The Prophet (saw) and his wives

Dear all,

Just listening to the documentary called: 'Divine Women: War of the words'

Of course two of the women mentioned and discussed are Khadijah (ra) and Aisha (ra). 

My questions are: 

1) Aisha (ra) was the Prophet (saw)'s favourite wife. Is that phrase allowed to be said?2) Why do not hear much about any of the other wives?

3) Which leads to why is Aisha (ra) special in comparison to the rest of the wives?

from my readings i think khadijah (ra) was the favourite, thereafter aisha (ra). both of them are referred to a lot in historical texts because thy contributed the most in supporting our prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and teaching spreading the new religion and taking part in battles.  . aisha(ra)was  the greatest female scholar of her time, she taught many sahabah(ra). she also had a good knowledge of medicine.

i'm sure the other wives were doing something right too to have remined married to our prophet(saw). perhaps there is just a lack of documentation, so we assume they were not so significant.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Aisha is well known round here coz of the whole controversy of her being married so young. but she was also very very knowledgeable.

but when you do look into the other wives of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) you'll see that they ALL had something that made them stood out and they were ALL amazing women! its just that Khadija and Aisha peace be upon both of them rose above the other stories.

there's a book called the great women of Islam. Its got loads of amazing women's stories in it.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Titanium wrote:

Do you know what I find interesting? Khadija RA and Aisha RA would never have such importance, or any stage or spot light if they weren't Prophet's SAW wives.

I find that sad.

Ermm how could you say that? 

1. There's no 'ifs' or 'would've' in Islam, it was meant to happen and you don't know what the case would be if it were different.

2. Kahdija RA was allready a renowned business woman and many men wanted her hand in marriage. The reason the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) married Aisha RA was because it was an order from the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) 

3. There are many other great women in Islam who were recognised for their own great contributions to Islam. 

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

It's obvious both women worked really hard to be known for who they are now. 

I was just interested in why it was that none of the other wives were not as 'famous' if that's the right word.

Titanium wrote:

Lateral thinking, Foysol89. Lateral Thinking.

I absolutely LOVE Khadija RA because of her role as a First Muslim Business woman in Islam. She was Islam's and Prophet's SAW financial support. She fuelled it all while the Prophet SAW drove it all. 

What I meant was there would NEVER be hadith books with THEIR quotes and understanding if they weren't the Prophet's SAW wives. The fact that they were his SAW wives gives them that importance and stand in Holy Literature.

See what I mean by people not liking how I think or what I write? People just don't like stepping outisde the box :/

and I find that sadder. Please don't hunt me down.

You need to explain yourself better the first time round

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Titanium wrote:

Lateral thinking, Foysol89. Lateral Thinking.

I absolutely LOVE Khadija RA because of her role as a First Muslim Business woman in Islam. She was Islam's and Prophet's SAW financial support. She fuelled it all while the Prophet SAW drove it all. 

What I meant was there would NEVER be hadith books with THEIR quotes and understanding if they weren't the Prophet's SAW wives. The fact that they were his SAW wives gives them that importance and stand in Holy Literature.

See what I mean by people not liking how I think or what I write? People just don't like stepping outisde the box :/

and I find that sadder. Please don't hunt me down.

You know what, on the way to jummah i was thinking "maybe Titanium meant sonething else" and it's obvious i was wrong the first time, so i apoligise, my bad. Oh and i agree with you when you put it like that. 

That's the thing, women were and still are barely recognised for their efforts or people say "they done well for a woman". I don't know if it's in mans innate nature to think of women this way but Islam cane here to get rid of this sort of thinking completely. 

If it's in mans nature then through Islam he should learn that it is wrong, this is why i say Islam teaches equality in both sexes whilst recognizing and taking into consideration their differences. 

Surely, It can't be innate if Islam can help you get rid of it? Islam turns you back to nature...?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ok, so not innate but let's say the society has made men think like this for years and it's become the norm.