Charities

91 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sales assistant is the job I've been looking for years. Some people seem to find jobs real quick, I've got a mate who's at uni and he's got two part-time jobs.

I've applied online to handing my CV out to shops and I now just can't be bothered. Guess I'll just rely on my grant/loan while I'm still studying.

Btw I'm looking for a part-time job while I'm @ uni, not just during the holidays.

Bloody foreigners coming here and taking our jobs Blum 3

Why do you want to be a sales assistant?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MB" wrote:
Bloody foreigners coming here and taking our jobs Blum 3

2 right, it's like shoo, i was here well before you! i seriously dont no how they get employed, they can barely speak any english!!!!

Sales assistant is like the job which looks easy, the pay is alrite, and most students seem to do.

I was in Iceland and the woman who was at the cashier couldn't speak english properly and looked eastern european. I wonder how she even passed the interview....

It is not fitting to look down at others. For all you know she is willing to put in twice the hours you are and is much more flexible with her demands.

You need to widen your horizons. Apply for jobs which may serve a future purpose. Every job is easy. The boredom that it entails is the hard part.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MB" wrote:
I was in Iceland and the woman who was at the cashier couldn't speak english properly and looked eastern european. I wonder how she even passed the interview....

lol, at mcD i'm like is this halal and the foreigners are like "waht? sorry, i duno, i ask, 1 minute", its like, get a move on womaaaaaaaaan! no offence to them, i just cant stand them, they dnt have a clue half of the time! lol, the otha day was rate funny, my cuzins were screwing at this woman cz she messed her order up and in they end she was like, i'm a Muslim too yano! Cray 2 we thort, bless

anyway, muslim bro, dnt go for a sales assistant job, personally speaking i think asian guys hu work in retail look batty, i haaate approaching them. its like cant u get a job in sum take-away or call center!!

"You" wrote:
For all you know she is willing to put in twice the hours you are and is much more flexible with her demands.

Yep, that's coz she's working full-time, and it's not like the UK is running out of workers who can speak english...properly.

"You" wrote:
You need to widen your horizons. Apply for jobs which may serve a future purpose.

As I have mentioned before I wanna join the police/prison service....I can't think of any part-time jobs that links with them....can you?

try youth work, ask at ur local youth center or erm.. go to ur local police station and ask if they got any work going, obv not anything which requires major experience and that.

I'm sure they got enough youth workers as loads of people I know would like to be one, and I doubt the police will have any part-time work.

I think I'll just start working after finishing studying. Did anyone else study @ uni and not work?

so how do u cope with money wise? or do u take money from ur parents?

I live on my grant/loan I get for uni.

Dad only gives money @ eid and birthdays.

But I'm not skint and got plenty of money left Biggrin

lucky for some. i feel so bad for asking money of mum, gona try and save my ema money this time.

LOL!

That reminds me a couple of days ago... i was channel surfing and I started watching this episode of South Park. where they're taking refugees in from the future and these refugees are taking up all the local jobs for much less pay.
And every goes:

"They took our Jobs!"

lol, it was funny at the time... u guys just reminded of it.

Oh and.... get a JOB you lazy bums! I was studying and working at the same time ever since i was 17. It was at that time I stopped asking for money from anyone.

Back in BLACK

you all sound like a bunch of racists! Foreigners work twice as hard then the rest of us that’s why employers will hire them. They don’t stand around gossiping and looking for any opportunity to skive. It is hard to get a job while your studying because your not flexible, which employers don’t like. If you just looking to make some money for bus fare, books etc then nothing wrong with applying for a sales assistant. Finding a job that is related to your course will be really difficult, will be easier if you decide to take a gap year coz most tend to be full time. There some really good cv books you can buy from WHSmith if your cv aint that brilliant. Your uni library or even your local library might stock some update cv books.

some pointers on a cv
- stick with times new roman
- space out
- keep it to 1 page
- if running out of room state reference available on request
- if you haven’t got any work related experience mention things such as stuff you have participated in uni, are you part of any clubs, joined the gym, hobbies outside uni etc. This shows your personality, which employers look at.
- If you have participated in something in or outside uni state what it was and then what skills you gained from it. Ppl always make the mistake of saying they do this and that but fail to mention what skills the have learnt as result.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
you all sound like a bunch of racists! Foreigners work twice as hard then the rest of us that’s why employers will hire them. They don’t stand around gossiping and looking for any opportunity to skive. It is hard to get a job while your studying because your not flexible, which employers don’t like.

