is splitting tawheed into three bidah?

63 posts / 0 new
Last post

Accountontherevival wrote:

Hamza13 wrote:

splitting tawheed is certanly not wajib but is it bidah? 

I do not understand this question at all.

Please explain.

at the time of our Prophet (pbuh) there was no splitting of tawheed. there is no mention of the three categories of tawheed explained by ibn taymia in the Quran. is it not bidah? there is mention of two parts in a hadith but i dont know how credible that hadith is and if ibn taymia split it into 3why not four or five or six. he should ahve mentioned love for Allah. i think there is no need to explain Tawheed. let alone the fact that i consider it to be bidah.

5.3 in the quran states Allah perfected Islam. how can one add to Islam?

TPOS wrote:
You do not have enough knowledge to have your own opinion on what is right or wrong. Scholars have spent their whole lives learning and understanding Islam, they know/knew better than us.

but do they? its openning a door to corruption. they can steer muslims in any direction.

like i explained. should i not read the whole quran? is the explanation from a scholar enough then? they can tell me what is important and what is not... is that not underminding the work of Allah?

Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:
You do not have enough knowledge to have your own opinion on what is right or wrong. Scholars have spent their whole lives learning and understanding Islam, they know/knew better than us.

but do they? its openning a door to corruption. they can steer muslims in any direction.

like i explained. should i not read the whole quran? is the explanation from a scholar enough then? they can tell me what is important and what is not... is that not underminding the work of Allah?

further more what is there to say they themselfs undertand it perfectly. are you sujesting they are absent of fault? if i make a mistake on my understanding of the quran its down to me. if i follow the understanding of someone else will Allah not question my lazyness?

Hamza13 wrote:

Hamza13 wrote:

Please explain.

at the time of our Prophet (pbuh) there was no splitting of tawheed. there is no mention of the three categories of tawheed explained by ibn taymia in the Quran. is it not bidah? there is mention of two parts in a hadith but i dont know how credible that hadith is and if ibn taymia split it into 3why not four or five or six. he should ahve mentioned love for Allah. i think there is no need to explain Tawheed. let alone the fact that i consider it to be bidah.

Confused.

I generally am not familiar with the terminology used in the question to begin with but would like to get involved so if someone could help me make sense of what bidah, tawheed etc mean.

Read the whole Quran then listen to what scholars have said on matters. I've read the translation of the Quran but until I started looking deeper into it's meaning, the context of passages etc, I don't think I fully understood the translation that I read. The classical scholars are generally respected by everyone and so it would be very arrogant of you to think their work is going to mislead you. I guess there are different opinions on more "modern" scholars.

I think it's good that you're so determined to ensure you have the right info, but you have to admit that some know much better than you and you will be doing more harm by listening to them than not listening to them. If you feel something a scholar has said is dodgy, then see what other scholars have said and what the agreed upon opinions is, instead of coming to your own conclusion with the little knowledge you have. And I do not mean that in a belittling, offensive way.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Tbh I had never heard of this splitting thing before you/Lilly mentioned it, however I disagree on your opinion that yawners does not need to be explained. If tawheed is not explained how can we say we believe?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
Read the whole Quran then listen to what scholars have said on matters. I've read the translation of the Quran but until I started looking deeper into it's meaning, the context of passages etc, I don't think I fully understood the translation that I read. The classical scholars are generally respected by everyone and so it would be very arrogant of you to think their work is going to mislead you. I guess there are different opinions on more "modern" scholars. I think it's good that you're so determined to ensure you have the right info, but you have to admit that some know much better than you and you will be doing more harm by listening to them than not listening to them. If you feel something a scholar has said is dodgy, then see what other scholars have said and what the agreed upon opinions is, instead of coming to your own conclusion with the little knowledge you have. And I do not mean that in a belittling, offensive way.

ibn taymia said things that make alot of sence however they are not mentioned in the quran or hadith for example. this means hes opinion is tempting however i believe taking it is offencive to our Prophet (pbuh) and even Allah himself. if i take hes opinion and accept it i am in effect saying he is important and siding him with our Prophet (pbuh) am i not? in splitting tawheed i see no oposition from any scholars or even imams yet i strongly believe it is bidah. using common sence and by my gut feeling. there is mention that 73 groups in Islam will not make it to jannah only one will. this encorages me to challenge the whole world if nessesary against certain beliefs.

TPOS wrote:
Tbh I had never heard of this splitting thing before you/Lilly mentioned it, however I disagree on your opinion that yawners does not need to be explained. If tawheed is not explained how can we say we believe?

honestly i dont need an explanation. there is no god but Allah. what needs to be explained? i must worship and love the one god only. its as clear as water for me. 

