Our World.

38 posts / 0 new
Last post

The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it : 'Be!' - and it is. (Al-Baqarah 2:117)

Aaaaah, im trying to make my vision of you, (Lilly) in my head..

The rain. How there are certain countries that are in desperate need of it to save themselves from drought. How there are certain countries that dread periods of long rainfall due to the floods that it brings with it. How there are certain individuals, like me, who look through the frontroom window and admire it's beauty. In the same way that each leaf asks before it can fall to the ground, each drop of rain is granted permission to fall from the skies. You would never be able to count them.

Actually I read a study just the other day about how the weather doesn't actually affect our mood. But it was done in America

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

That result seems counter intuitive.

But I have to say long bright days do make a difference IMO.

Better than short dreary dark cold days.

I equate spring with hope, and autumn with the opposite.

At this time of the year you know the days are getting bigger and brighter (which I actually appreciate more than those bigger brighter days when they arrive...).

On the other side of the year, you know its getting colder, darker, shorter days.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages