Issue 2: OUT NOW!

salaam

The Revival is at printers and ready for distribution by Monday so if you want a copy sent to your house or want copies for distribution then email me NOW please. You assistance will be appreciated.

wasalaam

salaam

Main articles in Issue 2:

1. Editorial- Religion has no terrorism
2. The Revival Statement: We will not be victims!
3. Muslim Contribution to Britain
4. Friends
5. Big Brother
6. Ali Wannabe and Jamal
7. Q & A
8. Islam says NO to terrorism
9. Drugs- Weapon of Mass Destruction
10.Do you REALLY know him?
11. What a load of politics- Give your MP hell!

Its a packed issue full of views, news, hard-hitting topics, sarcasm, knowledge and action!

reserve your copy now...and subscribe today by emailing

wasalaam

salaam
[b]
The Revival issue 2 is finally out[/b]

if u want to receive a copy email us now.

It will be put on line in about a weeks time.
[b]
DISTRIBUTORS ARE REQUIRED. SO COME FORWARD PLS[/b]

wasalaam

yeah this issue does seem like a hot one

i'm also looking forward to it

salaam

ok not many ppl from the forum have asked for a copy or come forward to be dustributors.
C'mon ppl do your bit for Islam!

wasalaam

Asalaamu alaikum

i got some copies from the Al-Hidayah camp and Insha'Allah will give them to my friends.

This issue is great...well done for getting in the main topic of the London bombings.

The 'big brother' article is good...makes you realise that there really is a bigger being always looking at us, also the bit about the Muslims that have contributed to Britain is really good...this is exactly the sort of stuff thats needed to show that Muslims are a part of Britain and have actually helped in shaping Britain to what it is today.

The 'Ali wannabe+Jamal' bit was cool....this time its got alot more information about the teachings of Islam...cant wait till 'Ali wannabe' crosses over the line lol...the stuff about drugs is good...this issue needed to be addressed big time, its one of the main diseases spreading within the Muslim youth and needs to be stopped.

Not read all of it yet...il post some more comments when i have done.

well done to all the Revival team....another job well done! Biggrin

Salaam, finally decided to join the forum after years of just reading it :roll:

yeah i got my copy from the Al-Hidayah camp as well. how good was that camp?! :shock: i must say it was such a spiritual experience which hopefully will change my lifestyle for the better inshallah. anyone wana join me on ICIS?!

the issue was great, read most of it. Ali wannabee is the best lol

Yo Ed.....some of the rochdale lads wanted you to get distribution going there. :idea: as well as that, i wanted to intro you to the graphic designer, but as usual you just shoof off! busy guy what can i say :?

for the next issue, i think it should come around Ramadhan and include topics related to it....the do's and dont's on Eid (i.e. family not rusholme), and for the some of the issues facing todays youth i dont think have been covered properly are dating issues and the clubbing/niche phenomenon i hear 7 year olds around my shop talking about astagfirullah!

dating - a lot of people i know and i have seen seem to think its ok to hav a gal on the side, or i know a few sisters who have a man. theyre not as bad as the non-muslims in the sense what they get upto, but all the same it is haraam. you only have to walk around uni and its evident. way too much flirting going on. speakin of which, not lukin forward to uni this time around...i wanted to stay at Al-Hidaya! Cray 2

clubbing - a lot of the people i have spoken to acknowledge that clubbing is haraam, but the amount of times i hear this reply is amazing: "i know its not good, and im not going to go all the time....i just wanna see what happens there. i only want to experience it once, i wont go again". honestly it amazes me that people can say that, isnt prevention better than cure? you already know the haraam things that happen there far too well, but yet they still say they want to try it once only. why i ask? :evil:

anyways, dont wanna get fired from work.

