Issue 2: OUT NOW!

151 posts / 0 new
Last post

I just remebered now, where was that interview that you guys were goin to have with amir khan?

"angel" wrote:
I just remebered now, where was that interview that you guys were goin to have with amir khan?

Well he has turned professional. SO its harder to get the interview.

Another reason was we already had too much text for last issue.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Well he has turned professional. SO its harder to get the interview.

Another reason was we already had too much text for last issue.

right, i thought you guys had a defnite interview lined up with him, oh well next time..do u have plans to interview any "famous" ppl?

We always have plans...

:twisted:

Hey we could interview that zahid Maqbool guy off the telly!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
We always have plans...

:twisted:

Hey we could interview that zahid Maqbool guy off the telly!

Hey how bout puttin a face to that name? you all are goin on bout him and i didnt knw he had a lot to do with my fav. magazine!!

btw was it his idea to create the magazine?

Its was his idea to relaunch it.

He came to Ed with a copy of one of the old newsletters (Ali G one I think), saying it was brilliant. Ed said it was him. He did not believe him. He suggested to get it restarted. Ed said not unless e have a good team. A few other people got involved and hey presto.

"Admin" wrote:
Its was his idea to relaunch it.

He came to Ed with a copy of one of the old newsletters (Ali G one I think), saying it was brilliant. Ed said it was him. He did not believe him. He suggested to get it restarted. Ed said not unless e have a good team. A few other people got involved and hey presto.

But was it ed's idea originally to come up with a youth magazine?

one question which i have asked so many times but has never been answered..when did u create your website?

p.s. i wana see this zahid maqbool person!!

Mr Admin what is ur job in all of this?

are u in control of the website/forum?

btw them word definitions that u gave in the FAQ section were lame

most of them we dont even use

who says....

Pull(ing) a Paxman - Asking the same question over and over again until an as=nswer is given. Not being sidelined in secondary issues.
Ootoh - On The Other Hand
iirc - If I Recall Correctly

dont make stuff up

mention the words you do use. I can add them.

I do the whole website/forums. Help with the technical stuff. I have got some of our articles into books and magazines.

I critique the articles chnging 'Eds 80's lingo to something abit more uptodate.

I also write. Not much though. (nothing of mine in this issue, even though an article has been incorrectly attributed to me!)

The Revival started way before my tme in the late 90's. The website started in 2000. (That means we need a fifth anniversary! But can't remember exactly when it started.)

It died a few times when we lost access to it, until summer 2002, when we launched the forums, and regained control allowing to actually update the site. Think of it as a start from scratch as the magazine was finished, and the site had not been updated for a good few months. Then we moved forums from Xsorbit to proboards.

You know the rest.

you never heard of iirc? its common usage. along with otoh, afaik, lol, rotfl and many others.

"Admin" wrote:
you never heard of iirc? its common usage. along with otoh, afaik, lol, rotfl and many others.

i've heard of lol and rofl but not the rest

looks like ur lingo needs updating too Wink

any1 here read the OLD OLD OLD revivals? i think ive read every single one since they were a few pages in red and white! most of it is the hard work of the ed tho, he deserves a pat on the back....but no time to stop, weve got a long way to go inshallah.

and if Allah swt wills, and the ed allows, luk out 4 my article next issue!

oh yeah, Sami Yusuf's new album should be out soonn, called "My Ummah". the lead single, "mother" can be viewed on yanabi.com and is really good IMO.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I've two of the old issues at home. The Osama v Saddam and the Most Influential Man in History.

Lil Sis's feedback

just read out the whole magazine cover to cover to mum

I LOVED this issue-it was better then the last one

me and mum both loved ur weed issue-it was SO real and tru

i rate the fact that u actually asked people

a cousin of mine takes weed-his mum is so badly stressed...so the interview that u did with the mum in the article really hit home

mum was impressed with the fact that u condmened the bombings throughout the mag

me and mum were impressed with the amount of research that went into the Muslim contribution article

i loved the images that u used-we were impressed by the way in ur BigBro article it was as if u was talking to US....u know the way that u kept on referring to the things that us youth actually do

i loved ur Do u really know this man piece...cos it made u think

i had couple of mates and my cousins over who started telling their boring sob stories when i was reading out loud the Friends article to mum....(seems like everyone has been let down/grassed up by or gotten into trouble cos of some bad friend :roll:)

my only complaint is with ur Ali Wannabe article...this is cos u went into information overload....if u want to keep this a regular thing u shouldnt teach Ali Wannabe absolutely evrything in one go....its too much for that dodgy bloke to take and and for future issues u might run out of stuff to teach him...

go back to the Ali G style....less it best

and the girls who were with me pointed out that the two people in the comic ARE flirting Wink

i have some girls that I'm gonna ask later on this week for their feedback so I'll keep u updated

salaam
thanxs for the feedback

all in all feedback has been great mashallah, a fe wconstructive criticisms which is cool....
best feedback is for ali wannabe article, editorial, jihad article and friends....

a few have said ali wanna be was a bit too lond, but most loved it...
a few said Big Brother article was blasphemous cos we said Allah is everywhere!
a few said politics article was too dry and boring...

well, now at least i know what to improve on for next issue

now we need to start on the next one....which will be out in ramadhaan

so can everyone give me 3 topics they wud like to have in the next issue..

wasalaam

already told you mine......

