The murder of Shafilea Ahmed

(not using the other topic as the author is using it for political purposes)

I was just on this murder trial where Shafilia Ahmed's parents are in the dock for murdering their daughter.

The star witness is another daughter who saw them kill her.

Truly shocking stuff.

She was only 17 when she was brutally murdered by her own parents.

Prosecutor Andrew Edis earlier told the court Ms Ahmed had seen her mother and father force a bag into Shafilea's mouth and suffocate her in September 2003.

Ms Ahmed then saw her parents in the kitchen of their home in Liverpool Road with bin bags and tape, wrapping the body up, the jury heard.

Horrific stuff.

Tags: 

It's all 'alleged' at the moment, but people will make the point if they haven't already done so, that how can a daughter sit in the witness dock providing a statement against her own parents. Ever noticed that in this country they nearly always eventually catch up with you, probably people working continuously in the name of justice rather than corruption. Leads to point that cases like this are so common in south Asia yet hardly ever reported, and it's sad to see that people have brought over a backwards way of thinking which they should have left behind in their homelands. 

how can a daughter sit in the witness dock providing a statement against her own parents

What?

For how long do you think that knowledge was eating her up? How damaging would it have been to her?

If she is 23 now, she would have watched her sister be murdered by her parents, suffocated to death, at the tender age of 12.

Her sister deserves justice.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

how can a daughter sit in the witness dock providing a statement against her own parents

What?

For how long do you think that knowledge was eating her up? How damaging would it have been to her?

If she is 23 now, she would have watched her sister be murdered by her parents, suffocated to death, at the tender age of 12.

Her sister deserves justice.

Yup in no way am I disagreeing with that, sorry my point should have been that due to her and the continuous effort of others, victim is finally gettin the justice she deserves...yet there will be people thinking along those lines....again people find it hard to let go or diffrentiate from their own backward way of thinking 

Smash that way of thinking long and hard enough and people will e forced to change.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Shok

OMG, I can't believe they did that just because they didn't approve of her "western lifestyle".

Just pathetic, Its the parents fault at the end of the day anyway.. and the sister was right in every way to say what actually happened. 

Why on earth would you murder your own daughter?!!! Thats just the sickest thing I've heard up to date.

URGH, stupid people in the world

Is there any money involved for the witnesses?

This could be one of the reasons besides having to keep eveything bottled up for the past few years!

Hummus wrote:

This could be one of the reasons besides having to keep eveything bottled up for the past few years!

musnt think badly of our fellows muslims. especially we havent got anythign to base those assumptions on.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

Hummus wrote:

musnt think badly of our fellows muslims. especially we havent got anythign to base those assumptions on.

It's not really about thinking 'bad' about fellow Muslims. I know absolutely nothing about her, nothing about her general kindness, humour, personality, nothing! Im just asking a question, like anyone else would. Im not saying money is the reason behind it either. I think it's got more to do with justice.

I dont think there is any money involved. Especially as the witness is the daughter of the alleged murderers and the sister of the girl murdered.

Hummus wrote:
I can't believe this. One of her brothers said that she deserved it!

How sad

My English is not very good

Lilly wrote:

How could you stick up for these people?

Allah says if you murder one person that means you have murdered the whole of mankind

lollywood wrote:

Lilly wrote:

Allah says if you murder one person that means you have murdered the whole of mankind

you dont know what im talking abt. dont make movies in your head.

Lilly wrote:
you dont know what im talking abt. dont make movies in your head.

I do you said

Lilly wrote:
musnt think badly of our fellows muslims

and I said

you dont know who i was referring to. your comment makes no sense. even if i was referring to a general "fellow muslim".

Lilly wrote:
you dont know who i was referring to. your comment makes no sense. even if i was referring to a general "fellow muslim".

One of her sisters burgled the house they live in, that's what one of your "fellow muslims" have done

Proof

At Chester Crown Court, Alisha Ahmed, 23, said how she had made the disclosure that she witnessed the murders to her solicitor and a police officer while she was in custody after arranging a robbery at the family home in Liverpool Road.

got nowt to do with anything