MICS (Minhaj UK)

101 posts / 0 new
Last post

[size=18]May all go well for all, Insha Allah T'ala, Ameen thum'ameen![/size]

Salaam Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Quote:

Salaam Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

May this email reach you in the best of health and iman.

Inshaallah you will be looking forward to the weekend intensive which will
be
full of benefitial knowldege and spiritual upliftment inshallah.

The weather forecast for the weekend is predicted to be around -10 degrees,
we
are therefore advising you that you wear warm clothes and also bring warm
blankets with you when you leave your homes.

We look forward to seeing you at MICS

ma'salamah

MICS TEAM

So there you have it. A few other details are that we should forget about ICIS until we have graduated from the MICS course (Don't shoot the messenger), ICIS is permanatly shut down BUT if we do graduate and go Lahore it will probably be for less than a year and stuff, perhaps a condensed ICIS or something (All I know at the mo).

Yes we should bring our own sleeping bags, warm clothes/layers etc Pads, There are two books you need BUT I don't think you need them for this camp so chill out, to the best of my knowledge, I'm informing you ahead of the game, so don't worry. Biggrin

[b]Guys[/b] you get the priviledge of kipping on the prayer room floor, with access to the Wudoo facilities, dunno if they got Ghusl facilities yet (prob not) but they defo got a bucket, and quite frankly thats all I need.
If worse comes to worse I know this guy who lives right near the Masjid and prays Fajr Salaat at the Masjid, so we can persuade him to sort us out with anything emergency stuff.

[b]Girls[/b] You get the priveledge of staying at home with your radio transmitters tuned in (a tribute to a self-exiled friends!). No seriously, you people will get the upstairs rooms, but again bring bedding, Word on the street is that Matresses will be sorted for us but be prepared anyway. Lots of the upstairs rooms will have en suite Bathrooms and stuff.Mature women folk, I'd prefer it if you kept an eye on any of the 'giddy' ones and put the smack down on them if they get out of line.

[b]Hayder[/b] the good news is that the ground floor of John Dalton supports wireless internet (for your XDA) or so I hear, the bad news (arguably) is that this isn't the John Dalton Building.

As a general tip anyone worried about homework, bring it along, i get the feeling there might be the opportunity for own stuff.

Check the uploaded leaflet for arrival and leaving times, make Du'a.

I'll Insha Allah T'ala patiently be waiting for all of you, with a warm wlecome even though you'll all probably be late[size=8]...and I'll welcome any non-Pakistanis too.[/size]

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

yeah -10 degreess........cant i sleep at home and come back in the mornin?!?!

the prayer room is freeezing, not lookin forward to sleepin there :?

wheres the uploaded leaflet?

yes i shall be late, coz i know it starts late

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[b]try for 7:30 [/b]although the leaflet does says 8:30

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

[size=24][u][b]Your local MICS update:[/b][/u][/size]

Yes those of you thinking of coming to the camp as a one of thingy magjig can but it is a course so miss out on the rest of it, but no doubt Insha Allah T'ala still a cool experience and very worth it.

Provisional dates for the next one are:

30,31,1 Thats right people we can welcome the new year mehfil e naat, and loads of us will be - for the fist time - doing Tahajjud as the first act of the new year. C'mon its worth it for that.

Price should still be £25, pretty good from what I hear other similar stays doing...please come all of you. Cray 2 Cray 2 Cray 2 for a full review, go to the Minhaj.org forums where some person or other has posted what the first one was like.

[i][size=24]I am not quite sure i understang you Hayder, what are reerring to?[/size][/i]

whats the link for that David

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

So Hayder, what is it then amigo? Smile

David.......i asked the link for the forums, or that thread

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaams, Dawud [i]and[/i] Hayder.

You have both provided info here in your own special way, but I am still left a bit uninformed.

Say if someobody wanted to come to this New Year mehfil, what arrangements would that person have to make for it?

by arrangements you mean...?

accomodation? travel? costs? course schedule?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

All that, esp accomodation.

