Call me wicked,
Call me a fundamentalist,
Call me ignorant,
Or even an extremist.

Bomb me with rains of fire,
Feed me your lies and poison.
Engulf and surround me,
In absolute destruction.

But I still ascend defiantly through the ash and detritus.
And when you see me emerge through clouds of smoke,
Raising up my tightly clenched fist,
Words may escape you,
So just call me a terrorist.

Author - Unknown

Tags: 

Comments

"I am weak,
You are strong.
I guess that makes you right,
And makes me wrong."

Favourite part.

Whoever wrote this is super talented... that was really good.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

The style of the poem raises an interesting point. It seems to me that the empathy of the ummah, the sense of being bonded with muslims across the world feels threatening to the status quo. Traditionally there is strength in numbers. When governments see that there are a large number of people across the world who identify with AND INFLUENCE each other, they tend to feel uneasy and percieve this a threat to their power.

This is where the panic and persecution begin.

For this reason prominent scholars were persecuted by tyrant ameers because they had such a strong popular support that the ameer felt their own power was threatened.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
The style of the poem raises an interesting point. It seems to me that the empathy of the ummah, the sense of being bonded with muslims across the world feels threatening to the status quo. Traditionally there is strength in numbers. When governments see that there are a large number of people across the world who identify with AND INFLUENCE each other, they tend to feel uneasy and percieve this a threat to their power.

This is where the panic and persecution begin.

For this reason prominent scholars were persecuted by tyrant ameers because they had such a strong popular support that the ameer felt their own power was threatened.

But what's your opinion of the poem overall?

Do you have a favourite part?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

But what's your opinion of the poem overall?

Do you have a favourite part?

I don't really like the poem, not because it's 'bad' or 'wrong' or anything like that, just because it's not my style of sentiment. There's a word for the sentiment of this poem which I don't know but it's something to do with spite and frustrated anger. Anyway that sentiment was what caused alot of problems with Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah. He was the scholar of his day and the lesser scholars around him made constant petty accusations against him so that in the end he just started saying "So call me a [accusation]." That created massive problems.

I do have a favourite part:

You find me strange,
So that makes me a stranger.
Instead of glad tidings,
You salute me with danger.

I am weak,
You are strong.
I guess that makes you right,
And makes me wrong.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:

I don't really like the poem, not because it's 'bad' or 'wrong' or anything like that, just because it's not my style of sentiment. There's a word for the sentiment of this poem which I don't know but it's something to do with spite and frustrated anger. Anyway that sentiment was what caused alot of problems with Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah. He was the scholar of his day and the lesser scholars around him made constant petty accusations against him so that in the end he just started saying "So call me a [accusation]." That created massive problems.

Why did that cause him massive problems? :S

What did they accuse him of/say about him? Why?

What would be more your style of sentiment?

We have the same favourite part Biggrin Why that bit?