You’ve Got Mail

Salaam

I watched that film years ago…it was basically about a guy who falls in love with a girl over the net.

Have you ever met anyone online? Have you ever considered meeting anyone online?

When speaking online, because of the absence of body language and facial expression, people become more open and reveal a LOT more than they generally would have in real life…

Are you more honest/confident online? Or do you tend not to tell the truth?

IMO I think it’s easy to fall for someone online coz you dont know them properly and you can get carried away by building a perfect picture in your mind about them…

Do you have more friends online than offline?

What’s the difference between talking to members of the opposite sex in real life and “online?”

Do you know of any “internet success marriage” stories?

And, No, I’m not considering the above…I’m thinking about writing something on this topic.

Wasalaam

i read about a man who agreed to meet up with a "sweet, senstive, nurturing women" he met on chat

and it ended up being his own mum :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I watched that film years ago…it was basically about a guy who falls in love with a girl over the net.

It happens all the time, especially with kids having internet in their bedrooms. Some parents don't even know how to use a computer which means the child has an advantage of doing whatever they like online.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Have you ever met anyone online? Have you ever considered meeting anyone online?

Nope.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Are you more honest/confident online?

I think shy people are more confident online as the person you are talking to can't see you, so there's a barrier in between. I go all nervous and blush when I'm speaking in front of loads of people in real life.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
IMO I think it’s easy to fall for someone online coz you dont know them properly and you can get carried away by building a perfect picture in your mind about them…

And when you do meet them, reality kicks in. The perfect picture vanishes into the horizon....No I'm not talking about myself here, but know someone who has.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Do you have more friends online than offline?

I don't have any friends online. Most of my offline friends don't have internet at home.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
What’s the difference between talking to members of the opposite sex in real life and “online?”

For example here, you can reveal more about yourself as the person you're talking to doesn't know who you are, where you live, so you can stay anonymous. You can also lie and make things up, and if things were to go horribly wrong, you can stop talking to them at the click of a button :twisted:

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Do you know of any “internet success marriage” stories?

I've heard people getting married by meeting online (and even marrying online :shock: .) There was a documentary on tv some time back about a muslim girl who was looking for a partner online, I think it was on channel 4.

this is lyk an interview man

'A book holds a house of gold'

The British Embassy in Bangkok is one of the busiest anywhere in the world.

More than 660,000 people from Britain came to Thailand last year, and the Embassy finds itself dealing with those who get into trouble.

It also deals with those who want to get married - it records around 70 couples a week coming in to get marriage documents processed, nearly all of them older British men marrying younger Thai women.

The number of Thai-British marriages keeps growing, many of them arranged through internet websites, which post pictures and videos of hundreds of would-be Thai brides, from which prospective British husbands can choose a potential partner.

Most of the men know little about Thailand, perhaps only what they have experienced on a short holiday.

They are drawn by the prospect of a short and easy courtship with much younger and often strikingly attractive women.

The women seem drawn to the agency by a desire for financial stability and what they believe is a more caring attitude among Western men.

"There's this 'lad' culture with the ladies in UK these days. I don't want to be messed about any more. What I'm looking for is how it used to be in Britain in the 40s and 50s, where the family unit supported each other."

[url= NEWS[/url]

:?

I don't trust the internet. I've read enough horror stories of kids who got kidnapped or raped by online stalkers to be permanently turned off to the idea of 'internet relationships' which means if I even let me daughters have access to the internet they sure as hell won't have that much access.

Scary world really, people can be anybody online. Hell for all you guys know I'm an 85 year old black woman sitting in a wheelchair at a mental hospital convinced I'm JFK.

...though that is not terribly likely.

Right, anyway, it's just a bad idea all around to get involved with people you don't know from online.

You and being an old woman, sounds believable Blum 3

I totaly agree with you though, my mates mate got married to a guy from US and she was from UK and they met via net, it's bloody crazy :shock:

You don't know what psycho paths could be lurking on the net, very scary stuff!!!

i know two ppl a friend of a friends who got married after meeting ppl online. I thght they were crazy but they've been married 3 years now, with kids an all and the families seem happy with them.

But even so i wouldn't advise it, too many crazy ppl on the net :?

Desperate.... thats what i call it.

Back in BLACK

online you get arrogant, mouthy men who are all talk and nothing in real life who prey on young, naive innocent girls

this is cos they know that in real life such a girl wud never look at them twice

and THATS why I'm anti internet relationships :evil:

online you also get loud trixy girls who try to lure innocent, humble, pious men onto the wrong path. Tut tut... mens ability to see the good in everyone can in this case backfire.

These girls are probably shy and reserved in real life and would probably never say anything to anyone, but as soon as they hide behind they're computer: they become trixy and untrust worthy after the precioussss.....

and THATS how the cookie crumbles.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]i wouldnt marry sum1 i met online, but i would n have met some really nice sistaz online who r really really nice mashaAllah[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

You have to take the good with the bad

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
You have to take the good with the bad

Good movie!

"Odysseus" wrote:

Scary world really, people can be anybody online. Hell for all you guys know I'm an 85 year old black woman sitting in a wheelchair at a mental hospital convinced I'm JFK.

Lol

Children.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

salaam,

i wud also never meet anyone online, that kind of field doesn't intrest me at all. mojority of teh people i think that sit at teh another side are either lonnies, murders not to mention rapist or kidnappers as a brother mentioned above,.

most of my friends or offline altho the peopel i met online especially on this forum are very nice freindly sister sand brothers.

to be honest from teh strories i heared teh brothers are just has bad as teh sisters . tehy both lead each other more into devil like talk.

i nt saying online is bad because teh discussions on here and topic have be very useful to me i have pick up quite a bit of ilm on here

thanx to teh sources provided by the sister and brothers on revival. Smile

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i wouldnt marry sum1 i met online, but i would n have met some really nice sistaz online who r really really nice mashaAllah[/color]

Same here...

