Last nights show on drugs was really good.

It was really good of Sister Jameela to take part in the live show. She made an important contribution and it was nice to hear a female voice. I commend her for the work she does, I think she is an asset to the community she works in.

Overall, good show, you covered everything, ie causes, signs of misuse, solutions etc.

salaaam

dont forget to tune in today

topic is : Idenntity- are we british?asian? arabs? british muslims? just muslims? do we have an identitiy crisis?

pls tune in, phone in, text in.....

studio no is 0161 626 14 44

text no is: 0780 195 1501

Channel 4 will be recording tonights show, so be heard!

listen here:

wasalaam

Channel 4 will be recording tonights show, so be heard!

Normally the presenter reads out the text messages, but maybe you could give the responsibility to another brother to read them out tonight, as the presenter has enough to manage - the show will, in my opinion, flow better and you'll get a chance to screen the messages too.

LOL i didnt know brother Saj was being watched by Mi5.

His Revival shinanigans are a security risk lol.

Run Ed Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggrin

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
LOL i didnt know brother Saj was being watched by Mi5.

His Revival shinanigans are a security risk lol.

Run Ed Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggrin

Why? what did he say?

considering the number of people under surveilance, I would find it surprising if people involved with 'The Revival' were not under surveilance.

(I think the number of people under surveilance is 2 followed by some zeroes. the number being 2000, 20,000 or 200,000. Cannot remember which one, but the number will be in the airline terrorist plot arrests topic somewhere. (and I think it was 200,000))

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[b][color=indigo]Alhamdulliah another good show put on by the brothers. Good topic and discussions.
Textd in a few times, but the presenter was going a lil TOO fast for my liking!

Lukin forward 2 tommrwz discusion. [/color][/b]

Yep, agree with Noor - good show.

The discussion progresses quickly, but it does flow, and I guess it has to so that the presenters cover everything. Although the show is two hours, it doesnt seem that long when listening to it which is a good thing.

I was really impressed when brother Zahid Maqbool mentioned that he'd invited a TV crew over to join his family to experience iftaari. All of you are very humble but when non-muslims think good of Islam, it is down to peolpe like yourself - you dont just talk the talk. I pray Allah (swt) blesses you all for all your hard work.

jazakallah for your comments...

just like The Revival...the lets talk show takes up an awful lot of time, effort, commitment...

i'm writing out the questions for tonights show as i speak...:-)

topic tonight is:
REVERT MUSLIMS IN ISLAM

we should have brother from oxford, jamaican bro form oldham, english bro from oldham and a chinese siter (on the phone) from manchester.

so shud be a good show but pls text ur questions and comments AND PHONE IN PLS;-0

wasalaam

[b][color=indigo]SubhanAllah! Best show so far!! Im so gald that you had revert brothers in the studio, it's always so inspiring and facinating hearing their stories and how they came to the deen. You must bring them on again some time!!!!

The best topic you've picked so far IMO, keep up the good work bros, and May Allah reward you for all your efforts Insha'allah!!

We appreiate it very much![/color][/b]

Pages