How long is the accomodation for?

What is the overall cost?

Clothes you think you'll need for two days and two nights.

Medecines you may need for that time period.

A blanket, and for the more frail of us (not an insult) a sleeping back or padded thing (no lilos please) they will Insha Allah T'ala have mattresses for ALL women and a few for any guys who need them. (mattresses were in surplus last time.)

Itr if you want to bring it.

Musical instrument if you want to bring it

MUST:
notebook/pad and pen/pencil (this is accademic as well).
A lil' patience perhaps.

BOYS and Girls will be segregated Insha Allah T'ala.

some of you may wish to bring sweeties.

bring tissues as well, for when you start crying.

the accommodation is for the period of the camp

from friday evening to sunday afternoon

its in the prayer hall, its comfy dont worry Smile

and if you need a mattress, arrangements can be made

overall cost is £25, covers the accomodation, the teaching, the food (theres lots, trust me), and the course material provided

you get your moneys worth

anything else?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Just to make sure - is that Friday 30 Dec to Sun 1 Jan?

What time does it finish on Sunday?

And will one blanket be enough? Will the place have heating?

Hayder (is that pronouced Hi-der in english as in the famous composer Hayden) if you are talking about the Minhaj forums, then its a link to this thread. Biggrin

Did you perhaps falter in ken
regarding the epilogue of the pen
upon such handsome words as these
An-Naj, Insha Allah T'ala to please
those seaking As-Salamah now
can rest assured, et vous?...ciao!

"Enver" wrote:
Just to make sure - is that Friday 30 Dec to Sun 1 Jan?

What time does it finish on Sunday?

And will one blanket be enough? Will the place have heating?

that should be the date. if it changes, which i doubt, we'll get told in advance

finishes approx 1.30 on sunday

one blanket is enough, or a sleeping bag

the place is well heated....they make sure it is for the students, and they have a kitchen with everything

the lessons are top, in particular The Science of the Quran (Uloom ul Quran) and the Zhikrs at the start and end of every day are top.

plus.....many chances to ask questions and get answers that leave you more than satisfied

(btw im not makin this up lol....i had doubts before attending, but now i cant wait)

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Are there limited places? Am I, I mean er... is someone, too late? How do I, er... does he, book a place?

you should still be able to apply

i can send you an application form, and send it to:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

quick!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Send me the form.

But I'm sure I'm forgetting something that'll prevent me from going...

Inshallah, I will be there.

check your email in a sec

its actually

Come, you wont be dissapointed

one thing i liked the best - the way the teachers care and look after you

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

quick!

I thought it was sister shabz. Lol

Drat! he went without getting my PM.

on the day

lol...i payed 5 minutes after the camp ended Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Is there any mention of this on any other websites? Like the official Minhaj site?

On the application form, do I have to list my qualifications?

[size=7]Sorry about all the questions... [/size]

Duwud saw your post on minhaj forum was very inspring and informative...

I really want to come to the camps, only problem is dad wont let me come on my own, so i am gona get one of my cuz to come with me....please pray that i do get to come to it, after hearin hayder's/Duwud's/razor's views it has interested me more and more...

"Enver" wrote:
Is there any mention of this on any other websites? Like the official Minhaj site?

lol Irfu feeling as though those poor boys are goin to kidnap you cuz they have just made it up thats why it aint on the main site? Irf did u chek out the leaflets that are linked?

p.s. can someone give me the contact info ie email add/mob number for Alama Ramzan Qadri?

Asalaamu alaikum all!!!

Jazak'Allah 4 all u ppl hu went n hav told us how amazingly gud it waz....Insha'Allah definitely goin 2 da nxt 1!!!!

"Dawud" wrote:

A blanket, and for the more frail of us (not an insult) a sleeping back or padded thing (no lilos please) they will Insha Allah T'ala have mattresses for ALL women and a few for any guys who need them. (mattresses were in surplus last time.)

lol we girls are just too special Blum 3

I dont mind sleepin on the floor as long as there are no creepy crawlies or mice :shock:

This is amazing SubhanAllah. wow, I can't help but remember the words of Shaykh Ramzan Al Qadri when he said Qibla Hazoor made DU'a extensively for these camps, and Insh Allah T'ala Allah SWT will help us, and RasooluLLah SAW will help us.

