honeymoon

If you was planning your honeymoon. Which country would you visit?
Which country is considered the most romantic country in the world?
For me its Italy Biggrin

sorry to spoil this topic, but do you know the origins of honeymooning? Its very far from romantic.

I can spill the beans if you like...

but travelling wise every country has its uniqueness, so it really depends on what your interests are... and wether you can get halaal food.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
sorry to spoil this topic, but do you know the origins of honeymooning? Its very far from romantic.

I can spill the beans if you like...

go on tell, i aint heard it before!

The most romantic place is considered to be paris

It goes all the way back to medieval times, and the practice of kidnapping women and forcing them to marry you.

The honeymoon period was to lay low, hoping by the time you go back, the woman you kidnapped and married is pregnant, so that the girls family will have to spare you. Now the pregnant girl was in no position to leave the husband either.

very romantic indeed.

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If I was to go to a honeymoon (which isn't likely) it would be Japan. I would get a robot to feed and scratch my back for me Lol

half of my extended family are very big on honeymoons

EVERY aunty and uncle of mine from my dads side were given an open ticket from their parents

my cousin who got married last year went to egypt

i dont see the point of honeymoons :roll:

"Admin" wrote:
It goes all the way back to medieval times, and the practice of kidnapping women and forcing them to marry you.

The honeymoon period was to lay low, hoping by the time you go back, the woman you kidnapped and married is pregnant, so that the girls family will have to spare you. Now the pregnant girl was in no position to leave the husband either.

very romantic indeed.

:twisted:

lol judging by the glare my father in law gave me at my wifes birthday party recently you would think I've done just that ^

...our honeymoon is still up in the air, probably changing it to Jerusalem for sometime over the summer.

Lots of fighting resulted in that one - I still have the distinct feeling I've been tricked.

"† Don Karnage" wrote:
I still have the distinct feeling I've been tricked.

lol, You'll find out when you no longer have an option to put up any resistance.

Just don't frett. No point in it, as you'll just worry about something you cannot change.

"Admin" wrote:
"† Don Karnage" wrote:
I still have the distinct feeling I've been tricked.

lol, You'll find out when you no longer have an option to put up any resistance.

Just don't frett. No point in it, as you'll just worry about something you cannot change.

Oh I'm not terribly concerned. She's been very good at this game for a long time - we've got an understanding. As long as there is no direct confrontation with my manly authoritarian stands on certain thing, and she sticks to behind the scenes manipulation everything is A-Okay.

lol. That seems to be the norm in society anyway.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
half of my extended family are very big on honeymoons

EVERY aunty and uncle of mine from my dads side were given an open ticket from their parents

my cousin who got married last year went to egypt

i dont see the point of honeymoons :roll:

Getting jiggy with it ofcourse.... doesnt take an evil genius whose got a degree from evil medical school to figour that out.

Back in BLACK

The word honeymoon dates back to the 16th century:

"The first month after marriage, when there is nothing but tenderness and pleasure" (Samuel Johnson)

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Umrah.
Whats so romantic about going to Umrah?

Ramz have you been to Italy before?

I have never been anywhere other than Paris and Bangladesh.

"Ramz" wrote:
I have never been anywhere other than Paris and Bangladesh.

lol so two third world countries then. I can't stand paris... Italy is great - so long as you don't fall into the water at Venice (it's worse than the Thames) and are prepared to eat some pretty weird stuff.

Are you married now or still doing the meat market?

I'm still fighting off the desi free loaders in the meat market.

"Ramz" wrote:
I'm still fighting off the desi free loaders in the meat market.

lol, tell your parents english is a major requirement.

They all know English with a thick accent. :roll:

"Ramz" wrote:
They all know English with a thick accent. :roll:

[i]Fab[/i]ulous. So what is it you want anyway? You don't exactly strike me as the kind of girl that wants a guy wearing his fathers salwar kameez who can rock a dotara.

"Ramz" wrote:
If you could make the perfect man or woman what would they be like.
My ideal man would be

*rich
*very good looking
*He'd get on with all my friends
*Highly educated.
*well known in town
*very generous
*funny
*romantic
*obedient

Too bad my desi parents do not want what I want.

"Ramz" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:
If you could make the perfect man or woman what would they be like.
My ideal man would be

*rich
*very good looking
*He'd get on with all my friends
*Highly educated.
*well known in town
*very generous
*funny
*romantic
*obedient

Too bad my desi parents do not want what I want.

Are you sure you're ready to get married?

"Ramz" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
Umrah.
Whats so romantic about going to Umrah?

It's nice way of starting a life with your partner, many blessings to be achieved and prayers to be made for a successful marriage/future. You get to visit the blessed grave of the Holy Prophet (saw), what can be better than that....

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Monte Carlo

dad went there last year with work

aint that the place where ppl go to gamble?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Monte Carlo

And for really good F1 races.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Monte Carlo

And for really good F1 races.

gambling and F1 races?

how romantic :roll: :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
gambling and F1 races?

how romantic :roll: :roll:

It's quite gorgeous actually, especially the rock of monte carlo

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
???

:evil:

lol... she knows what i mean... hahaha

I would probably go to New York or some where in the mediterranean.

Back in BLACK

Pages