Blasphemous cartoons

That is pretty dispicable.

And as defence they say they they are trying to see wether the society ihas been infiltrated by fundamentalists!

Idiots!

I have added an item to the newsblog
about this:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

BBC News[/url]"][size=18]Libya to shut embassy in Denmark[/size]

Libya has said it is closing its embassy in Denmark in protest against a series of caricatures depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a Danish newspaper.

Tripoli said Denmark had failed to act against the Jyllands-Posten's cartoons, which showed Muhammad as a terrorist.

The Danish government has refused to get involved in the issue despite growing anger in the Muslim world.

The newspaper said it did not mean to insult Islam. Islam bans any depiction of Muhammad or Allah.

[b]'Economic measures'[/b]

"Because the Danish media had continued to show disrespect to the Prophet Muhammad and because the Danish authorities failed to take any action on that, Libya decided to close its embassy in Copenhagen," the Libyan foreign ministry said in a statement.

Libya also said it would be taking "economic measures" against Denmark, but did not say what they would be.

Ambassadors from several Muslim countries have complained to Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen, threatening to boycott Danish goods.

Last week, Saudi Arabia recalled its ambassador from Denmark.

Copenhagen has expressed regret for the furore over the 12 cartoons, but refused to get involved, citing freedom of expression.

"The government can in no way influence the media," Mr Rasmussen said on Sunday.

"And the Danish government and the Danish nation as such cannot be held responsible for what is published in independent media," he added.

Mr Rasmussen was speaking at a joint news conference with visiting Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who said the newspaper's drawings were a mistake.

However, Mr Karzai added: "Prime Minister Rasmussen explained Denmark's position on that (the drawings), which was very satisfactory to me as a Muslim."

The Jyllands-Posten had said earlier it published the drawings to test the boundaries of expression about Islam.

Its editorial on Sunday said it did not mean to insult Islam.

"We at Jyllands-Posten feel regret because the issue has reached this level and we reiterate that we did not mean to insult anybody," it said.

"We believe, like the rest of Danish society, in the respect of freedom of religion."

[url= News[/url]

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

wow. 'islamic' governments are actually doing something about this. i'm shocked. :shock:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
wow. 'islamic' governments are actually doing something about this. i'm shocked. :shock:

It was mostly the people.

Danish dairy company Arla foods has been hit pretty bad because the general Arab population boycotted their products.

Salam

I can't see what the fuss is about.

Its only cartoons printed by a bunch of jokers.

Omrow

"Admin" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Danish dairy company Arla foods has been hit pretty bad because the general Arab population boycotted their products.

yea. thats another shocker - Muslims actually managed to get together and have an impact on summat!

and i thought its a government thing as well since the article u posted above is talking about ambassadors leaving/embassies closing...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

I can't see what the fuss is about.

Its only a cartoons printed by a bunch of jokers.

Omrow

Who insulted the Prophet (saw), and branded him as a terrorist.

It is deeply disrespectful.

And these same people would probably kick up a fuss if homosexuality was criticised... But do not bat an eyelid when they are insulting the Prophet (saw).

"*DUST*" wrote:

yea. thats another shocker - Muslims actually managed to get together and have an impact on summat!

and i thought its a government thing as well since the article u posted above is talking about ambassadors leaving/embassies closing...[/quote]

Governments are starting to act now... This issue has been ongoing for a few months. Since September I think.

But Denmark is certainly starting to feel the pinch.

Salam

We are big enough.

We shouldn't make a big fuss over small things like silly cartoons.

Omrow

You are quick to brand muslims when you think they do not respect the Prophet enough, but when someone really insults the Prophet (saw), you go all soft?

I do not know how to respond to you. words have left my mind.

Well this phenomenon with ridiculing religion isn't new. Just look at how British tv mocks Christianity in particular Jesus (as), and nuns. Many muslims sit back and laugh at these comedy sketches forgetting who Jesus (as) is. Apparently this kind of comedy was permitted after there was a separation between church and state.

Journalists argue they were just exercising their right to "express" themselves. But surely even freedom of expression has it's limits within so called civilised societies. Just as we are expected to respect the beliefs of anarchists, atheists, and homosexuals, those who follow a religion should also be afforded those same rights. How can we in the west claim to be the most civilised of nations on the planet when we behave with such undue concern for other ppl's sacred beliefs.

Also what kind of morality does the president of this country represent, when he fails to see the wrongs these journalists have done. With his refusal to apologise or punish those responsible he has effectively sanctioned their actions as morally sound, and shown that he doesn't care or respect the muslim population living under him.

