Charities

Quote:
[url= giving to charities that back jihad, says Muslim editor
By Colin Freeman[/url]
(Filed: 10/07/2005)

The editor of the world's leading Arab newspaper has launched a scathing attack on Muslims in Britain for turning a blind eye to terrorist fund-raising activities on their own doorstep.

Writing in the wake of Thursday's bombings, Tariq Al-Humayd, the editor-in-chief of London-based [url= Al Awsat (The Middle East)[/url], claimed that collections were frequently held in the capital's Arab areas for jihadi causes in the guise of charities.

In a strongly worded editorial, he said that those enjoying the freedom of life in Britain had a "responsibility" to scrutinise such collections carefully, and if necessary prevent them taking place.

"In London, we have seen, and are seeing, the money being collected in the streets, and the conventions under various titles, and everyone is inciting jihad in our Arab countries and cursing the land of unbelief in which they live," he wrote.

"When you express amazement [at this], they tell you that this is freedom. Has freedom no responsibility? No one answers."

Mr Al-Humayd added: "When you tell them, 'Stop being so tolerant of the incitement that comes from your own country, from your skies, and from your internet'. . . they turn away. And what happened? The terror struck London, indiscriminately. . . For the sake of freedom of all of us, stop the ones who are atacking our freedom."

Al-Sharq Al Awsat, founded 27 years ago, is regarded as the premiere pan-Arab daily, and is distributed in 19 Arab countries in addition to Europe and the United States.

Its columnists voice a variety of views within the spectrum of Arab opinion, and the newspaper is considered highly influential.

In similar sentiments, Amir Taheri, an Al-Sharq Al Awsat columnist, criticises Muslims who equivocate over terrorist attacks. Insinuations that they were provoked by Western actions such as the invasion of Iraq, he said, simply gave terrorists the impression that they had tacit support.

"Until we hear the voices of the Muslims condemning attacks of this kind with no words [of qualification] such as 'but' and 'if', the suicide bombers and the murderers will have an excuse to think that they enjoy the support of all Muslims.

"The real battle against the enemy of mankind will begin when the 'silent majority' in the Islamic world makes its voice heard against the murderers, and against those who brainwash them, believe them, and fund them."

Salam

That is very true. Thanks for posting that.

So many Muslims are so dumb that they would give money without thinking.

They ought to make sure that charity they are donating to is a legitimate charity and not a bomb making factory in Jenin !!

Its utter stupidity.

Government needs to act and outlaw these unknown charities.

Omrow

You're right Omrow.

But what i found is that there aren't that many legitimate charities that fund muslim countries.

Oxfam is a well established charity but their focus is own countries such as Africa.

Maybe the government should outlaw unknown charities but they must also enusre that there is well founded charities available to donate money to countries such as Iraq and Palestine.

Omrow,

You're welcome.

ch1,

I agree, and G8 just promised another $3 billion to the Palestinians. Every penny should be earmarked and put to supervised use.

"100" wrote:
I agree, and G8 just promised another $3 billion to the Palestinians. Every penny should be earmarked and put to supervised use.

Are the billions that America gives to Israel earmarked and put to supervised use?

There isn't the concern Israel funds terrorists.

"100" wrote:
There isn't the concern Israel funds terrorists.

No, it's doing terrorism of its own.

I appreciate your view. You can see why it doesn't apply in this instance. My broader support for most Israeli initiatives as against your view, may be another discussion.

Well all aid given to Israel should be marked as 'not for military use'.

However that will not happen as it will harm US 'industry'.

Every one has a different view on terrorism.

Most of us here do view Israeli actions as state terrorism.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

OK, Admin. Take a point but throw it back. Makes it fine.

"100" wrote:
OK, Admin. Take a point but throw it back. Makes it fine.

?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

My point was to do with knowing whether your money goes to aid or charity. Believe it or not I check where my charity goes. Arafat was discovered to have stashed fortunes that were intended to do something constructive for Palestinians. He also spent billions on a guerilla war as counter to the negotiating table. The Israeli army is bound to act against terrorists. It is not politically hostile, which the terrorists are. It's an equation you understand better than you let on, of not conceding to terrorism. Therefore if we want to see the IDF stop it's operations, make sure Palestinian aid is not funding terrorism. Talking about Israeli state terror just tells me your're raw about it, doesn't help. It's a quick way to 'win your point' against me, bringing in Israel, you're not the only one doing it, and it shouldn't be the purpose. My suggestion facilitates the spending of $3billion for the Palestinians to make sure this time they get every penny well spent. I can't see a counter-argument, which is good, just an unrelated gripe.

erm... by linking to palestine, it was you who brought up the conflict!

You cannot expect both sides not to be debated!

There should be checks and balances to both sides.

I do not agree that Israel is carrying out 'anti terrorist' operations. I could argue Hamas is carrying out 'anti state terror' operations.

Simply put as a balance do not supply financing for military endeavours to either side!

I cannot see why you are so against that, as it would be possible to actually use Intra Israel finance for these military aims.

However in such a method the transfer of arms from the US to Israel would (IMO) be severely limited.

You're making a strange point. I know I am happy to give to an ambulance service and not a weapons purchaser, whatever the context, so it is important that a charity for purchasing explosives mark it's boxes 'Explosives' not 'Relief and Education Fund'. Read the article I linked. In fact I don't have to tell you the difference. I related it to the G8 Palestinian thing because the PA has 'lost' billions in aid, and weapons have kept flowing to terrorist groups, Israel couldn't feel more alienated and the Palestinians don't have a state. I don't need them to have one. If Israel wants to wait until it feels just so secure, I can hardly blame them. Every time they talk about it someone's got an angle.

