Qu'ranic evidence of certain natural events

Are there any events that are highlighted in the Qu'ran related to any earthquakes, tsunamis etc that everyone knows were true events?

I think I heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf talking about this and how the Qur'an talks refers to historical events but frustrates historians.

It refers to events but focuses on the moral, telling people that some of the historical details are less important.

Like Christians/Jews and Muslims argue over which prophet a specific event happened with (cant remember which) - the Muslims say it was Prophet Ismail, the Jews/Christians Prophet Ishaaq, and the qur'an is vague on the matter is if to tell us it doesnt matter which prophet/son of Prophet Ibrahim it referred to as that misses the point.

There is a reference to the destruction of the people who Prophet Lut (as) was sent to, there is a reference to the flood at the time of Prophet Nuh (as) [but once again, nothing to sugest the biblical idea that it was global, just expansive and covered the area where mountains/hills locally were not enough to save the people].

There probably is more, or specific events mentioned, but mostly they are there for their morals as opposed to a historical account.

A living tale from the time of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was the revelation of Surah Rum, which started of with "Rome has overcome" suggesting that it had destroyed the persian empire in their war... escept that it was losing massively at the time. A decade or so later that revelation came true.

Not the Qur'an, but when there was an expedition against I think the Persians when the people would go to the mosque and the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would give live updates as to how it was going.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you please post here what the Qu'ran says about the Prophet Lut?Is there anything written in there that isn't related to the Prophets in terms of historical events?

You wrote:

I think I heard Shaykh Hamza Yusuf talking about this and how the Qur'an talks refers to historical events but frustrates historians.

May I have a link to this as well please?

I cant remember where I heard it (I had assumed it was one of the videos posted on this site, but then you would have seen it too) and if I find a link i'll let you know.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

I cant remember where I heard it (I had assumed it was one of the videos posted on this site, but then you would have seen it too) and if I find a link i'll let you know.

If I have seen it and heard it...I wouldn't be surprised if I've also forgotten it.

thanks