Speak for yourself sister!

all i said its not nice to call ppl just coz they cant speak proper english. You lot just reminded me of some racisit girls i kicked off with once in a bowling ally. All i did was tell her to put her cig out and she started making comments about my ethnicity!

the problem with this country is there are TOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE!!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Naz" wrote:
all i said its not nice to call ppl just coz they cant speak proper english.

I don't see how :? Theres nowt wrong with saying someone can't speak english.

u tel them
letz kick them out
me and you lol

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

It might not be perfect but at least they can speak it. This is going off topic but most brits go abroad on holiday and they dont even know the lanuage of that country or even bother to learn it. They always look for british restaurants, british music, british clothes. Comparing everything to Britain! Whats the point of going on holiday if you arent going to take an interest in their cutlure.

@Naz - Yes foreigners get paid less but I'm willing to do voluntary work (I heard nothing from Muslim Aid as you might know). I have been looking for work for the past 3/4 years, and yes that includes sales assistant. Thirdly I have already done all the things you have mentioned about cv pointers.

"Naz" wrote:
This is going off topic but most brits go abroad on holiday and they dont even know the lanuage of that country or even bother to learn it. They always look for british restaurants, british music, british clothes. Comparing everything to Britain! Whats the point of going on holiday if you arent going to take an interest in their cutlure.

If I go to a non-english speaking country I couldn't care less about their culture, I wanna go shopping, travel and see places. You should learn the language of a country if you're going to live there, not if you're going to be there for a few days/weeks.

Thats kinda sad bro,

Whenever i go to some foreign country, i make an effort and learn a few common phrases. I may be only there for a few days but that doesnt mean i should act like an uneducated idiot.

If i just wanna relax, go shopping or see places then I'll stay here in good old rainy England. But if i wanna experience another country its not enough to just visit a few places, go shop and come back. The language is also part of the experience. If you're not sampling some of it... your missing out.

I agree alot of foreign immigrants work alot harder than we do and I have alot of respect for people who come over to this coutnry with very little and work hard to make a living. But if they're getting jobs and you aint. Then maybe they just want it more than you do. Like you said, you can always fall back on your student loan... but they dont have that option. For them its either work to eat or starve.

Back in BLACK

"MBro wrote:
If I go to a non-english speaking country I couldn't care less about their culture, I wanna go shopping, travel and see places. You should learn the language of a country if you're going to live there, not if you're going to be there for a few days/weeks.

Then what is your purpose of going to another country, why not stay at home?
It doesnt matter whether you are going for couple weeks or to live their its still best to learn te basics. Why do ppl always make the assumption that the ppl resident in that country will speak the english languge. Yes most do and some dont. Would you ever contemplate of speaking in english to your parents or relatives i know i wouldnt because its just bad manners and RUDE!

"Naz" wrote:
Then what is your purpose of going to another country, why not stay at home?

Bcoz the UK doesn't have Eiffel Tower or the Empire State building Biggrin

"Naz" wrote:
Why do ppl always make the assumption that the ppl resident in that country will speak the english languge.

I didn't.

"Naz" wrote:
Would you ever contemplate of speaking in english to your parents or relatives i know i wouldnt because its just bad manners and RUDE!

Alot of my cousins do speak english with me and also my mum wants me to speak english with her coz she's learning english. I don't see how it's rude.

I speak english to everyone, including grandparents, mom, dad, aunties. Only dad tells me of for speaking in english and not the paki language.

If your parents or relatives can speak English then there nothing wrong with speaking to them in English but what i was referring to those ppl parents or relatives who cant and their kids still insist on speaking to them in English. It good to speak your own language once in a while, who knows one day you might wake up and have forgotten how to speak it! Plus it good to be bilingual Biggrin

Even so, I still speak to them even though I no they don’t speak English or have little understanding :?

I need to start learning how to speak urdu.

"Noor" wrote:
Even so, I still speak to them even though I no they don’t speak English or have little understanding :?

I need to start learning how to speak urdu.

i think its just a force of habit coz your so use to speaking english you dont realise. When im speaking punjabi to my parents or relatives il speak the odd word of english as well without realising.

I can read, write and speak bengali.

However there are some words I can't say in bengali so I replace them with english.

Go you.

I can understand urdu a little, well quite a bit but that's about it! Can't speak it, read it or write it!

Pages