Who was King Saul?

Just reading.

Don't know much about King Saul. 

Wikipedia link too long. 

Anyone know any islamically related stories to this King?

Muslims believe Saul (طالوت, ‎) was the commander of Israel, as do Jews and Christians. According to the , Saul was chosen by the prophet  (not mentioned by name explicitly but rather as "a Prophet" of Israelites) after being asked by the people of Israel for a king to lead them into war. The Israelites criticized Samuel for appointing Saul because Saul was not wealthy so they had no respect for him. Samuel rebuked the people for this and told them that Saul was far more favored than they were. Saul led the Israelites to victory over the army of  who was killed by . Saul is not considered a prophet generally but rather a divinely appointed king.

Clueless. I'd like to know!

Talking about Kings - does anyone know if King Offa was Muslim?

I've read that he was, but then there's as many articled to say he was not.

The ones that say he was, base it on coins they found that had islamic writing on them.

The ones that say he was not, say those coins were only created to trade with the world leaders (who at the time were Muslim)?

Well..that quotes bit by S.b.f is pretty much all i know.

Israelites were really skeptical of King Taalut. but then Israelite had lost Musa 'alaihissalaam's tablet and rod and angels brought it to king Taalut which made the Israelite shut up.

then they won against the Giant Goliath. King Taalut promised his daughter in marriage to whoever would kill the giant. Dawud 'alaihissalaam killed the giant and got the princess!!

i love telling that story to the little kids at madrassah. with the princess and stuff they get mesmerized!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?