Blasphemous cartoons

310 posts / 0 new
Last post

Personally I agree with Ed… we reacted to this with emotion rather then with our heads… Islam is about peace and so we try and tell those who doubt otherwise… but we ourselves today have just undone what our beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself tolerated to show us a better way of life… instead of showing forgiveness and following the Sunnah (as Ed said) we rose to the bait and showed ourselves in a violent and extremist fashion…

By doing this we have discredited ourselves as the ‘media’ have shown they are the ‘bigger’ person as they reacted to this with their heads and so in a clam, rational and ‘civilised’ way…

The cartoons don’t represent Danish opinion but a Danish newspaper and of which the opinions of the artist and editor (much like the decision to go to war was not a British opinion but that of certain individuals…) so the burning of the Danish flag and so forth would have been as disrespectful to some as the cartoons are to us…

The argument that we as Muslims are trying to stop freedom of speech by not wanting these cartoons published, in my opinion, this is wrong… I don’t think this is a matter of freedom of speech, it’s the message behind the cartoons that spark hatred towards a certain group of people… anyone can express freedom of opinion but when this is disrespectful the result will be in no doubt a negative one…

From listening to the news and people around me and my own conclusions this is just my opinion on the matter… in no way do I think these cartoons are anything but wrong and hurtful… but this has just fuelled a negative light on Muslims… those against us have the means to now say how violent we are and it gives the extremist amongst us the means to react as the are doing…

The thing is neither the danish gov, nor the paper have apologised.

They issued a blairite statement which some call an apology. It is not.

And people are protesting now, because other avenues were exhausted.

The Danish PM made his position clear when refused to even meet the embassadors.

He could have met them, said he cannot control the press etc, and he would be free. But he made it political when he refused to meet people to put his view across.

And this is a country where 20% of the population voted for the far right last time around.

And noone can defend any of the other papers who printed this stuff, as they did it after they found it to cause offense.

And the cowards are hiding behind 'freedom of speech'. As in hardtalk the interviewer quoted some american court saying you have freedom of speech, but that does not entitle you to go into a theatre and shout fire! when there is none.

Muslims can take criticism. God knows we have tpo put up with it every day. but we should not allow the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) to be ridiculed.

What is worse? newspapers insulting a billion people, and hiding behind freedom of speech, or Al-Muhajiroun saying those people should die, and hiding behind freedom of speech? Both are wrong. Both are cowards. Both are dispicable. Both should be confronted.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

There was something that Asghar Bukhari alluded to on News24 today.

He said that in Gaza and the West Bank people are under the impression that even more offensive cartoons appeared in the Danish press that in fact did not. That's how he explained the masked gunmen taking over the EU building in protest at being labelled terrorists.

Salam

The newspaper in question has already published an apology.

Although I believe that no apology was due. The editors were only having a laugh.

Omrow

An apology was due. What they published was not an apology.

They did not apologise for publishing the offending images. They apologised for the offence caused. That is a diferent thing.

That is like saying 'I am not sorry for hitting you, but I am sorry you were hit.'

Its disingenius.

You cannot insult the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and not expect any retaliation.

And what do you say about the other papers who reprinted them after realising they were offensive? do you support their actions?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
[b]WHEN THE PROPHET WAS ATTACKED OR INSULTED DID HE:
GO ON A PROTEST MARCH
CURSE NON MUSLIMS
BURN THE FLAGS OF HIS ENEMY
TRY TO ATTCK THE EMBASSIES OF THE NON MUSLIMS
TRY TO KIDNAP OR HIJACK THE NON MUSLIMS AS REVENGE

NO!!!

HE EITHER FORGAVE THEM, MADE DUAA FOR THEM OR TRIED TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND.[/b]

only if we tried to follow and understand the sunnah of our beloved prophet (saw)...

wasalaam Cray 2

I agree that violence should not be threatened. But I disagree with you. We need to make it known we will not tolerate such behaviur.

first ban the hijab. yah why not? then insult the prophet (saw). yah why not? then portray muslims as subhuman. yah why not? then offer a final solution. at which point do you say enough is enough? which points do you counter, and which do you allow?

We should not burn flags, but at the same time we should protest. After all for the angry they have to channel their anger. Better in a protest which is seen than by a gun which is felt.

"Admin" wrote:
[b]WHEN THE PROPHET WAS ATTACKED OR INSULTED DID HE:
GO ON A PROTEST MARCH
CURSE NON MUSLIMS
BURN THE FLAGS OF HIS ENEMY
TRY TO ATTCK THE EMBASSIES OF THE NON MUSLIMS
TRY TO KIDNAP OR HIJACK THE NON MUSLIMS AS REVENGE

NO!!!

HE EITHER FORGAVE THEM, MADE DUAA FOR THEM OR TRIED TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND.[/b]

only if we tried to follow and understand the sunnah of our beloved prophet (saw)...

wasalaam Cray 2

I agree that violence should not be threatened. But I disagree with you. We need to make it known we will not tolerate such behaviur.

first ban the hijab. yah why not? then insult the prophet (saw). yah why not? then portray muslims as subhuman. yah why not? then offer a final solution. at which point do you say enough is enough? which points do you counter, and which do you allow?