Hamza13 wrote:

Hamza13 wrote:

Please explain.

Confused.

I generally am not familiar with the terminology used in the question to begin with but would like to get involved so if someone could help me make sense of what bidah, tawheed etc mean.

i apologise. bidah means invention, and tawheed is the oneness of Allah. 

Hamza13 wrote:

Hamza13 wrote:

Hamza13 wrote:

Please explain.

Confused.

i apologise. bidah means invention, and tawheed is the oneness of Allah. 

wajib means compulsory in Islam.

Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Read the whole Quran then listen to what scholars have said on matters. I've read the translation of the Quran but until I started looking deeper into it's meaning, the context of passages etc, I don't think I fully understood the translation that I read. The classical scholars are generally respected by everyone and so it would be very arrogant of you to think their work is going to mislead you. I guess there are different opinions on more "modern" scholars. I think it's good that you're so determined to ensure you have the right info, but you have to admit that some know much better than you and you will be doing more harm by listening to them than not listening to them. If you feel something a scholar has said is dodgy, then see what other scholars have said and what the agreed upon opinions is, instead of coming to your own conclusion with the little knowledge you have. And I do not mean that in a belittling, offensive way.

ibn taymia said things that make alot of sence however they are not mentioned in the quran or hadith for example. this means hes opinion is tempting however i believe taking it is offencive to our Prophet (pbuh) and even Allah himself. if i take hes opinion and accept it i am in effect saying he is important and siding him with our Prophet (pbuh) am i not? in splitting tawheed i see no oposition from any scholars or even imams yet i strongly believe it is bidah. using common sence and by my gut feeling. there is mention that 73 groups in Islam will not make it to jannah only one will. this encorages me to challenge the whole world if nessesary against certain beliefs.

If there is no opinion against it apart from yours, then you are wrong.

Also you're mistaking *explaining* with *adding* to Quran and sunnah. Explaining something is not a bidah.

Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:

honestly i dont need an explanation. there is no god but Allah. what needs to be explained? i must worship and love the one god only. its as clear as water for me. 

How do you know what shirk is if tawheed isn't explained? How do you know "who" Allah is? How can you worship Allah without knowing Him?

TPOS wrote:
Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:

How do you know what shirk is if tawheed isn't explained? How do you know "who" Allah is? How can you worship Allah without knowing Him?

look im done talking about this issue. maybe ill go to hell. or maybe the people who believe in that will go to hell. its Allah who will decide that. Allahu alam.

watch this though. you say for me to listen to scholars. here is why i dont. this men explains better then i can. not through words but through actions. through hes emotions. scholars, imams, respected muslims dont appeal to me and by the looks of it not to him either. im fed up with high strung opinions and no discussion. no acceptance. the notion of superiority i sence from these so called scholars.

Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:
Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:

look im done talking about this issue. maybe ill go to hell. or maybe the people who believe in that will go to hell. its Allah who will decide that. Allahu alam.

watch this though. you say for me to listen to scholars. here is why i dont. this men explains better then i can. not through words but through actions. through hes emotions. scholars, imams, respected muslims dont appeal to me and by the looks of it not to him either. im fed up with high strung opinions and no discussion. no acceptance. the notion of superiority i sence from these so called scholars.

just yesterday i saw an old men in the mosjid cross a men praying. when confronted by a younger person he said, "is it my problem he is praying?" muslims are quick to say to me im wrong but spend no time condeming al qaida who defenatly perform and promote bidah.

if i am wrong Allah will judge me. and the same goes for you. Allah is the judge. i have done my duty. i have informed you. now you make your mind up. dont tell me what to believe.

TPOS wrote:
Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:

If there is no opinion against it apart from yours, then you are wrong. Also you're mistaking *explaining* with *adding* to Quran and sunnah. Explaining something is not a bidah.

how do you know im wrong? you asked Allah?

You missed some important questions in my last post. Also this vid is more about the *inaction* of the *current* scholars not the mistakes and wrong beliefs of all scholars.

TPOS wrote:
You missed some important questions in my last post. Also this vid is more about the *inaction* of the *current* scholars not the mistakes and wrong beliefs of all scholars.

no its about the lack of ability of the scholars. i pointed out that the alienation stems from always thinking your right. 

Have you asked Allah if you're right?

I trust people who spent their whole lives understanding Islam, more than someone who has spent 5minutes in comparison.

