Muslim activists burn Valentine's Day cards

101 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
whatever day they choose to do it

be it 14th Feb or any other day in the year

Well it would rather be wise to leave out the 14th Feb as this day is in fact we all know associated with christians and jews... and their eid.

and just like the jews fast on ashurah ,,,our prophet mohammed sallalahu alahi wasallam wanted to distinguish the muslims fast of ashurah from the jews so therfor he advised muslims to add another fast to the fast of ashura.

So to differentiate its best to leave it out.

Dukhtaran e Millat are a virtuous group. They should be assisted financially, morally and physically.

In the 1990's they led a campaign to increase veiling in the valley; and were succesful to a certain extent.

"Adil" wrote:
Dukhtaran e Millat are a virtuous group. They should be assisted financially, morally and physically.

In the 1990's they led a campaign to increase veiling in the valley; and were succesful to a certain extent.

mashALLAH thats good.......

only never heard of them before

Whats so virtuous about vandalising and ruining the buisness of other Muslims?

[url= e Millat[/url]

It should be noted that this link is not entirely reliable but it puts across two main points; these are believing muslim women who are strong on veiling and that they support the mujahideen contrary to indian propoganda.

This group promote virtue and prevent vice. They are against gambling stations, alcohol stands, lewd literature and are for a return to true islamic values. That seems good to me.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Whats so virtuous about vandalising and ruining the buisness of other Muslims?

You shouldnt just concentrate on the negative points....

They could be classed as virtuous as they successfully got alot of ladies to do the veil like Adil mentioned.

This thread is discussing vandalising other Muslim’s businesses.

If they have managed to get a lot of ladies to veil then may Allah (swt) reward them.

However, if they did vandalise, then there is no "virtue" in such a act.

I'm not sure what to make of this group...its the first time I've heard of it. :?

Never one to shy away from controversy, Andrabi has expressed support for Osama bin-Laden, the Taliban, attacks on women not wearing Islamic dress, and generally anything she deems to be un-Islamic. In 1993, Andrabi was jailed for a year with her son for “anti-national activities.”

In September 2005, Andrabi was arrested again and sentenced to two years in jail for allegedly beating a woman who was sitting with a man in a restaurant (the man was the victim’s husband.) Andrabi’s detention has caused widespread outrage and protest in Kashmir, and it remains to be seen whether she will serve her full term.

She needs to realise the diference between civic duties and personal duties...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"naj" wrote:

They could be classed as virtuous as they successfully got alot of ladies to do the veil like Adil mentioned.

its a bit hard to overlook destorying ppl's buisness and beating up women for no reason

even if they do manage to get women to cover :roll:

Ahh the things people do when they are completely convinced of their virtuousness.

I think that's why people beat up on gays so much. Obviously if you are straight you aren't gay, and gay people are quite ostentatious - so to make up for our ten thousand other indiscretions in a day we point out the freak in the group and throw fruit at them.

Back to topic:

I never really liked Valentines Day - anybody here like it? It seems incredibly tacky and just a bit too overdone.

Same with its illegitimate half brother "sweetest day"

"Augustus" wrote:

Same with its illegitimate half brother "sweetest day"

prob just an amercican thing

we have no "sweety" day here :roll:

Salam

Today is Saint Valentine's Day of the year 1427 LMC.

Let me say that I love you all.

You are a wonderful bunch.

May God show you many Valentine's Days.

And may He grant you love and happiness.

Omrow

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

its a bit hard to overlook destorying ppl's buisness and beating up women for no reason

even if they do manage to get women to cover :roll:

Yes. What im trying to say here is you cant Just go classing the 'BAD'....

cos of the 'some', wrong they may have done, they are doing 'some' good for islam..

I dont know the group....so therfor wont bother judging them upon some media articles.

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Today is Saint Valentine's Day of the year 1427 LMC.

Let me say that I love you all.

You are a wonderful bunch.

May God show you many Valentine's Days.

And may He grant you love and happiness.

