names

Salam

I dont know about the life hereafter.

However, it is often said that names have direct influence on your destiny.

Many factors about the name are said to be involved in having an impact on your future:

1. Who actually chose the name. God doesn't like criminals or His enemies chosing the name.

2. The lunar date on which the name was finally given to the child.

3. The position of the sun when name was first called. This means the time of the day.

4. What the meaning of the actual name is.

5. Does the child like his or her name when reaching puberty.

6. How many names are given to the child. Most people just have a first and a surname.

7. How the final name will sound when it is pronounced.

8. Is the name suited to the gender of the child. Some people give male names to girls !!

9. Was any prayer said at the time of naming of the child.

10. How closely does the name resemble that of one of God's chosen people.

There are a few other.

These considerations are said to detrmine the fortune, or misfortunes, in the life of the child.

Omrow

so...what went wrong at ur birth that u had to get stuck with a name like omro?

Please tell!!! Biggrin

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

I believe my name in arabic mean eternal... and Mez name means .. lilly (flower) i think.

Back in BLACK

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
so...what went wrong at ur birth that u had to get stuck with a name like omro?

Lol!!!!!!!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

i'm not saying the meaning of my name aherm i wish to keep my name a secret. But it's also the name of a sahabiya, not any of the wives of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) Wink

Did you know that we can keep certain pre Islamic names coz some of the sahabah for example had such names and our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) only changed their names if they had bad meanings, otherwise they remained the same.

Maybe you guys don't know this but bengalis often keep rhyming names for their kids. Don't ask me how this silly trend began. Twins or not most siblings in bengali houses have names that rhyme or use alliteration.

i.e shumi and rumi, burhan and ruhan, halimah and lilymah, you want me to carry on? Lol

My brothers names all end in "ul Islam". They have good meanings at the very least.

an example of one?

i wouldnt mind a new name Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Hanzalah (ra) my husband likes that name its a pre islamic name for a plant. He was a Sahabah too. I think he's the one who just got married consumated his marriage and joined our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) in battle. He died the same day of his marriage. The angels performed his ghusl remember?

There's also Talha and lots of others.

i like the name Jeremiah it's in the "stories of the prophets" book arabic form Armiyah. Best to double check if you can keep these names first though.

Recently i came across the name Benyamin, or Binyamin one of prophet Yusuf's (as) brothers. I like that name but at school i reckon the teachers would end up calling ya kid Ben :roll:

[color=indigo]im so lucky to have parents to give us such wonderful meaningful islamic names i personally luv my one, its not common for bengalis to have this surname most bengali girls end up wiv the surname "begum" nothing wrong wiv it but so common both my first name and surname put together is somethng so beautiful and my sisters and brothers have wonderful names too.

bengali rhyming names check this one out all sisters:

Ghulshanara, moxanara, shahanara and dilshananra and all are a year apart in school teachers used to get confused[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

lol pakis do that as well

some....Azar Usman comedy on the names is well funny

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Someone once told me about a father who named his first daughter Aisha and his second daughter Fa'iasha...but then he changed his second daughter's name after he was informed of the meaning.

This rhyming buisness is kinda lame.

true it is

apparently the name Saiqa...........has a bad meaning?

im sure its a common name as well :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I remember listenin to a lecture, where the talker mentioned a story, when Umar R.A.became a muslim the Prophet S.A.W. changed Umar R.A's daughters name becuz it meant Sinner...And i remember the name being a very common name today. I think it was Aasiyah altho i hope im mistaken cuz i kno 3 different Aasiyah's

Anyone hav any idea wat Aasiyah means?

Oh n MS wat duz F'aihsha mean?

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

it definitely aint aasiyah

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:

if its spelt seen-alif-hamza-qaaf-ha, i think that means the giver of drink (usually water). it is considered a very good deed to give others water, so it may not be such a bad name, but on the other hand Allah is the Provider of water... so i dunno. should ask a scholar.