Also please make du'a for Shaykh Ramzan Al Qadri, he's ill with the flu (he sounds like me in the morning, except he's like that through out the day! Biggrin ).

Irf make sure 'this person' can make it, Insha Allah T'ala, 'your friend' can clue me up about developments in American poliitics seeing as I stopped paying attention after my politics exam was over.

Three hopefuls, this is super cool.

Just remember it is pretty safe, and the Shaykh's are students and beloveds (though they might be shy to admit it.) of Qibla Hazoor, couyld you be in better hands? Biggrin

Its worth it for the authority with which the Sunni Aqueedah is addressed in class and in Q&A.

Allah Hafiz.

p.s. the kitchen doesn't have a fridge but htere is one in the building.

Fi'Aman Allah wa Rasoolihi SAW

"Enver" wrote:

showed you the posters, should be up on the Minhaj sites as well

i THINK the MICS has a website also

application is their for the sake of it lol....yeah, u overqualified Shaykh Irf? Wink

its goood ur askin questions, more than glad to try helpin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Okay its a little messed up, but for those of you with questions regarding how to fill the from in, I just copied and pasted mine into this post with the address taken out.

Also the format isn't apparant in this post so you should have a copy of the form handy as you try to decipher the below:

Manchester Institute of Classical Sciences
(MICS)
Nahj us Salamah
The Path of safety

REGISTRATION FORM
Complete all the sections

Full Name Muhammad Dawud Qadri
Gender Male
Date of Birth 06/08/1987
Marital Status single
Address ** ********* Road
Old Trafford
Town / Post Code Manchester/ *** ***
Telephone No **** *** ****
Mobile ***********
Occupation If you are a student please state your course and institution
Student BENG Mechanical Engineering
Educational History

[u]Course[/u]

BENG Mechanical Engineering (currently in first year)

A level
A level
A level

AS level
AS level
AS level

GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
GCSE
[u]Institution[/u]

Manchester Metropolitan University

Stretford Grammar school (Sixth form)

Stretford Grammar school

[u]Grades[/u]

Physics
Maths
Politics

Psychology
Further Maths
General Studies

English Literature
English Language
Mathematics
Science, Double Award
Electronically
Business Studies
ICT
Statistics
RE

[u]Islamic Educational History[/u] Please state your previous Islamic knowledge, any books that you have studied, including study circles.

Books:
The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'an
Qisasul Ambiya AS
Spirituality and Magnetism
Real Islamic and the Prophet’s Stature.
Islamic concept of crime and punishment.
Ta’leemul Haq
Greetings and Salutations upon the Prophet (SAW)
Patience and Gratitude

I have attended the 2004 Minhaj ul Qur'an camp in Glasgow and the 2005 AL-Hidayah camp in Kidderminster.

[u]Authors:[/u]
Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthal
Imam Abi Al-Fidaa Isma'il bin Kathir
Prof Dr Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri

Shabbir Ahmed E. Desai

Nasiruddin al-Khattab

Why do you want to attend MICS? To sit at the feet of scholars and take the knowledge, blessings and friendship of those closer to Allah SWT and his Rasool SAW than I.
What are your long-term objectives? To be with My Allah SWT and His Rasool SAW, and never anywhere else, ever.
That we might all might be at this place, forever.
Ultimately I hope that our journey's return might be a beautiful and joyful one.
Where did you find out about this programme? Through a friend who was at the The Bradford 2005 AGM (August), and in more detail through Shaykh Ramzan Al-Qadri.

PLEASE RETURN TO: E-MAIL-
POST – MICS, MADINA HALL, 122 WITHINGTON ROAD, WHALLEY RANGE, MANCHESTER M16 8FB

Pages