Qasas and Diyat fitna Lahore police hunt 'blood money' suspect

Pakistani police have launched a murder hunt after the widow and mother-in-law of a man shot dead by CIA contractor Raymond Davis last year were killed.

Police suspect Zohra Haider's father of killing her and her mother.

It is thought he was upset at her plans to re-marry, fearing either dishonour or that he might lose out financially.

The acquittal came when relatives of the dead men pardoned him in court in return for receiving compensation estimated to be about 200 million rupees ($2.34m, £1.1m), known as "blood money". Under Pakistani Sharia law, relatives of a murder victim can pardon the killer.

The family bought the new house - in a middle class neighbourhood of Lahore - with "blood money" they received.

Nabeela Bibi was shot in the family's new house, police say, while Zohra Haider was chased down the street by her father before being killed.

New case of murder if for those reasons is either plain greed or moronicness.

The shariah angle is only for the earlier murder, where the family of the victim can agree to commute the sentence.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
New case of murder if for those reasons is either plain greed or moronicness.

If the qasas and diyat law didn’t exist in the Sharia then these lives would not have gone to waste   

You wrote:
The shariah angle is only for the earlier murder, where the family of the victim can agree to commute the sentence.

I think that's sick and greedy in other words there's a price on life and it could be bought for money, what if the person who's committed the murder dosn't have the money to pay the diyat don't u think that's unfair? What if he does that again?   

The family of the murderd person started living a life of luxury on money they didn't deserve at all I remember this lady who has died saying in urdu mein America ka shehar jooti ki nok par rakhti hoon

in English that would translate I would take an American state and put it on the end of my shoe what that meant was I don't want any amount of money but later when she saw the money her mind changed and the whole family took the money and went into hiding, they brought a brand new mansion in Lahore which they could never afford before but with the help of that money they could and in the end paise kaam na aaya what a shame, you let 1 person go in exchange of money later on that money or its greed took 2 more lives that shows that this kind of deal could never work without fitna   

My English is not very good

Forgiveness is a good thing.

The person/people committing the jurders however were horrible.

It would be cruel to not allow forgiveness.

and for starving families, if the resource earner is killed, sometimes they would need something to fall back on.

It's all about having humanity - you have no right to judge them, it wasnt a member of your family killed.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Forgiveness is a good thing.

For money?

You wrote:
The person/people committing the jurders however were horrible.

It would be cruel to not allow forgiveness.

Would you be able to forgive someone if god forbid they murdered  one of your close family members?  

You wrote:
and for starving families, if the resource earner is killed, sometimes they would need something to fall back on.

Why can't women start working?  

You wrote:
It's all about having humanity

Where was the murderers humanity when killing?

My English is not very good