Omrow

:roll:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Thank you Omrow. Happy Valentine's.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"naj" wrote:

beating up women and destroying buisness's is pretty BAD to me

but feel free to think its a GOOD thing :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

beating up women and destroying buisness's is pretty BAD to me

but feel free to think its a GOOD thing :roll:

Ok too you your thinking....

and LilSis i did not say what they did was a good thing, i refer you too my other posts.

They have done some good for deen so therefor arent classed all 'BAD' by me.

Do try understanding posts pls

I don't care if they burn valentines cards, or any greeting cards as long as they pay for them first. Did the ladies pay for them? Crime is a sin, and no matter how good their intentions may have been they didn't display the virtue of their characters by storming into a property, taking things without paying for them. Anybody else would get a criminal record for theft, and harrassment of staff and customers, why should these women be treated any differently.

I don't agree with the concept of valentines days simply because of it's origins, but i wouldn't encourage others to go around burning all the cards in clintons or whsmith :roll: Pakistan isn't an islamic state, they can sell whatever cards they choose. I;m sure there's a lot of other filth on the market, that spoils youth over there. Rather than burning cards the women should concentrate on getting parents to give their kids the correct islamic teachings, so they don't feel the need to give the opp gender valentine cards in the first place, don't you think?

Everything is in a context.

DeM are active in the occupied valley not pakistan.

"yashmaki" wrote:
I don't care if they burn valentines cards, or any greeting cards as long as they pay for them first. Did the ladies pay for them? Crime is a sin, and no matter how good their intentions may have been they didn't display the virtue of their characters by storming into a property, taking things without paying for them. Anybody else would get a criminal record for theft, and harrassment of staff and customers, why should these women be treated any differently.

I don't agree with the concept of valentines days simply because of it's origins, but i wouldn't encourage others to go around burning all the cards in clintons or whsmith :roll: Pakistan isn't an islamic state, they can sell whatever cards they choose. I;m sure there's a lot of other filth on the market, that spoils youth over there. Rather than burning cards the women should concentrate on getting parents to give their kids the correct islamic teachings, so they don't feel the need to give the opp gender valentine cards in the first place, don't you think?

Very good post sis

It true muslim do seem to have become reactionary people. Trying to send these statement out, does more damage then good. How could you act like you serving or doing something for Allah swt and in the process break and show a disregard for the law and his commands.

Yes muslims shouldn't really be taking part in Valentine Day, but it is better tackling the reason why they do, now if the parent are sitting down in the evening to watch a bollywood love film with their children, can we really be surprise it happening.

Anyway i better stop repeating everything the sister has mention :oops:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

wow.....im surprised at how many muslims actually celebrate valentines :shock:

U should see the call-in programmes on the asian channels :shock:

i had not come across valentines specials before.

So not impressed.

my mum mates was showing us some flowers n stuff she brought for her husband for V day

she said that everything she has-house, clothes, food on table etc is cos of her hubby which he works every day to provide for

so women shudnt get up tight if a man dont spend on her on V day-cos every day husbands work just to provide for their wife n kids

i thought she made a valid point

True they should give each other valintine gift to each other!!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Salam

Yesterday my cousins said they were coming around.

On arrival, I gave one of them a box of milk chocolates.

I knew she loves them. It was Valentine's Day. So she thought it was something to do with that.

We all talked about the usual gossip and then discussed cartoons.

She was busy munching away on the sweets.

Later on I revealed to my brother that the box was intended to keep her mouth shut during the discussions.

Do you think that was cruel ?

Omrow

It was genuinely cruel to say that about her to your brother. It was nice of you to occupy her with such a sweet gift, and you shouldn't believe what you told yourself about her. You can take these, I've upgraded (again :roll: ):

[img]

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"Omrow" wrote:

No of course not, that was Very nice der

"Omrow" wrote:

yes.

You played with her emotions.

You gave her chocs on valentines day. You led her on. Then you later laughed at her with your brother.

That was very heartless of you.

One day a woman will lead you on and then stamp on your heart.

And you will deserve it.

ouch lilsis would be good at thinking up revenge tactics Dirol

Pages