Furthermore the fact that the Dutch ppl see no problem with these sketches just highlights how they're largely, although not entirely a nation who love to consume trash. Trash will always be available for such lowly ppl, and you know they do say you are what you eat.

Isn't our responsiblity to defend our faith, and especially our prophets (as) if we claim to love them. Surely we will be asked why we failed to defend them? If we can't defend them with our actions, or our words the very least we can do is defend them in our hearts. Ppl used to go out in arms if the honour of a woman was even verbally attacked, in the early days of Islam and pre-Islam. But today we can't even see the importance of attacking those who ridicule our Prophet (Saw) with mere words?

"yashmaki" wrote:
Just look at how British tv mocks Christianity [u]in particular Jesus (as), and nuns.[/u] Many muslims sit back and laugh at these comedy sketches [u]forgetting who Jesus (as) is[/u].

Astaghfirullah it is true.

Astaghfirullah I once saw such a evidence of it, it was not mocking personal integrity, nor was it a muslim belief on The Prophet 'Isa AS but I still should have acted better. Cray 2 Cray 2 Cray 2

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Omrow, you really are a clown. Only cartoons? They can draw cartoons of whatever they want but they have no right to insult the Holy Prophet (saw). I don't know how you can sit there and not be angry. Only cartoons huh? If we don't react, what will they do next? Times like these when we find out who are the real Muslims ie those that actually give a damn.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

I wonder if you do it on purpose......... or does it come naturally?

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Omrow I am shocked at your behaviour!!

Tut! Tut! :roll:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

u know what? i think we should ALL boycott denmark. not as in like a REAL bad way but (the reallllly BIG BUT) they DISSED MY PROPHET AND NOBODY GETS AWAY WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ...ok i am getting hyped...but that is rude! and the pic of the man with the bomb on his head looked like a sikh *cough*cough*. and u know what else? the editor (magazine with the prophet pics) thinks its fine... 'freedom of speech' he says...pah....

~Become who you were born to be~

you guys heard the news today, were my ears mistaken tell me if this is correct. Heard on Radio Five this morning, that France has just republished the cartoon caricatures of Muhammad (saw), wearing a turban and brandishing a bomb or gun? Doesn't this show utter contempt for the muslims that live there and across the world. A total lack of respect, and hatred for muslims? Aren't these being used to provoke reactions, violent ones from muslims, so that these governments can say see look told you all muslims are savages? That's the impression i'm getting.

This isn't about freedom of expression, the governments which are promoting it, and sheltering the journalists who have produced them have no sense of respect for other cultures and religions. They hate muslims and are making their feelings known. I could never imagine Blair backing up tabloids over here for the same behaviour. Yet France a country which boasts to have europes largest population of Muslims are promoting this filth. Their agenda is surely not freedom of expression. Freedom to incite hatred.

This is stupid. Granted, you can lodge your objections over such cartoons, boycott that paper, even take them to court. But to expect that the Danish government will have gotten involved, even when in fact most of these cartoons are not offensive, is ludicrous. I have seen numerous antisemitic cartoons, giving slight offense (which can be worse, harder to explain) in European papers and rudely, indefensibly antisemitic cartoons that appear daily in some Arab papers. To claim this is grounds for boycotting the Danes is taking victim- or protected status to unprecedented levels. It is petty, point-scoring vindictiveness. It looks like that, and that is what I think it is. This is a world of free expression and a genuinely cooperative, tolerant society can live with that, your prohibition on making or having images of Mohammed is yours, not anybody else's.

I assert nobody here has really lost a wink over this. So the reaction is false and stupid. More than that, it is jingoism. I hate Muslim jingoism. I hate it.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

[b]BBC:[/b]

Should 'anti-Islam' cartoons have been published?

Should the European press have published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad?

Cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist have been condemned by Arab Leaders.

The caricatures caused an outcry when they were published in the Danish press, but French newspaper France Soir has reproduced them under the headline "Yes, we have the right to caricature God."

Islamic tradition bans depictions of the Prophet Muhammad or Allah.

What is your reaction to the row? How do you see the boundaries of freedom of expression versus religious offence?

[url= other peoples views here and post yours there aswell:[/b][/url]

salaam

is all this a repeat of sanatic verses?

rather than making a huge international fuss, would it not have been better to quickly and quietly do the lobbying and make the official complaints, take legal actions etc ...now like salaman rushdie the people responsible for the cartoons are getting supporters and sympathisers...

or was it important to make a massive international fuss?