TPOS wrote:
Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:

so your saying i need to be explained that i should worship god alone. there is no god but the true god. la ilaha ilalah. who is Allah the one true god. la ilaha ilalah. i do know Allah that is why i worship him. la ilah ilalah. is there any other question? cose maybe i can answer it with la ilaha ilalah to.

There is no God but Allah does not answer the question of who Allah is.

Christians in Arab countries call God (to them) Allah too. However they generally also believe in te trinity - now how would you differentiate between who Allah really is and who the claim Him to be?!

TPOS wrote:
Christians in Arab countries call God (to them) Allah too. However they generally also believe in te trinity - now how would you differentiate between who Allah really is and who the claim Him to be?!

and your saying i need to have a trio to explain god. can you not see the similarity? are you not aware of the similarity? say four five six and ill stop having a problem with it. but why three?

Hamza13 wrote:

TPOS wrote:

and your saying i need to have a trio to explain god. can you not see the similarity? are you not aware of the similarity? say four five six and ill stop having a problem with it. but why three?

not that ill belive in though. just saying its very similar to the trinity.

I never said anything about the splitting. I said this is the first time I've heard about it, terefore I don't know enough to comment. My above comments are in reply to u saying tawheed does not need to be explained.

TPOS wrote:
I never said anything about the splitting. I said this is the first time I've heard about it, terefore I don't know enough to comment. My above comments are in reply to u saying tawheed does not need to be explained.

thats ambigous. you are clearly against my discrediting of the splitting of tawheed into three...

What's ambiguous?

-I don't know much about it so cannot comment *however* you said no scholar is against it therefore I trust scholars more than u.
- Saying God is three different things, Astagfirullah, is different to EXPLAINING God and His different attributes etc
- You need to know what tawheed means to be able to testify to it. And a simple translation is not enough. It does not tell you who Allah is, what He is like, what He is not like and so on.

TPOS wrote:
What's ambiguous? -I don't know much about it so cannot comment *however* you said no scholar is against it therefore I trust scholars more than u. - Saying God is three different things, Astagfirullah, is different to EXPLAINING God and His different attributes etc - You need to know what tawheed means to be able to testify to it. And a simple translation is not enough. It does not tell you who Allah is, what He is like, what He is not like and so on.

ambigous means your meaning two things. or trying to anyway.

you are entitled to your opinion if im right you will remember me on the day of judgement because it is sure to come up. and if you do forget me please. i am nobody. i still havent gotten a clear explanation on this hence why im am discussing it. why do i need to be explained who God is? why where muslims at the time of the sahaba(not just the sahaba themselfs) inteligent enough to understand but yet im dumb and need to be explained. that sounds like brainwashing. im not able to make my mind up? i have to be wrong and your going to tell me how to percieve God. i know God. i did before i was Muslim. there is only one God. the trinity is wrong obviously but a true christian believes in one true God like the jews do. ONE GOD. i am the son of an athiest hence having no religion and still i knew God. what is there to explain? Islam was not invented by our Prophet (pbuh) it was the continuation of the word of God. the one God. now the catholics have a twisted view of God hence the trinity and by the looks of it someone along the lines wants us to believe in something similar. we all know shaytans number is three score 6. thats why the trinity is divided into three. why cant you say four or five or six? why three? tablirighi was founded by a guy from a family with many scholars yet they believe a new prophet can come in the future. by your order of though they are right... but they are scholars. why are they wrong? well like i said 73 groups in Islam will not go to jannah. i plan to go to jannah. or try to anyway.

Hamza13 wrote:

tablirighi was founded by a guy from a family with many scholars yet they believe a new prophet can come in the future. 

Maybe i've never come across this before.. but why make this assumption? Have you spoken to such scholars and asked their opinion? I fail to find any solid proof of this belief.

why do u (tpos anHummus) bother? this brother did nt ask a question for knoeledge. he alresdy had his answer. ad even if he id we clnt have answered this question fir him. i made the mistake of tryibg to answer but i ahldnt have. i shld have kept my mouth shut. we're arguing abt sithing we hav no jnowledgr f and with the wrong intention.

lwts keep in.mind that saying Tpos once shared with us. abt the sholar. whe he argued he prayed that the other party was right and he wld be proven wrong. lwts follow that examplr and lets nt waste our time in trivialitues duing this blessed.monh

in.aurah kahf. the companion of the cave aked themselbrs he.long they spend in the cave. sme gave odd estimates but ultimately they said "your lord knows better how long u have spent there. send someone.frm amongst u to ... etc.. xouple of lessons here. jusr drop it and get on with things. im sorry. chexk out surah kahf by mufti menk inshaaAllah

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Considering this had  61 comments, I thought there must be something interesting going on...

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Pages