Wasalaam

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

yea bro the camp was totally amazing+out of this world!

i agree the topics u mentioned should be covered more frequently or in different ways so that the message really gets across to the youth...like i said before i really liked the section on weed because most brothers n sisters to sadly are caught in the sinful life of weed, dating, drinking, clubbing etc etc...these are the areas that the revival can really help the youth with and Alhamdulillah u guys are doing a GREAT job n Insha'Allah Allah Almighty through His Beloved Nabi (peace be upon Him and His family) will always continue to bless u+give u the ability to always work for the Muslim ummah...AMEEN.

p.s. bro Hayder regarding your signature....this is the full version:

work for your dunya in proportion to your stay in the dunya..
work for your life hereafter in proportion to your eternity stay in it..
work for Allah in proportion to your need for Him..
work for the fire of hell in proportion to your ability and tolerance of how much you can bear of it..

thanks sis, nice 1 4 that. i have got it in my notes...but i need to write them up full and gather a few others from ma mates! i got tired from writing a bit :oops: ...but i was lisning! Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

lol well the lectures were pretty long...thing is i was sitting right at the front so i wasnt gona stop taking notes!

but even if the lectures were for 5/6 hours you dont realise the time because the information from the lectures is so great+u just concentrate on getting all of it down on paper!

yeah definetly. i felt a lil guilty coz i left the 1st lecture around midnightish :oops: but in the 2nd lecture where he apoligised it made me feel bad!, like he said....if we cant sit a few hours for Allah swt...how is he gona open our hearts to him? i stayed every moment after that!

in those 3 days i made more notes than a whole year at uni Biggrin serious!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I got the magazine from al-hidayah camp 2, the articles had a lot of variety again impressed by all the articles esp. the ali g one, the friends one (actually made me think again bout who are my friends and wether they are benefitin me, which i should have done long time ago, so thanks) the Q and A was informative...credits due to all the revival team Smile

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

The Revival is at printers and ready for distribution by Monday so if you want a copy sent to your house or want copies for distribution then email me NOW please. You assistance will be appreciated.

wasalaam

Ed-I've emailed you a few times but for some reason it always fails...

Me and my cousins want to help out with donations and my cuz lives near the fone shop that sponsers your mag.

Should we donate the money to them or have you got a separate account.

Also i live in a predominately white area so the few Muslims that live near me have not yet heard about your magazine. I'll PM you my address so you can send me some copies to distribute.

Thanx.

Mag looks great,

I've distributed a few already at work, people seem to take a shine to it.

keep it up

Back in BLACK

Mr Ed

my brother and cousin brother from Manchester picked up a copy of ur mag in our local Mosque in Jumah today

my sister got talking to my cousin brother after jumah-

he was telling her that the "ganja sign" caught his eye (I think the boy is into weed-cos apparently "Manchester is all about the weed" [sic]

he told her that the article was "so true and real" [sic]

and cos of the pictures in the mag such such as the image of friends/weed he read the whole mag-which is a big thing cos the boy dont read nothing

he loved the "lyrics in the mag" [sic] its true that many teenagers are complimented the street style its written

the "lyrics" and "pictures/images" are two things that are making the boys read the mag cover to cover

trust me when I say-boys DONT read nothing

esp not good for nothing guys

yet cos of the way ur mag is written and cos of the pictures-guys are talking about it in the park and the streets

geting guys to read sumin is a massive acomplishment

my cousin said that mag is "on a level" [sic] and wanted to know how come the guys knows EVRYTHING that goes on

is it cos "they are into this sh*** themselves" [sic]

the ones that are written "street style" are the articles that my brother/cousin/their mates have read

weed one/Ali wannabe/friends/big brother

yet they mentioned that they skimmed the ones that were written in proper english

I''l keep u updated

salaam

thanxs littlesis

great feedback..
thats just what i was waiting to hear....

the MAIN reason why i started the revival magazine was to get those youngsters who are away from Islam to read something about their deen, so thats why we write it in a style that the youth can relate to....

i suppose some articles have to be a bit formal...like the one on terrorism, jihad etc....

or do you think ALL articles in the mag shud be in 'the revival' street style?

so is the layout of the article ok? or does it need to be jazzed up, funky ?

keep the feedback coming in please....its the only way we can keep improving it..

wasalaam

salaam

the feedback ive got so far is that ali wanna be and jamal is the best article.... and the drugs one made ppl think....and the terrorism one 'very educational'....

would others agree?

wasalaam

Ali wannabee should go weekly and come in a seprate colour comic strip Biggrin

it'd outsell dennis the menace, beano, superman etc Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i suppose some articles have to be a bit formal...like the one on terrorism, jihad etc....

or do you think ALL articles in the mag shud be in 'the revival' street style?

so is the layout of the article ok? or does it need to be jazzed up, funky ?