I've met some fantastic people online that I wouldnt have met in real life, so I suppose chatting to people online does have SOME benefits.

However, you can only do that when you are 101% sure that the person you are speaking to online is totally legit.

[color=magenta]yeah true but iv met them in islamic gatherings wiv my older sis n they did turn out to be legit thankfully[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Muslim girl flees London to wed her internet Hindu

IT IS a tale of forbidden love that has delighted the Indian press. But a Muslim schoolgirl’s decision to flee from London to India to marry a Hindu man she met on the internet has not exactly pleased her parents.

Subia Gaur, 18, from Plaistow, East London, and Ashwani Gupta, 21, began chatting online three years ago. Such was her parents’ opposition to the romance that the teenager secretly caught a flight to Delhi and abandoned her strict religious upbringing to become a wife in Ghaziabad.

The couple emerged from hiding this week to marry in Mr Gupta’s home town, 60 miles from Delhi, in a ceremony broadcast across the subcontinent. More than 1,000 uninvited guests turned up to witness the marriage, whose star-crossed path has been likened to a Bollywood plotline.

The bride’s family had lodged a claim with local police that she had been abducted. In turn, she claimed that relatives had issued death threats against her, her husband and her father-in-law because she had married a Hindu. They are living under police protection.

The parents denied the allegations, claiming that despite their efforts to protect their daughter they had been beaten by the “evil internet”. They said that they had first learnt of the wedding when they tuned into an Indian satellite TV channel. Subia said: “I knew the first time I met Ashwani in person that he was the one I was going to marry. It’s hard for people to understand what we have been through.

“My family have put a lot of pressure on me and I didn’t want to hurt them, but I had to be with the man I love. Religion doesn’t matter. I’m Muslim and he is Hindu. I’m not converting and he doesn’t want me to. Ashwani and his family accepted me for who I am.”

The couple spent hours chatting online, exchanging photographs and conversing in Hindi and English. They did not meet until April, when Subia travelled to India to meet her grandparents in Bombay. Mr Gupta made the 700-mile journey from Delhi to see her.

She returned to London to take her A levels. To escape the arranged marriage she said her parents had planned for her, Subia took a second flight to Delhi, and did not return.

“I knew they would never accept Ashwani,” she said. “We thought if we got married then they wouldn’t be able to take me back. I haven’t had any contact with my friends or my younger brother and sister. It’s been very stressful and we’ve had to go into hiding.”

Abdul Gaur, 46, a shop manager who arrived in Britain in 1999, made a tearful plea yesterday for his daughter to come home. “She is part of my body, my first-born child, and it is madness to say that we could harm her in any way,” he said. “She is just 18 years old and I believe she has been brainwashed. She doesn’t understand what she has done.

“She is a Muslim above all and she has married a Hindu and that is the most shocking thing about this, not that she has lied to us and married against our wishes.

“The girls are teenagers and were not allowed out after school or college and certainly not near men. But we could do nothing to protect out daughter from the evil of the internet. While we slept this evil came into our home and has led to our daughter running away and marrying a Hindu boy.”

His wife, Fameeda, 37, said that they would accept Mr Gupta, who is studying to become a financial analyst, if he converted to Islam.

The marriage has divided opinion in India. Some have praised the couple for daring to bridge the religious divide. Others have castigated the teenager for marrying so young and upsetting her parents.

Subia said that she was dismayed by the interest in her life. “I was a normal 18-year-old Londoner before this. I never wanted the attention that I’ve received. But if there is someone in my position, I hope my story gives them the courage to follow their heart.”

[url=

"MuslimSister" wrote:

“The girls are teenagers and were not allowed out after school or college and certainly not near men. But we could do nothing to protect out daughter from the evil of the internet. While we slept this evil came into our home and has led to our daughter running away and marrying a Hindu boy.”

why are some parents so naive when it comes to the internet?

my dad reg checks his "history" and even "deleted history" to check what his kids get up to on the net

My mum dsnt kno how to use to comp and my dads never at home. My uncles usually do all the snooping, he monitors what where doing from his house so therz kno need of him to physically come over and look at all the histry when he has our screen up on his!

cant hide nuffin from dad

even our msn convo's get saved somehow :shock:

he's a computer boffin

Just like my uncle!

He can hack into every1s comps on our road!

dnt really mind, not like i have anything to hide!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
cant hide nuffin from dad

even our msn convo's get saved somehow :shock:

That's coz there is an option on msn as to whether you want convo's saved, I dont click that option coz my little bro uses the comp and my older bro, nothing to hide but I don't like them nosing about.

However I am the one who keeps tabs on my bro's hehe

My parents don't know how to use a computer, if my dad needs something typed up he'll ask me and if my mum wants to buy something online she'll ask me.

Guys do you know there's software out there which can permanently delete your data Biggrin

hmmm.....

I deleted a load of work and basically everything from the comp, but my uncle sumhw got it back and he dint use the ghost software either..!

When you put the data you don't need in your recycle bin and press 'empty recycle bin', the data isn't erased permanently. It's just there but you can't see it.

The only time when the deleted data will be permanantly erased is when your hard drive is running out of space and it needs more space.

Noor, any chance you've got norton goback?

Naah not got that, but ive got the norton anti virus thingy, ghost remmberz everything on the comp and saves it, then if u loose anything or if the comp crashes, u simply put in the same CD.

My uncls are boffins wen it cumz to comps so thr able to do everything!!

I haven't got ghost but got norton goback, they're both very similar.

But my one's better Blum 3

Is that so???

Well i'll just hav to pop down to my uncls shop and get the same softwre then! and for FREE! Biggrin

Pages