"razor" wrote:
I remember listenin to a lecture, where the talker mentioned a story, when Umar R.A.became a muslim the Prophet S.A.W. changed Umar R.A's daughters name becuz it meant Sinner...And i remember the name being a very common name today. I think it was Aasiyah altho i hope im mistaken cuz i kno 3 different Aasiyah's

Anyone hav any idea wat Aasiyah means?

Oh n MS wat duz F'aihsha mean?

if it was spelt [i]'[/i]Aa[i]s[/i]iyah with an 'ayn at the beginning and [i]s[/i]aad in the middle, then u may be right, because it means disobedient/rebellious. the name of Pharoah's wife is spelt differently and so has a completely different meaning.

muslimsis how exactly was this name 'Fa'iasha' spelt in arabic?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

muslimsis how exactly was this name 'Fa'iasha' spelt in arabic?

I think its spelt Fahashi....like in the Qura'n we're told to keep away from "Fahashi".

(My spelling may be wrong).

It doesnt have a good meaning at all.

I have many names Al Hamdulillah.

[b]Of the legitimate ones:[/b]

My first name means beloved in welsh.

my second name means precious in punjabi.

my third name means diamand in punjabi.

my fourth name means Murtaza in Punjabi.

[u]My next Three names;[/u]

Muhammad
I can not do justice to this name.

Dawud
Similar problem as above.

Qadri
Makes people think I'm of The Qadriyyah sinsila. Which I sort of am!

[u]Some of the less legitimate ones:[/u]

Duud: Urdu for milk.

Father Dave: incident involving one politics teacher(who ironically is a ex-monk), a blue beard, one santa hat and some other guy.
Lol Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Fresh Prince" wrote:

if its spelt seen-alif-hamza-qaaf-ha, i think that means the giver of drink (usually water).

Giver of water, sounds like saki, Saki means giver of water also. [/quote]

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

I thought saqi was more mean as bartender? one who provides intoxication?

(and then poets get it tomean intoxication of love...)

or am I way off base?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

no admin, i think ur ryt

dust..........my cousin was called Saiqa [sai-ka] but every1 made her change her name to Fatima when they realised what her name meant.....i'll find out of mum 2mrw

Dawud..........your name is Dood-Wala - the milk man Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:

Dawud..........your name is Dood-Wala - the milk man Dirol

Lol Lol

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Salam

Saiqa is a brilliant name for a woman.

Her ideal match would naturally be a man called Saqiya.

Even better than Romeo and Juliet.

Saiqa and Saqiya.

Wouldn't they make perfect lovers.

She would constantly ask him for a drink.

And he would love to fill the cup for her.

I feel like writing a song on their mystical love.

Omrow

"Sirus" wrote:

dust..........my cousin was called Saiqa [sai-ka] but every1 made her change her name to Fatima when they realised what her name meant.....i'll find out of mum 2mrw

I know loads of Saika's...it's such a pretty name, whats the problem with it?

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Omrow

It would take a pure heart to appreciate that.

Insha Allah I'll get there one day.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Saiqa is a brilliant name for a woman.

Her ideal match would naturally be a man called Saqiya.

Even better than Romeo and Juliet.

Saiqa and Saqiya.

Wouldn't they make perfect lovers.

She would constantly ask him for a drink.

And he would love to fill the cup for her.

Omrow

Omrow, u my man r on a completely different planet, or u are on earth and are deprived human interaction

Salam

Whats in a name you may ask.

Do you not find in name a means of ending seperation.

One calls the name of the beloved as the gap grows.

Upon hearing the name the beloved is restless till the two hearts meet.

Omrow

"*DUST*" wrote:
my name means (female) lion cub.

No. It means a woman who lives in dirt. Your name is duty woman.

"*DUST*" wrote:
:roll:

lioness??

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
:roll:

lioness??

yea, a baby lioness, i wasnt sure which way to put it.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Pages