1 - the clubbing phenomenon sweeping across the todays youth. c'mon how many people u knw were caught in m2 on B4U un-invited? Lol

2 - Eid..its that time of the year and chaos is going to erupt once again especially with the high levels of policing we can expect. we need to address the proper manner in which Eid should be celebrated.

3 - nothing come to mind, but i believe ive mentioned some other topics to you the other day Ed.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

best feedback is for ali wannabe article, editorial, jihad article and friends....

In London your Weed article is causing a stir...

It was a GREAT piece of work.

That's one of the great things about Revival, there's something in there for everyone.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

In London your Weed article is causing a stir...

It was a GREAT piece of work.

That's one of the great things about Revival, there's something in there for everyone.

salaam

how is it causing a stir :shock:

wasalaam

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:
c'mon how many people u knw were caught in m2 on B4U un-invited? Lol

I don't understand what that means. Guess I must be doing something right. Smile

salaam

3 topics that we will be working on is:

1. is islam out of date?
2. personal accounts of 5 young british muslims on what they do, what its like to be young brit muslim an dalso life after 7/7...what do u think? also if u want to be one of these 5 ppl then email me pls..
3. marriage

so wat u think?

also what do u think ali and jamal shud be chatting about in next issue...me an dirfan khan ar egoingto start working on that soon...

wasalaam

how is it causing a stir :shock:

Stir in a GOOD way :roll:

no one's tackled this issue like this before-which is good

revival aint shy to speak the truth

and cos weed is a VERY common phenomenon esp amongst the good for nothing boys ur article went down well

(p.s clubbing is a good topic-I can interview some mates if u want to get a first hand view of why girls go clubing and u can go undercover in some club and report ur findings Wink )

2. personal accounts of 5 young british muslims on what they do,

why wold people want to know about that

I'm sure a British Muslim aint really much diff to the average Tom Dick and Harry

most peoples lives are lame

btw u MUST include how us teenagers should fast and should NOT fast

salaam

Ed did u get my message regarding distributing the mags? i sent it twice! :?

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
salaam

Ed did u get my message regarding distributing the mags? i sent it twice! :?

salaam
yes i did i will send them out ..u shud get them in the next few days...

wasalaam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

2. personal accounts of 5 young british muslims on what they do,

why wold people want to know about that

I'm sure a British Muslim aint really much diff to the average Tom Dick and Harry

most peoples lives are lame

btw u MUST include how us teenagers should fast and should NOT fast

well the idea is to find out what muslim youth ar elike, how they feel, what they ar egpoing to, how islam fits their life, what hardships, obstacles etc..
so u dont think its a good, interesting read?

IMO thats a good idea

most young Muslims get inspiration from other young Muslims because thay can relate to them with their problems/hardships and so on

well the idea is to find out what muslim youth ar elike, how they feel, what they ar egpoing to, how islam fits their life, what hardships, obstacles etc..

i think it can be a good idea

esp since some people are SO nosy and love to know what other people are on :roll:

but u have to interview the right sort of people

interview some who are EXTREMLY far from Islam

and interview some who are trying very hard to live their lives as a good Muslims

dont chat to the ones who do nothing but go school,come home, watch TV and sit on the Revival.

dont chat to people with lame lives

it can be a good article-

maybe others can draw on from the positive stuff from "a young, practing Muslim"

and learn from the the mistakes of the good for nothing Muslims

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i think it can be a good idea

esp since some people are SO nosy and love to know what other people are on :roll:

but u have to interview the right sort of people

interview some who are EXTREMLY far from Islam

and interview some who are trying very hard to live their lives as a good Muslims

dont chat to the ones who do nothing but go school,come home, watch TV and sit on the Revival.

dont chat to people with lame lives

it can be a good article-

maybe others can draw on from the positive stuff from "a young, practing Muslim"

and learn from the the mistakes of the good for nothing Muslims

salaam
so u can be one of the ppl interviewd littlesis, wat do u say Biggrin
and what would u want us to cover in the ali wannabe and jamal issue this time round...
also ppl like urself shud start to write articls for us...

wasalaam

so u can be one of the ppl interviewd littlesis, wat do u say Biggrin

Like she said, don't interview people who do nothing but go school, come home, watch TV and sit on the Revival.

Pages