Reading too Closely

I'm notoriously awful at making serious threads, I usually have 4 or 5 redundant questions with over explanation in between each one.

So i'm just going to keep this short and sweet.

How do you tell somebody they are missing the point without insulting them? The people who try to figure out how many angels fit on the head of a pin - or how old the world is based on minor or unimportant biblical dates and times?

why avoid the insult?

just add a slight laugh, and they will take the point, and think the insult was a joke.

Unless the laugh is maniacal.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
why avoid the insult?

just add a slight laugh, and they will take the point, and think the insult was a joke.

Unless the laugh is maniacal.

lol we're assuming here that we want to actually break through to them.

Making them think we are joking doesn't help to that end

ask them wether their lione ofthought has an endgame?

if they are wrong does it matter? why does it matter? how does it matter?

Just think of it as if you are looking for enjoyment.

You can siot around with a few friends and enjoy yourself having a laugh. But if you go out looking for enjoyment, that will not be enough. You need to do something extreme. You can't force yourself to have fun. Its the same with other things.

Tell them they are missing what is infront of their eyes whilelooking for something they willnever find.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.