Meanies of the PCies

43 posts / 0 new
Last post

Backups? Whats that?

outside of education/work do you really need backups? I know its good practice, but I dont know anything on my pc that I could not live without.

Ofcourse the secret passwords to the site etc are written by hand elsewhere just incase.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

=/ im a bit worried.

ok, so i wanted to download a android emulator but that led to disaster and my antivirus (Kaspersky pure) went crazy. today's the third day after that happened. that day and the day after antivirus asked me to run a full scan and run the post-infection system restore. ive done it like 3 times already and again right now its asking me to do it again?!?!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

try not running the system restore. that might just be restoring the virus.

android emulator?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
try not running the system restore. that might just be restoring the virus.

android emulator?

i shld have read that before re running the system restore for the 5 time today...

and yeah..android emulator. so your pc becomes android so you can have whatsapp on it.

a bit of lightheartedness for this thread:

urgh..cnt we upload pics from my documents?

Do you mean the or are there others out there too? (I think AMD also do AMD App Zone, but its the same software for running android apps). If not, that may be an alternative thing to try.

Its an interesting concept, way to use things like whatsapp.

could you/your friends just not get the windows live messenger app? Wouldv'e saved you all this hassle...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

when i try downloading bluedstack it kept saying error in dowload or somethng, then i tried another one from CNET (you'd think you'd be safe) but no, CNET suggested i download Claro search (actually, forced me, i cldnt download the emulator without downloading claro and yeah i did look everywhere for the untick button). and i think its the one i tried to download from CNET that went crazy.

BTW, claro is a search engine hijacker. get rid of it if you've got it.

i followed your advice not to restore system and it seemed to have calmed down. some Mod on kaspersky forum got me to run from logs and checked them and said they were clear, i just got to clear my temp files and uninstall and reinstall kaspersky:

to clear temp folder i always used disk clean-up. but he gave me these instructions

i cleared my temp using disk cleanup THEN followed the instructions in that link and theres stil SOO many folders in the temp folder! should i really delete them all?

and whats the point of unstinall and reinstalling kaspersky..wnt it ask me for an activation key and what not?

heres the picture, its a lil bit funny, at least its a bit lighthearted. id love to work in computers so i cld put messages like that around.

HERE BE DRAGONS! art thy a dragonslayer? dont worry i didnt do anything big. twas just something to do with tabs and clarosearch...

Lol cool message

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

There is something strange going on and it's the second time its happened. It's only ever happened when i'm using the laptop i'm using right now. I'll casually watch a video in Arabic that my Arabic teacher sends to me, or open an email that contains Arabic inside it and as soon as i leave the page, open a new tab and begin typing, whatever i write becomes ARABIC!

The first time it happened, i was literaly dying. I had no idea how it happened and what i was supposed to do. When i tried to cry out for help, all that would appear was Arabic letters lol. But i've learnt what i need to do. Save everything that i'm doing and restart the laptop and then it's back to English. 

that cnt be right, you shldnt have to restart your computer. check in your taskbar (where start, the time/date is) there shld be a little box with EN in it. and maybe it changes into AR. u need to change it back to EN. and also check ur settings and see if theres something ticked that shldnt be.

Lilly wrote:
that cnt be right, you shldnt have to restart your computer. check in your taskbar (where start, the time/date is) there shld be a little box with EN in it. and maybe it changes into AR. u need to change it back to EN. and also check ur settings and see if theres something ticked that shldnt be.

Well when i typed into a word document it was perfeclty fine, but the minute i was onto the internet and typing, it decided to go back to Arabic. The next time it happens i'll keep an eye on the task bar at the bottom of the screen and see if that changes.

Pages