We should not burn flags, but at the same time we should protest. After all for the angry they have to channel their anger. Better in a protest which is seen than by a gun which is felt.

of course defend urself, defend ur deen, defend ur prophet.....but
in a proper, organised and peaceful way...

asghar bukhari on bbc was excellent...thats how u defend urself...

you channel ur angry by lobbying, ringing, emailing the newspapers, ur mps, petitions...and even a peaceful protest march.....

boycotting danish goods, hijacking embassies, kidnapping, death threats, removing ambassadors, cursing the west is ridiculous, damaging, and typical of muslims today and that is why we get battered across the world.

sarah joseph of emel reacted brilliantly by writing in the guardian...
other muslims have reacted well by appearing on debates and encouraging and educating Muslims on taking the right actions.....

and omrow... u as always go too far. th eprophet was insulted, and defending him in a positive way in compulsory.... what u are saying is just smile and say its a laugh an ddefend the newspapers.... ur probably the only muslim on the planet who probably feels like that...

admin, irfan, dust............ ur going the almuhajiroun path.... the reactionary. emotional, angry, west hating muslims...
ah well...

you channel ur angry by lobbying, ringing, emailing the newspapers, ur mps, petitions...and even a peaceful protest march.....

That's what Danish Muslims did. And good on 'em for doing that.

But they were ignored.

It would do good for us to note the current gov in Denmark was elected on an anti-immigrant platform. 20% of Danes vote for the far-right. A far right party is in the coalition gov. Debate in the Danish press is often Islamophobic (nothing like what we have in the UK).

boycotting danish goods, hijacking embassies, kidnapping, death threats, removing ambassadors, cursing the west is ridiculous, damaging, and typical of muslims today and that is why we get battered across the world.

Hijacking embassies and death threats are out of order.

But the boycotting and removal of ambassadors was only after the Danish PM blanked Muslim ambassadors.

The removal of ambassadors by Saudi and Libya was in reaction to this snub rather the cartoons. The boycotts only started after it turned into an international diplomatic row and the cartoons got more press coverage.

The Danish gov and newspaper came close to aplogizing. But Muslim-hating European newspapers printed the cartoons because they didn't want the thing to die down. They wanted to use this as an excuse to make Europeans more scared of Muslims. (See my first post in the Griffin thread).

It's all been blown out of proportion. It's no longer about the catoons. Several different agendas are at play.

BTW Ed, telling us that we're choosing the al-Muhajiroon path is unfair.

[quote="TheRevivalEditor"]boycotting danish goods ... removing ambassadors.../quote]

In a capitalist society, the dollar is almighty.

And when an ambassador is snubbed there will be a political reaction.

I should not fid this funny... as it is really serious...

But:

BBC News[/url]"][size=18]Danish embassy torched in Syria[/size]

Syrians have set fire to the Danish embassy in Damascus to protest against the publication of newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, witnesses say.

The caricatures have sparked outrage in Muslim countries across the world, following their publication in a Danish newspaper in September.

The cartoons have since been published by several other European media.

Some of the cartoons depict Muhammad as a terrorist. Any images of the Prophet are banned under Islamic tradition.

Syrians have been staging sit-ins outside the Danish embassy almost daily.

The cartoons have sparked diplomatic sanctions, boycotts and death threats in some Arab nations, while some newsapers have defended publication of the images in the name of press freedom.

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has called for calm and urged Muslims to accept an apology from the Danish paper that first published the cartoons.

[url= News[/url]

I have an anarchistic streak in me.

admin, irfan, dust............ ur going the almuhajiroun path.... the reactionary. emotional, angry, west hating muslims...
ah well...

what?! :shock: Ed, how on Earth did u come to that conclusion?! point out ONE place where i have EVER shown support for that organisation... :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

You agreed with me and Admin. We hold life-time memberships to Al-Muhajiroon.

Salam

Muslims in Denmark are now being asked to choose between Denmark and Prophet Muhammad. They must show their loyalty.

What would I go for ?

Well, I do know that Princess of Denmark is a very pretty woman, but I would still go for Prophet Muhammad. Because he can take me to Paradise. She can only take me to bed.

Therefore, given a choice between 73 beautiful virgins on one hand, and just one Princess on the other, only a fool would abandon Eternity of Pleasure.

[url= New York Times[/url]

[url= Cartoons[/url]

Omrow

"*DUST*" wrote:
ah well...

what?! :shock: Ed, how on Earth did u come to that conclusion?! point out ONE place where i have EVER shown support for that organisation... :roll:

what im trying to say that it saddens me to read theat u , admin and irf agree with the way the protests have been carried out... like the militant, extremist al muhajiroun style....

muslims are seen as laughing stock by the international reaction to that cartoon...

we shud be critical of extremist reaction to the protests... not support them

ask urselfs have these protests helpe dor damaged image of islam and muslims....

neways my apologies if my comments were a bit strong...