Thats what I said. Why make so much fuss on cartoons.

Poking fun at the religious is a tradition in the West and is not directed solely against Muslims. There have been protests from Christians, Sikhs and Hindus in recent months over similar incidents.

The revival editor is right, an angry response will actually make things worse by further reinforcing the negative images that Muslims have in Europe. That is what the cartoons were intended to do, to provoke such a reaction.

Far better not to rise to the bait. There are far worse slurs all over the internet, just a google search away.

In any case the editor of the French publication mentioned was unceremoniously fired yesterday

100 you may not find them offensive but many muslims do. what's offensive to one person may not be to another. You may think it's petty or trivial to get upset over it i doubt most muslims do.

Ppl thght satanic verses was nothing to get hysterical over, well i can understand why ppl want that man dead. If someone had written a book ridiculing every aspect of the bible or torah and made it into some fictional book which they supposedly concocted out of their imagination you too would be offended to put it lightly. Now this low life gets protection from the government, like he's royalty. They are actually protecting his right to preach hatred of the islamic faith. Where's our right to have our religion and traditions respected. Seems as if anything from another culture or religion is fair game as long as we don't attack secular culture and values, coz apparently it's the most superior :roll:

"yashmaki" wrote:
100 you may not find them offensive but many muslims do.

My comment that they were mostly inoffensive was based on the final book illustrations I saw. I had not seen the charicatures and didn't realise. Having said which I will stand by the insistence that it is literally impossible to be offended by this.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Ppl thght satanic verses was nothing to get hysterical over, well i can understand why ppl want that man dead.

That is something very alien to me.

"yashmaki" wrote:
If someone had written a book ridiculing every aspect of the bible or torah and made it into some fictional book which they supposedly concocted out of their imagination you too would be offended to put it lightly.

Rubbish. In fact there are many such books and I don't care, or at least taking offense is just about the lowest response I can think of.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Now this low life...

You're talking about this artist, right? Guy that never hurt anyone right? Fellow man, yes?

"yashmaki" wrote:
...gets protection from the government, like he's royalty.

Royalty? If someone had a public death threat on me I could expect protection if I was a homeless smackhead. That is a LOW, NASTY argument you make.

"vigilanteshmaki" wrote:
They are actually protecting his right to preach hatred of the islamic faith.

They are protecting his life. Your reinterpretation of that is astounding and disgusting, implying you would facilitate his murder. But if he likes he can object to your faith. Your entire faith is based on rejection of mine and I don't go putting fatwas or whatever on you.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Where's our right to have our religion and traditions respected.

Get this: You don't have that right on expectation of fatwas and national boycott. You do have the right to hold a man or institution accountable through legal means, but for the mock-hysterical Muslims reacting to this it isn't enough. Well, they ain't victims, they are death-threat-dudes and I have only contempt, for them, and for those who support them. There is nothing wrong with making a plain objection to the paper or boycotting the paper, since they are accountable for what they publish. In a free country that's where it ends. Where's your perspective?

"yashmaki" wrote:
Seems as if anything from another culture or religion is fair game as long as we don't attack secular culture and values, coz apparently it's the most superior :roll:

I didn't have to quote this bit but it seems apt, you might as well have started with this line and built an argument from it, you poor victim, you.

Objectively, nothing wrong with making objections to the paper. I can see the concern, but you've distorted everything based on the prohibition of drawings let alone mockery. And that is what the paper is challenging. I will be neutral on that point, but not on the vigilante response.

Latifah, Ed and Omrow are all making sense.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

from the other thread:

KINGSTER:
[b]apparenty theres a txt vote on bbc 5 live whether to publish photos of the prophet s.a.w.[/b]

can any one shed any light on this matter!!

SAADIA KHAN:
The debate is on 5 live about whether danish cartoons about Prophet (SAAW) should be printed in the UK. pls txt NO to 85058 and show ur support.

Wasalaam

apparently the polls went crazy ppl were texting early into the morning, more than staff expected at five live. they didn't realise they had so many listeners :shock:

Debate continuing today on radio five...

Some photos of the demonstration etc on Yahoo News Photos.

[color=red]WARNING: A few of the photos show the cartoons from a distance. [/color]

[url= Offended by Danish Cartoons[/url]

I doubt the images of flag burnings and masked (gun)men do us any favours.

BTW, it's interesting that it's taken until now for the controversy to get into full swing. The cartoons were originally published in, I think, October.

Pages