WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

You have met the man of your dreams. He's everything you ever wanted in a man and parents say NO. What would you do? I'm asking becase I've been having second thoughts about my decision. I gave in under parent pressure and now feel that I have lost the only man I ever loved.

When faced with such a dilemna who would you choose?

And how important is culture to you? My parents rejected my boyfriend due to cultural differences. Could you ever marry someone who was not the same culture as you?

I would like to know what religious people like all of you think about this matter. Put yourself in my shoes.

im having a case of deja'vu here....

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
im having a case of deja'vu here....

Biggrin

I'm asking what would you people do. Enough about me. This is a very common problem that people often get stuck in.

The man of your dreams or the happiness of your parents?

"Ramz" wrote:
You have met the man of your dreams. He's everything you ever wanted in a man and parents say NO. What would you do? I'm asking becase I've been having second thoughts about my decision. I gave in under parent pressure and now feel that I have lost the only man I ever loved.

that is a VERY VERY hard decision....

"Ramz" wrote:

And how important is culture to you? My parents rejected my boyfriend due to cultural differences. Could you ever marry someone who was not the same culture as you?

I would like to know what religious people like all of you think about this matter. Put yourself in my shoes.

i wouldn't call myself 'religious'... i'm nowhere near where i want to be... we're all at different levels of faith but we cant say who's more 'religious' here, thats for Allah to judge.

ur having second thoughts about which decision - dumping you boyfriend?! aww come on girl, i think thats the best thing that could've happened to u!

in my opinion culture shouldnt play such a big part in marriage - my parents have always made it clear to my siblings and i that they are not bothered about the race of the person we marry, as long as they are practising Muslims.

ofcourse them speaking the same language as ur parents helps, but it shouldnt be the deciding factor when choosing a partner. (in my fam this doesnt make all that much of a difference coz we speak to our parents in English anyway).

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

ur having second thoughts about which decision - dumping you boyfriend?! aww come on girl, i think thats the best thing that could've happened to u!

My parents are desperate to get rid of me and I'm beginning to think that despite my ex boyfriends faults. He was way better then the guys my parents are trying to hook me up with.

And no ones perfect.

Okay so your parents said no.... its not the end of the world.

Firstly your not dead yet so theres still a very good chance you'll love again (hopefully in a halal way)... i know you maybe thinking its not gonna happen... but BELIEVE me when i say it WILL. Ofcourse it wont be the same it'll be different everytime... but you WILL love again ([b]"DAMN IT YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN!!!!"[/b] [i]Seraphim puts a gun to Ramz head[/i] [b]"SAY IT!!! SAY TILL YOU BELIEVE IT!!!![/b]).

When faced with a dilemna... i think about whats right and whats wrong. Then i think which decision will most likely earn Allah(swt) happyness and which wont.... then act.

Culture is what you make it out to be. I go around defining my own culture there4 im never wrong. Ofcourse thats with the above I-m so happy dilemna-solving scheme. I love my parents as much as anyone can love their parents. If my parents rejected my personal choice for no-good reason, and my love was tru, i would pout and refuse to marry anyone else... then i'll make rediculious demands (like a sports car.... a 5ft lollypop)but thats just me.
But if they rejected her for a very good reason... then i will accept it wasnt meant to be.

Didnt say it was gonna be easy...

Back in BLACK

"Ramz" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

My parents are desperate to get rid of me and I'm beginning to think that despite my ex boyfriends faults. He was way better then the guys my parents are trying to hook me up with.

And no ones perfect.

from what i gathered in your previous threads, he was not willing to commit i.e. get married? and i think u said ud been going out with him for around two years? a guy who is unwilling to bear responsibility after that long a relationship is not worth the effort.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I believe that I could have changed him given half the chance. I think I was too hasty.

"Ramz" wrote:
I believe that I could have changed him given half the chance. I think I was too hasty.

Dont kid yourself.... he was a playa

P to the L to the A to the Y to the A

PLAYA!

And playa's only like playing games... the dodgy kind.

Back in BLACK

"Ramz" wrote:

seraphs right Ramz - he was a user. immature guys like that get on my nerves.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:

seraphs right Ramz - he was a user. immature guys like that tick me off so badly.

lol @ immature

Back in BLACK

I'd choose my parents.

I pray that no one is ever faced with such a stressful predicament.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I pray that no one is ever faced with such a stressful predicament.

ameen thuma ameen.

EXCUSE ME MOD!!! i thought we'd sorted this out in the Mods thread - u guys arent meant to edit our posts without leaving a message behind!! :evil: i'd never use that phrase!! :roll:

[b]EDIT: You used a phrase very unbecoming of a lady --------- ThePhantomMod [/b]

:roll: how sexist! ur beginning to sound like omrow... :evil: i have edited my post. dont do that again.

STOP PICKING ON AASIYAH MOD.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
STOP PICKING ON AASIYAH MOD.

Dave... read the "mods to the slaughter" thread :roll:

Back in BLACK

Salam

"Ramz" wrote:
You have met the man of your dreams. He's everything you ever wanted in a man and parents say NO. What would you do?

He is saying pretty strange things in that post.

Man of your dreams?

Shouldn't that be "woman of your dreams."

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

Man of your dreams?

Shouldn't that be "woman of your dreams."

well just coz YOU dream about the "man of ur dreams" why shud SISTER Ramz also dream about people of the same sex?

Salam

Furbal. Don't try to be funny.

Rather, try to be thin.

Omrow