What's so strange about it?

If you need aid, you have better things to spend it on than weapons.

Also some 'Aid' is delivered in forms of machinery. i.e. 'These three rockets would have cost you $50 million dollars. we have given you $50 million in aid'.

This would stop.

Apologies I was expanding my point while you posted that so the post you replied to looks different now. I think I addressed your point in that.

Its true that we shouldnt just give money to random ppl - give it to a registered, well-known charity e.g. Islamic Relief, Muslim Hands, etc.
they can tell you exactly what theyr doing with ur money if u give it for a particular region.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salam

Lets just say that no money should ever go to Palestinians who would use it to blow up Jewish children.

They are also human beings for Christ sake !!!

They too have the right to live in peace and security.

If you have guts and you want to kill , then take on soldiers. Dont go hurting women and children. Thats just sick.

Dont target innocent civilians !! Thats cowardice.

Stupid Arabs !!

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Lets just say that no money should ever go to Palestinians who would use it to blow up Jewish children.

They are also human beings for Christ sake !!!

They too have the right to live in peace and security.

If you have guts and you want to kill , then take on soldiers. Dont go hurting women and children. Thats just sick.

Dont target innocent civilians !! Thats cowardice.

Stupid Arabs !!

Omrow

Omrow don't be a mouse. Do you really think anyone purposefully targets children?

There may be some who do, but in general I think neither side does.

Admin,

There are some that do, like targetting schoolbuses and discos. There was even that Palestinian lady a week or two ago, who had had burns when 'a gas cylinder in her home exploded' just like that, and was receiving regular top-class treatment in an Israeli hospital, to which she decided to bring a bunch of explosives along one day as well, that the gas cylinder had left intact. That one was caught. And there was the Palestinian mother who killed her own daughter in an attack on a supermarket, let alone children from 'the other side'. I think the point of terrorism is being that ruthless. Bit of a naive question.

Americas money are given to Israelis that kill loads of muslims everday including children.

Whole houses are flattened with no care to see if there is a child there or not.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"100" wrote:
Admin,

There are some that do, like targetting schoolbuses and discos.

Now why do you send kids to discos? schoolbuses? are these the same as 'civillian buses' taking soldiers (erm... I mean civillians) from their barracks to checkpoints?

I have not come across any incident where children were deliberately targetted by palestinian millitants. I am not saying there have not been any, but none that I have come across. I would expect such an incident to be covered widely in the media.

On the other hand loads of Palestinian children are missing an eye or a leg... I would hope they were not deliberately targetted.

Quote:
There was even that Palestinian lady a week or two ago, who had had burns when 'a gas cylinder in her home exploded' just like that, and was receiving regular top-class treatment in an Israeli hospital, to which she decided to bring a bunch of explosives along one day as well, that the gas cylinder had left intact. That one was caught. And there was the Palestinian mother who killed her own daughter in an attack on a supermarket, let alone children from 'the other side'. I think the point of terrorism is being that ruthless. Bit of a naive question.

I would hope she was taken into a psycho asylum.

[url=, I wouldn't know. There's a lot of ways a young Palestinian can lose an arm.[/url]

[url='s a schoolbus bombing.[/url] I don't make that stuff up.

[url= bombing.[/url] I guess 16-25 isn't kids, correction accepted. Well done again.

Does Israel have consription?

if so, what ages?

I will condemn the murder of any children. If the adults are there by choice, they are IMO participating in terrorism by denying Palestinians with a livable life.

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

That is very true. Thanks for posting that.

So many Muslims are so dumb that they would give money without thinking.

They ought to make sure that charity they are donating to is a legitimate charity and not a bomb making factory in Jenin !!

Its utter stupidity.

Government needs to act and outlaw these unknown charities.

Omrow

how does one know the background of charities for sure?

Perhaps the major ones as mentioned muslim hands etc are ok.

however i do feel that their is a certian amount hostility towards muslim charities as a whole and there are some who would like to see no money whatsoever go to muslims

spreading fear about muslim charities is one way to achieve this

almas,

No, it is because some of them give to terrorists.

"there are some who would like to see no money whatsoever go to muslims

spreading fear about muslim charities is one way to achieve this"

Who?

100 wake up and dont be so deliberately obtuse, at least i hope its deliberate cos it would be scary if you really are that obtuse.

What? I've asked you a question.

"almas" wrote:
100 wake up and dont be so deliberately obtuse, at least i hope its deliberate cos it would be scary if you really are that obtuse.

Do you even know what obtuse means?

100 & Omrow, do have a valid point.

There are a few non-legit charities that are used to support terrorists. They are usually the small ones people should stick to propper established charities.

There are those who would turn an innocent thing like a charity into they're own personal piggybank. Constant vigilance people.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"almas" wrote:

Do you even know what obtuse means?

100 & Omrow, do have a valid point.

There are a few non-legit charities that are used to support terrorists. They are usually the small ones people should stick to propper established charities.

There are those who would turn an innocent thing like a charity into they're own personal piggybank. Constant vigilance people.

Name and shame bro.

I do not know of any.

If you do, name and shame.

Every single has to have public accounts that can be audited without much notice, and regularly their finances are looked into.

Anyone can say there are some. But if you do not know any, you do not know if there are any. Just the fact that ingeneral every field has its bad apples.

We have discussed one false benefactor; Israel. Blum 3

Pages