Are you racist?

41 posts / 0 new
Last post

let me put this in capitals as you people are just not getting it, FOR THE THIRD TIME

I AM IN FAVOUR OF MIXED ETHNIC RACE MARRIAGES AS ISLAM IS TRULY A UNIVERSAL RELIGION

many of you disagree with the theory of having innate feelings of being with your own kind, thats your opinion i do not entirely agree with it, but how the hell does wanting to be with your own race make you racist , or how does it justify racism, PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I personally think this theory has alot of creditability, ill use myself as an example
I am a kashmiri muslim born in birmingham
85% of my freinds are muslims, 75% of those are kashmiris, i live in a predominately kashmiri area, Birmingham has one of the largest population of kashmiri muslims in britain , as a result i feel safe, secure, have all the sevices admin states. I have no racist feelings to other races,colours and have never descriminated anyone, but i am proud to be muslim and kashmiri. Know look at yourselfs how much of your freinds are from the same background to you?, what is the majority race/religion of your area? would you like to live in a non-muslim area e.g. merseyside ?

Sis answer - how does sticking to your own kind justify racism
im intrigued

It can cause racism when you exclude oher races based on their ethnicity.

And the less contact you have with other races, the more likely it is for you to have prejudices.

(RAF not saying you have/are... just answering in general)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

And the less contact you have with other races, the more likely it is for you to have prejudices.

you can prefer to stay with your own kind and not exclude other races, why will staying with your own kind exclude other races, in small heath for example they are predominatly pakistani area but recently somalis have been moving in , they have not been excluded from anything, they have opened business, share our business, mosques and have integrated into the community

why is it more likely you would have prejudices agaisnt other races just because you have had no contact with them, i have never met a zambian or indonesian but i certainly do not have any prejudices towards them

When our parents came to this country for work, they didn't necessarily choose where they lived. Let's be honest here we all know the real deal, asians were all placed in the same deprived areas. With poor dilapidated housing not even fit for a vagabond. Our parents still took the work and housing, coz they thght the grass was greener on the other side, so they put up with it. The same thing happened with black ppl, and Jewish folks, and the few Arabs who settled here.

Over the years more and more asians have come and settled in these same areas as admin said coz of islamic resources, cultural resources and nothing more. Most the nice areas in any town are very far away from Islamic facilities or asian groceries, and even muslim ppl. So there's little point in living in these nice areas. How will your kids and menfolk go to the masjid regular if it's miles away. Ppl are lazy enough when the masjid is just a short walk away, forget a long drive.

The same can be said of the other ethnic ppl mentioned you go where resources are easily accessible.

Flower the thing you said about that lady, she deffo sounds racist. My friend wanted to marry a Jamaican convert to Islam. Her parents went balistic, in particular the mother. Coz he was black. Had he been asian she would have swallowed it better, although wouldn't have approved either. Her mother showed no mercy. In the end her siblings decided to swallow their pride and turn up at her wedding. Guess they realised how stupid they were being by not supporting her. Since the nikah her mother has changed her tune, treats the brother just like any other member in the family. But maybe that's coz she has a grandson now, can't afford to lose him.

"Admin" wrote:

i agree

ignorance does lead to prejudices which can lead to racism

and regarding-islamic facilities

I've moved three tmes in my life

I was born in b'ham-moved to an english dominated area in London and then moved to a predominatly asain area in London

and each time it was because dad got a better job and wanted to be closer to work

it had nothing to do with facilities-we got along jut fine in the english area's too

if u have a car-ur sorted

A car doesn't work for everyone. How many men would drive down to the masjid five times a day, or take their kids daily to the masjid not many. most would slack miss days out.

It worked for your family, but not so great for others.

Also i wouldn't feel welcome or safe in an area where i was the only girl walking about in niqab, around here it would be like asking to get a serious beating. I;m the one who has to go out regular for asian groceries. A 20 min bus drive every time, and dragging bags up can't see that happening. Wouldn't work for our family. Plus i can't leave my mother in law alone for so long.

exactly-everyone is diff

some have an "innate" desire to stick to their own

others dont

some can be more then happy/safe in an area that is not predominatly their ethnicity

others cant

perhaps you're right. If i wasn't wearing niqab don't think it would bother me living in an area where there were hardly no muslims.

generally speaking yash

some asian's are choosing to live in non asian/black area's these days cos crime/failing schools etc is more common in predomantly asian/black areas

tis a shame Cray 2

yeah i know, well if i was in brum i wouldn't wana live in the asian areas either. You'd think about the well being of your kids. My sis used to send her kids to the local school but the education there was very poor, and friends weren't the type my sister wanted influencing her kids. So she now drives them out to a school in a predominately white area. Kids grades have gone up, so have their manners ironic huh

Pages