Harry Potter rulez...

55 posts / 0 new
Last post

Just finished reading the damn book last night to my nephew.... im achn all over. He made me read it to him virtually non-stop since Saturday since i got it.... i regret getting him to read them now.

The new book, i have to admit was not as quick paced as the others. There wasn't an intricate plot this time round but as J.K said it focused heavily on providing answers to potter fans.

As for who dies; ... well im not gonna spoil it for you and i take no pleasure in being right but i will say this:

"Strike me down and i shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
i take no pleasure in being right

that gave it away!!! :evil: but

OH

MY

GOD!!!!

:shock:

Cray 2 Cray 2 Cray 2

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I found 'the half-blood prince' quite depressing.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"Islamic Brother" wrote:

tel me bout it! Cray 2 my previous post was literally my reaction wen i found out dumbledore ACTUALLY dies...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Islamic Brother" wrote:

tel me bout it! Cray 2 my previous post was literally my reaction wen i found out dumbledore ACTUALLY dies...

Hate to say i told you so... but i told you so.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Islamic Brother" wrote:

Hate to say i told you so... but i told you so.

:evil:

i guess i kinda knew at the back of my mind wen it came in the news about all those bets on dumbledore dying, but i just couldnt accept it. wot wos rowling thinking??!!!

:evil:

"Aasiyah" wrote:

i guess i kinda knew at the back of my mind wen it came in the news about all those bets on dumbledore dying, but i just couldnt accept it. wot wos rowling thinking??!!!

Well i dont pretend to be able to understand the way Rowling thinks, but from what i gather she was eliminating any1 who could shield Harry from facing his destiny and the last of them that could do that was Dumbledore.
I really liked the character Dumbledore (you gotta admit he had style), but i realised after hearing the prophecy that in the end it would come down to them two; Harry and Voldemort alone.
I knew Dumbledore would sacrifice himself for Harry if the time came... just didnt expect Snape's treachary.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
Well i dont pretend to be able to understand the way Rowling thinks, but from what i gather she was eliminating any1 who could shield Harry from facing his destiny and the last of them that could do that was Dumbledore.
I really liked the character Dumbledore (you gotta admit he had style), but i realised after hearing the prophecy that in the end it would come down to them two; Harry and Voldemort alone.

yeh, i agree with this theory of urs, but i think in the process, rowling left too many holes. it was a little too unrealistic...

"Seraph" wrote:
I knew Dumbledore would sacrifice himself for Harry if the time came... just didnt expect Snape's treachary.

oh i suspected his treachery all along, Chapter 2 just confirmed it for me.
i cant help but think that dumbledore (or rowling?) was a bit stupid about two things: firstly, his undying trust in snape :roll: and secondly, y in hell did he have to paralyse harry for?? he (harry) was hidden, he cud easily have taken on malfoy, esp. without the latter being able to see him!! gosh, that was so annoying.

to those of u who are still scared that you'll actually enjoy HP if u pick it up :P, take the above as a sign of a well-written book - it makes u empathise with the characters within. Wink

just finished reading da book to my sister…

lucky i never read this topic cos seraph and aasiyah gave away da dead character… :evil:

nice one peeps…i woulda done da same as dat dumb yank and took a long walk off a short plank as well…

givin away such secrets is absolutely scandalous…u 2 should be banned from reading da last book as punishment… :twisted:

snape is still on the right side…he undercover… Wink

he had to kill dumbledore, cos he made da unbreakable vow to dracos mum…

bet u 1 million galleons dat he helps harry kill da dark lord…

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

since when was d u mb considered a banned word!?

dat line rhymed as well...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:
since when was d u mb considered a banned word!?

dat line rhymed as well...

lol since the great Admin decided it was unsuitable! Lol

You Shall Respect Maa Authority!

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
You Shall Respect Maa Authority!

:twisted:

yeh we really shall! if you actin all crazy and bannin words like d umb then we really shall have to :roll:

"St George" wrote:

lucky i never read this topic cos seraph and aasiyah gave away da dead character… :evil:

WOH THER!

I didnt giv anythig away. I refrained from openly doing that.

It was Aasiyah who blatently spoiled it. :evil:

Back in BLACK

so wot u guys make of book 7?????

hmm this thread is 3 years old.

The last book: The Deathly Hallows answered ALOT of the readers questions. And Aasiyah's questions above ^^.

Really enjoyed it... but can now safely put it away and never touch it again.

Back in BLACK

I was sad when Dobby died.
By the way, what's the prequel called?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

love to live but living to die wrote:
the only thing i found "disturbing" was that Dumbledore was gay!... but it did made alot of things very very clear and answered some the "But why..." questions...

Yeah i was a little dismayed to find out Dumbledore was gay... but he was celibate so you gotta give the guy props for that.

Im not sure what you mean by making things clearer... what are you refering to? Do you mean his relationship with Grindlewald?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

Im not sure what you mean by making things clearer... what are you refering to? Do you mean his relationship with Grindlewald?

yep... n why he did what he did... n why he cudn't do it earlier...

n plus the fact that he never felt he was alone... or lonely ... but instead he had men to train ... such as Harry ... n if u notice he never hated Voldermot because he reminded him of some1 he adored!

No, I dont think that was why he avoided confronting him sooner. There was still the matter of Ariana death and who was exactly responsible. And should they meet he feared finding out it was infact his own curse that killed her. Which according to JK was his biggest fear. SO he avoided him for so long because he feared finding out he was his sisters killer.

I think you're wrong about Albus adoring Tom Riddle. He certainly didnt hate him... pitied him perhaps. Altho Albus was reluctant to face Grindelwald for fear of knowing the truth but he never backed down from facing Tom.Albus watched over him like a hawk whilst he was at Hogwarts. He continued to watch over him when he left as he knew what Tom had been doing. Albus even formed the Order of the Pheonix to fight Tom and his Death Eaters right from the beginning.
So no... id disagree that Albus ever adored or considered him the same as Grindelwald.

What makes you think he never felt alone? After Grindelwald, Albus led a completely celibate life. I dont think he was attracted to other men around him.

Back in BLACK

The worst book I read was the dictionary. SPOILER ALERT: It turns out the zebra did it.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i'm not gna say any more on this topic.... (said too much already!) i like to keep somethings personal such as my imagination and logic Fool

lol, yeah.... i have that affect on people.

Back in BLACK

I quite liked Half-Blood Prince too... except the ending... but i suppose it couldnt be helped.

Ive never really liked the films. They never seem to do the books justice. Altho the first 2/3 seemed alrite.

Back in BLACK

i couldnt believe he married ginny! it was so upsetting when fred and dumbledore died, i expect all you guys were crying your eyes out...

Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
i couldnt believe he married ginny! it was so upsetting when fred and dumbledore died, i expect all you guys were crying your eyes out...

err no... maybe you did. But i didnt. Fred, Lupin and Tonks death was unexpected but thats all. And i sorta saw Dumbledores death coming.

hmmm true... the books are much better compared to the films... in films they have a time limit so that spoils it all... but the second last book RULES! whats wrong with the ending?

Well Dumbledore dies doesnt he. And shock horror by Severus. I couldnt believe it at first. But after re-reading it I realised it all sounded like a setup. The whole thing of how Dumbledore dies was too suspicious. Which obviously means there was more to his death than we were originally being told. Which was then confirmed by the last book.

Tru, the time limit does spoil the movies... but i also hate how the actor who plays Dumbledore portrays him. He doesnt seem to be too sure of himself... which contradicts the character from the Book.

Back in BLACK

Pages