IVF age limit 'should be raised to 42'

Women in their early 40s should be given access to IVF on the NHS, draft guidelines for England and Wales recommend.

NICE says the current age limit of 39 should be raised to 42 for women who have no other chance of conceiving.

The draft, which updates 2004 guidance, suggests other new groups who should be eligible for treatment.

They include same-sex couples and people facing cancer treatment who wish to preserve their fertility

Women in their early 40s should be given access to IVF on the NHS, draft guidelines for England and Wales recommend.

NICE says the current age limit of 39 should be raised to 42 for women who have no other chance of conceiving.

What a nice thing to do

The draft, which updates 2004 guidance, suggests other new groups who should be eligible for treatment.

They include same-sex couples and people facing cancer treatment who wish to preserve their fertility

I don't agree with same sex couples getting IVF

My English is not very good

Women in their early 40s can adopt.

Same sex couples choose out of the baby making option by choice of their lifestyles.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Women in their early 40s can adopt.

Can they look after?

You wrote:
Same sex couples choose out of the baby making option by choice of their lifestyles.

What if they say we want a baby but we can't help our sexual preference?

What if someone is standing on top of a cliff and says he can fly?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Wish them good luck lol

lollywood wrote:

You wrote:

Wish them good luck lol

^ Thats the most you could do. Do you think telling them that they're being silly will encouarge them to try flying, knowing that they'll most likley bump their head and have a nasty fall.

lollywood wrote:

I don't get it. How is raising the age limit from 39 to 42 going to make a difference? If IVF is being used to have kids (with a man and woman, not homosexuals) then that would mean that people will have older parents!

Hummus wrote:
Thats the most you could do.

I was being funny

Hummus wrote:
Do you think telling them that they're being silly will encouarge them to try flying, knowing that they'll most likley bump their head and have a nasty fall.

Why should I tell them anything?

They did not ask me should I drink or not?

lollywood wrote:

Hummus wrote:
Thats the most you could do.

I was being funny

Oh really?! Thats something you'd do anyway Wink

lollywood wrote:
Hummus wrote:
Do you think telling them that they're being silly will encouarge them to try flying, knowing that they'll most likley bump their head and have a nasty fall.

Why should I tell them anything?

They did not ask me should I drink or not?

Well then you can watch such a view, having juice (not any haraam drinks!)

Hummus wrote:
Well then you can watch such a view, having juice (not any haraam drinks!)

You would only do that sort of thing if you were drunk