"*DUST*" wrote:
ah well...

what im trying to say that [b]it saddens me to read theat u , admin and irf agree with the way the protests have been carried out... like the militant, extremist al muhajiroun style....[/b]

muslims are seen as laughing stock by the international reaction to that cartoon...

we shud be critical of extremist reaction to the protests... not support them

ask urselfs have these protests helpe dor damaged image of islam and muslims....

neways my apologies if my comments were a bit strong...

apology accepted, but i dont know which posts uv been reading Ed... :?

"Beast" wrote:
I doubt the images of flag burnings and masked (gun)men do us any favours.

"Beast" wrote:
It's a shame 'al-Muhajiroon' had to hijack the demo in London today.

"Beast" wrote:
The current protests are hardly a PR coup for Muslims. But it only got to this stage because other avenues of protest didn't seem to work (although this vandalism, hijacking, death threats etc won't work either).
[...]
These copy-cat newspapers are the ones who are the bad guys in this. And al-Muhajiroon (they really messed things up in London today).

"Admin" wrote:
What is worse? newspapers insulting a billion people, and hiding behind freedom of speech, or Al-Muhajiroun saying those people should die, and hiding behind freedom of speech? Both are wrong. Both are cowards. Both are dispicable. Both should be confronted.

oh, and the sarah joseph article u described as 'brilliant' was posted in this thread by irf... :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

where have we said the violence should be supported? I said we should protest. And we should.

We should not keep schtum. Its not an issue of freedom of speech but of being responsible, and wether there is a freedom to insult just for the sake of it.

I am not being reactionary. Even the bit we have on the website is toned down compared towhat you wanted me to put up!

I believe I have kept things in perspective.

(Thanks dust.)

There us a middle ground between all out warfare and pacifism.

Thanks Aasiyah. Smile

I think Ed is looking to vent his fury. But seeing as Med is no longer here he's picking on me and Admin. Sad

U CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND...

... UR TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT... COS U CANT UNDERSTAND..

insult... u dont know the meaning of it..

[b]EDIT: ----------- Modnster [/b]

Where there is a will there is a way..

NO EXCUSES THOSE CARTOONS WERE AND ARE AN ATTACK ON ISLAM.. SIMPLE

anyone thinking otherwise are wrong...

the reaction is totally justified.... and appreciated and necessary..

Where there is a will there is a way..

"LION" wrote:
NO EXCUSES THOSE CARTOONS WERE AND ARE AN ATTACK ON ISLAM.. SIMPLE

anyone thinking otherwise are wrong...

the reaction is totally justified.... and appreciated and necessary..

Mr. Lawyer,

Could you back up your points please?

Smile

salam....
i think that these cartoons are completly wrong and the people responsible should be punished for publishing such stupid cartoons.....
but they way the muslim world is going about this is completly wrong...we are jus giving the west more reason to hate us...
the 'protests' in london yesterday and today were disgraceful...signs of hate and violence towards the west is not the answer......we shud protest but peacefully.....we shud not dress like terrorists and start marching the streets of london.... or burn down buildings (damascus)....
i am deeply upset and angry about the published cartoons but also upset and angry by the way the muslim world is reacting to this... i mean i saw school children making flags and burning them today in Gaza...
this is not the way foward......there has got to be another peaceful answer......

I can see the way Lion is thinking, and also other viewpoints.

e.g. The case of ka'b ibn Ashraf who incited the Quraysh against The Muslimeen, and Satirised The Holy Prophet SAAW with open intention of doing so. i.e. declaring animosity if not WAR. Let us remember The Danish Paper said their intention was the opposite of animosity, and they weren't attacking Islam.

If this is not an attack on Islam, to the extent where non-Muslims are icited against Muslims or Life is made harder for Muslimeen or even if the paper declared war on Islam, then following The Prophet Tradition SAW we should kill them with kindness and love and compassion and daisies and make super cool Da'wah not Da'wah reloaded [size=9]TM[/size] featuring AK 47's and definately not flag burning.

For more information on how Muslims should act to insults against Our Beloved Prophet SAW please refer to the books of seerah (Martin Lings is a shorter but very sweet one) and remember guns don't kill ignorance..knowledge does!

Biggrin

Also good on The Danish for finaly apologising, even if it was because they had no choice, let us accept it gracefully, for Grace is ever inspiring and further more The Pious Sunnah of The Muslimeen and most importantly the heritage of [b][color=green][size=18]Rasoolullah SAW[/size][/color][/b].

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

How ironic.

In their zeal to defend the honour of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) some Muslims are choosing to blatantly ignore His teachings and message.

That in itself is disrespectful.

I think it gives a bad view of muslims.Its offencing the biggest ever person of the whole mankind to muslims but people think its a joke but its not and is being taken seriously which is good :evil:

ZShabbir

Pages