Work Work Work.

Salaam

I'm in a slight conundrum.

I took the last two days (thursday and friday) off work.

When I told the Manager I will not be coming in, he basically threatened me and said my job is on the line. He thought that I would change my mind and come in.

I do not take well to threats. Alkbeit I did not respond then, just saying we'll discuss this later, and hanging up on him.

Now on monday I have three choices:

1. Go in and pretend nothing happened.
2. Go in and have a word with him about how I did not appreciate his tone.
3. Take another day off, and choose one of the first two for the next day.

I am leaning towards option three, followed up by finding a decent job.

What do others think?

Nobody owes you a thing, mate. Already you're two days poorer and less diligent. Go in, even if you're late. Be ready to get fired with humility and on good personal terms. Apologise and explain you're lazy, neurotic and antagonistic but realise the job doesn't work if the staff aren't there and the job is more important than how you're feeling and how it looks. Explain you know you undermined the boss and his job and that you realise it is really arrogant of you to do that, but that for you it is all about self-pity and you forget your responsibilities and surely nobody would understand but that the truth sets you free and you'd like to give it a shot. Otherwise get a job where you'll be satisfied to make that commitment, which is easy if you tell an agency you're not up for selling and just want to help people and earn a buck and you love people. Don't tell the boss you don't appreciate his tone when all that happened is you were being a skiving, self-gratifying tosser for two days. I speak pretty much from experience so if it's just me I guess do your thing and good luck with the attitude.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

Admin you dont exactly love your job do you?

How many times have u taken time off work and what was your excuse as to why you couldnt go into work. If it was something like "i can't be bothered" then you cant blame them for givin a warning, however if it was your first time, threatening to sack you is a little extreme. If you said you were sick then they cant use threats like that.

How long have u been workin in your current work place? You work in a call centre right? I think in a call centre more than a year there becomes hell, you need a change. I suggest you get another job.

Admin, if you consider your work important you need to take your job seriously. Most Employers are not that lenient..

Maybe your taking such a relaxed attitude to work cos you want out? But you do not want to hand in your resignation and rather they gave you the push instead?

Also its not easy finding another job.

I can't stand my work, its donkey work and I struggle to fit it in with my Uni timetable...but the only reason why I stick at it is cos I need the money.

"100man" wrote:
Already you're two days poorer and less diligent. Go in, even if you're late. Be ready to get fired with humility and on good personal terms. Apologise and explain you're lazy, neurotic and antagonistic but realise the job doesn't work if the staff aren't there and the job is more important than how you're feeling and how it looks.

Lol

You expect too much of me.

MuslimSis you're right abouit wanting out. Been in sales in this place for two years now. I hate sales. But it pays the bills, and gives time to do other things.

But I need out of sales. I seem to be rising to the bait of customers now, challenging them, arguing just for the sake of it... not a good thing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

But saying that, I take a relaxed attitude to everything. I at times come out loud, angry, but I am almost always relaxed.

Unless someone invades my personal space. Or tries to touch my keyboard or mouse with greasy hands.

Someone's arm got a karate chop becasue he was eating crisps and tried to touch my keyboard about a week ago.

Being relaxed is good for you. well it is for me. I think.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You're skiving work again, tut tut....

Admin if u don't like sales why don't you try cust. services. Isn't there anythin specific you wana do?

Sales for 2 yrs = HELL!!!!!!!

I wanna get off the phones full stop. Customer services is still on the phones.

Done it in the past though. It has some memorable bits.

and what do you mean skiving AGAIN? First time in absolutely ages. I normally book a few days off.

yo bro,

y dnt you just sign up with recriutment (job) agencies and stick to the job you got now until somethings comes up or there is another option
which is do a training thing in a job sector which interests you..
that way you earn whilst applying new skills init and you mite enjoy it.

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

"Admin" wrote:
I wanna get off the phones full stop. Customer services is still on the phones.

Done it in the past though. It has some memorable bits.

and what do you mean skiving AGAIN? First time in absolutely ages. I normally book a few days off.

Why don't u try office work :?

Well u have been off work since thursday/friday, so i call that skiving again unless u have a valid reason....so basically this is your first time calling in to work and sayin i cant come in for whatever reason? (your work place is harsh if that is the case!)

Its a single 'instance' of skiving.

office work? what do people actually do in offices?

"Admin" wrote:
Its a single 'instance' of skiving.

office work? what do people actually do in offices?

office work goes wit ur name bro... Admin

its like answering phones,
paperwork,
typing letters,
e-mails,
and filing (dats da worst thing bout it)

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

"RuBz" wrote:

and filing (dats da worst thing bout it)

[color=blue][b]I definately agree Lol ..filing is the worst and also boring part of the job.

But office work after all it's ok if you think about it, as you do different tasks and not the same thing every day....just depends were you work :?[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

I'm in a slight conundrum.

I took the last two days (thursday and friday) off work.

When I told the Manager I will not be coming in, he basically threatened me and said my job is on the line. He thought that I would change my mind and come in.

I do not take well to threats. Alkbeit I did not respond then, just saying we'll discuss this later, and hanging up on him.

Now on monday I have three choices:

1. Go in and pretend nothing happened.
2. Go in and have a word with him about how I did not appreciate his tone.
3. Take another day off, and choose one of the first two for the next day.

I am leaning towards option three, followed up by finding a decent job.

What do others think?

Quit - those jobs are horrible and don't lead anywhere. Hook yourself up with a job that will put you on the fast track, make a lot of money, marry a model and die somewhere in the caribbean.

Admin is too stingy with his money to end up with a nice model.

wow ramz i didn't know u were psychic :roll:

But is she right or wrong? that is the question.

"Admin" wrote:
But is she right or wrong? that is the question.

Well you have said before you are pretty careless with your money, so in that aspect you don't come under the category of being stingy, only u knw yourself whether u are or not, so are u stingy? Blum 3

I do not know.

I find myself an enigma.

I am very careless AND very careful with money.

his lazy bum attitude to work shows that the man cant be stingy with his money

BTW what happened at work today?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
his lazy bum attitude to work shows that the man cant be stingy with his money

BTW what happened at work today?

the lazy person didn't go Blum 3

dunno. did not go in.

And how can you say that? you are huirting my feelings! Cray 2

Seriously, You would probably not last 2 hours in an outbound sales job.

There used to be some girls who worked on this campaign... they would cry before coming to work! and they moved campaign within a month.

i wouldnt put myself in such a situation in the first place

i know what i can and cant do

sales is SO not my thing

i hate in-your-face sales people

and i know how rude ppl can be to them

u dont seem to have a sales personality

I have the sweetest job ever. My uncle gave me a position and a paycheck at the family's investment firm based on the promise that I would [i]never[/i] actually do anything. - My immediate family still has stock in the firm just because we're related but we've always been hands off while dad did law. So I get to join in the fun too. Although it is getting boring having nothing to do until law school... I'm starting to drive annette a little crazy.

pick up gardening.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
snobby Dave

u and ur silver spoon doesnt belong in this thread

What can't the employers have a say? :twisted:

doubt it. Probably at work... or another day off.

No lets not go there. I will go work 2moro. If I feel like it.

"Admin" wrote:

There used to be some girls who worked on this campaign... they would cry before coming to work! and they moved campaign within a month.

Oi I'll have u know not all girls are like that, I worked in outbound sales for a whole year (and I was really good at it) but then I got bored of it, too many customers being nasty idiots (can't blame them though).

I think you should go to work being on the dole isn't very dignifying

I'll probably be at work 2moro... but lets hope I find something else soon.

Pages