The Billingual Thread

85 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Omrow" wrote:

If you dont mind, can I ask you teach us what a "female dog" is in Bangla ?

And, while you are at it, you might as well tell us what a "cow" is.

I asked because you know how it is. Just in case.

Omrow

Why only the profanities?

(Tumi boyesh khutto biyaa Omrow) - how old are you brother Omrow?

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:

sumhow, that 'khutto' makes it sound like u callin omrow a dog!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

me? :shock:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

Professionals use profanities.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Exquisite" wrote:
in our school few years back they introduced a new rule
rule no 5 "no speaking in any other language apart from english,"
...some of the teachers clocked on the bengali swear words i fink
once someone called a teacher a dog in bengali and the teacher ended up swearing her back in bengali and called her a female dog

Excuse me Exquisite.

If you dont mind, can I ask you teach us what a "female dog" is in Bangla ?

And, while you are at it, you might as well tell us what a "cow" is.

I asked because you know how it is. Just in case.

Omrow

[color=indigo]sorry no can do bro, exquisite refrains herself from using such sheer and utter rubbish, dont wna become potty-mouthed [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

well-said Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
"(*_Khamzat" wrote:

sumhow, that 'khutto' makes it sound like u callin omrow a dog!

Dog - Kookoor/ Kutha- I see the comparison

Salam

"Exquisite" wrote:
exquisite refrains herself from using such sheer and utter rubbish, dont wna become potty-mouthed

Ofcourse you should. And thats why you are so exquisite.

All I want to know is that what are female dogs called in Bangladesh.

Or dont you have them in your country ?

If you only have males dogs, then what do they do ?

Omrow

[color=indigo]ok u wna no the name for a dog in bengali we call it kookoor n dats for both male n female dogs, n of course theres dog in bangladesh both male and female ones[/color]

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:

Dog - Kookoor/ Kutha-

[color=indigo]
as u can see from above u can use either, but i prefer to use the first coz its more polite, the other is used more commonly for swearing, n if u use the latter for a female just replace the ending of an "a" with an "i"[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

So if I want to be polite should I say Kookoori ?

[color=indigo]no ud still say kookoor[/color]

I see. Thank you exquisite. You have been a lot of help. I will be very polite. And gentle.

no probz Blum 3

"Omrow" wrote:
I see. Thank you exquisite. You have been a lot of help. I will be very polite. And gentle.

freaky guy :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

dad ordered all the Paki channels on Sky so that'd we'd watch the lamo drama's and learn Urdu

thats another plan of his has flopped-NO ONE puts on them boring channels

[color=indigo]lolz we got all the bangla channels, mum n dad watch at night my lil bro n sis hijack the cartoon channels in the day time[/color]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
dad ordered all the Paki channels on Sky so that'd we'd watch the lamo drama's and learn Urdu

at least, to some extent, they better than english channels - the acceptance of filth is a lot lower

altho i dont promote asian tv channels, it does have the Azaan and some religious programmes

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Is the filth really lower though or do we perceive it that way just coz it's Pakistani, Bengali, Indian. Or is it coz it's an asian channel that we like to kid ourselves that coz the filth is less perhaps it's more acceptable?

I think the latter.

I won't diss the Islamic programmes i'm sure they do some good work. But it's kind of ironic on these channels one minute there's a full music video with a woman half dressed prancing about singing luurve songs with her boyfriend. The next you have the call to prayer shortly followed by Islamic Q&A, irony of ironies?

As a result on one Bangla channel i recall the female presenter being dissed live on air. She never claimed to be an authority on Islamic issues. But the thing is she usually presents news, music, phone ins, anything really. She dresses in her traditional clothing. Nothing wrong with that is there? Nope not until she brings up the discussion of the hijab. Then some guy calls in saying where's your hijab why are you talking about it, when you don't wear one. Another dude commented that her chest was clearly visible where was her purdah

I felt so bad for her. It wasn't right for those men to make them comments but at the same time the producers should have chosen their presenters more carefully don't you think?

"yashmaki" wrote:
Is the filth really lower though or do we perceive it that way just coz it's Pakistani, Bengali, Indian. Or is it coz it's an asian channel that we like to kid ourselves that coz the filth is less perhaps it's more acceptable?

I think the latter.

I won't diss the Islamic programmes i'm sure they do some good work. But it's kind of ironic on these channels one minute there's a full music video with a woman half dressed prancing about singing luurve songs with her boyfriend. The next you have the call to prayer shortly followed by Islamic Q&A, irony of ironies?

the contradiction u mentioned avove ^^^ from dance n sing to islamic.........i totally agree with, which is why i made it clear i dont promote asian tv channels

but it is less filth than a typical sky or terrestrial channel....theres some things that asian shows jus wont show

and about the perception u mentioned above, ive noticed that alot amongst asian elders....think asian channels are ok, but i dont agree myself

nearly all channels should be avoided IMO...i was jus makin observation that western channels are more filthier and less moral

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

at least, to some extent, they better than english channels - the acceptance of filth is a lot lower

altho i dont promote asian tv channels, it does have the Azaan and some religious programmes

of course they're better-esp QTV or PRIME

whenever I flick its always either naats or islamic talks

QTV is dedicated Islamic Chanell, and altho i dont have it, i wish i did....from what i hear, im missing out

ARY pulling in the right direction, more religious stuff in the special months, and for their transmission today, they must be congratulated

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
ignore him....i think it was supposed to be a joke - a poor attempt

(and they wonder why theres a bengali/pakistani divide in oldham!) :roll:

Im so tempted to say somethin bout that but its not rite for this forum
but i fink bengalis and pakis get on wel, depends how their parents fink bout each oda's side,

I fink most B boys in oldham can b rude cuz dy wna b da ganstaz
man der jokaz neways i prefer all in ma own point ov view.

O stickin to the subject I lyk ma languages, cuz then i kno wat ma oda mates are talkin bout in der language so i learnt urdu, a bit ov arabic n erm Bengali iz ma languge but i dnt even get wat ma dad says to me, now dat confuses me big tym. jeez

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

"RuBz" wrote:
but i dnt even get wat ma dad says to me, now dat confuses me big tym. jeez

LOL

i'm sure tis no big loss :twisted:

i'm like that with gran-she tells me to get sumin from the kichen

i don't know what the hell she's on about

so I have to take numerous trips to the kicthen bringing everything out one by one until i finally get right what she wanted

Pages