being a bookworm-I'd read ANYTHING, even if the book is boring I wont rest until I've finished it

but the same cant be said about most other people-esp Asians

literacy levels amongst Asians is very low-(esp in east London and some parts of Manchester/B'ham)

and for them to go out of their way to read sumin it HAS to be written in a style that is easy for them to understand

I think that MOST articles should be written street style and maybe one or two should be written in standard english

teenagers skip the articles that they find difficult to read-nearly all girls and boys have said that

I loved the layout of this issue-there were more pictures/images

the feedback so far has been that the weed issue is the best, Ali Wannabe was the funniest and the friends one made them think

but I've only asked the boys....I don't know what the girls think of this issue yet

even I havent read it cover to cover yet-cos we've been giving it out and keep on forgetting to keep one home for ourselves :roll:

So u have yet to wait for LilSis's feedback

Watch this space...

Dirol

p.s u still have to answer my cousins Q :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

how come the guys knows EVRYTHING that goes on

is it cos "they are into this sh*** themselves" ? [sic]

[b]MuslimSisLilSis wrote:

is it cos "they are into this sh*** themselves" ? [sic] [/b]

shall i be honest...
few of the boys including me were not the best of Muslims, then we changed and became better Muslims...so we been through the dodgy stuff, know what its like, why ppl go away from |slam, why they come back, what its like to be young, angry, misguided, bored etc etc.... and we hav epersonally experience that the ONLY and BEST way to live in the UK is to follow Islam- thats where the real buzz is...
so we are speaking from a bit of experience aswell, plus we do our research and speak to alot of young people....

hope that answers your question littlesis:-)

wasalaam

shall i be honest...
few of the boys including me were not the best of Muslims, then we changed and became better Muslims...so we been through the dodgy stuff, know what its like, why ppl go away from |slam, why they come back, what its like to be young, angry, misguided, bored etc etc.... and we hav epersonally experience that the ONLY and BEST way to live in the UK is to follow Islam- thats where the real buzz is...
so we are speaking from a bit of experience aswell, plus we do our research and speak to alot of young people....

wasalaam

ed a bad boy couldnt imagine it EVER!

shall i be honest...

wasalaam

LOL-I thought so

i have a feeling nearly everyone on ur team is like that

even my sister hasnt been a Hijaban from day one-she was vain and had a attitude problem back in the day

but maybe thats why ur magazine works

sumin to tell my cousin and my brother....

shall i be honest...

wasalaam

Back in the day Ed was prob one of those guys that hung out on the corner of the street with his homies sayn "yo yo yo waaasssss'apnin man?"

Back in BLACK

i dont liv 2 far from the ed, and i can confirm Seraph is 100% right! Blum 3

soz ed

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I have stuck a couple of the articles from the issue online. I will stick the rest up in the morning. I need sleep.

(And as you will be able to tell by the front cover image, the printers messed up the colours on the front page, losing alot of impact! (I still preferred the old front cover, as this is too busy))

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

you know how it is with kids these days....tehy wont read anything, even after my constant persuasion to read the new edition.
so....me and my brother decided to do a role play, him bieng Brother Jamal and me Ali Wannabee (ironic, my brother is called Ali!), and naturally i had to put the accent on.
quite surprisingly they listned.....but to Ali Wannabee only! everytm i spoke they listened and laffed, and when Jamal spoke thier attentions turned back to the playstation! kids these days :roll:
still, it just about persuaded them to read a few articles.

the ali wannabee and bo jamal idea is genuis-like, congrats Ed

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:

for the next issue, i think it should come around Ramadhan and include topics related to it....the do's and dont's on Eid (i.e. family not rusholme), and for the some of the issues facing todays youth i dont think have been covered properly are dating issues and the clubbing/niche phenomenon i hear 7 year olds around my shop talking about astagfirullah!

dating was addressed in the last issue...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Admin" wrote:
I have stuck a couple of the articles from the issue online. I will stick the rest up in the morning. I need sleep.

(And as you will be able to tell by the front cover image, the printers messed up the colours on the front page, losing alot of impact! (I still preferred the old front cover, as this is too busy))

thanx for posting that admin. i luv the new cover!! Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Hayder Sabri" wrote:

dating was addressed in the last issue...

so it was, my bad

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Hi every1 Biggrin

Just got my copy of theRevival,

looks gr8, luved the Big Brother article.

But you've cut the fun page Cray 2 why?

That was the fun part...

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Pages