Islam Is HARD!

Salaam

Allah (swt) does not burden an individual with more then he can bear.

We are also told that Islam is an easy religion. “We will ease you to the Easy Way”(87:8 )

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was instructed to make life easy for others and presents the call for Islam (da’wa), in a pleasant manner that is easy to adhere to.

So why do many youth find Islam hard? I often hear young girls asking me “why is Islam so HARD?”

I don’t even know where to begin when a Muslim girl says such a thing…and when asked what part of Islam she finds “hard”…”EVERYTHING!!” is the response.

To, a certain extent I feel its cos of the way Islam is conveyed to them….if one is told harshly that “You can’t do this and you can’t do that…and if you do this you’ll eternally damned forever” then of course people will find Islam hard

Heck, even I used to find Islam hard…and that was cos my teacher made it seem hard.

The beauty of Islam is that there is hidden wisdom behind every command and prohibition…if one is told about the wisdom behind Gods laws then obviously they’d WANT to practice Islam…if one was told how much God loves us and the benefits of being in pursuit of His pleasure then obviously people would go out of their way to make Him happy….

On a different note…what part of Islam do YOU find hard? Is it being steadfast in your Salaah? Is it practicing what you preach? Is it doing aml (act) on the ilm (knowledge) that you learn?

Or does your weakness lie in keeping away from members of the opposite sex? Is it difficult for you to keep away from MTV? Or is it hard for you to make the effort and attend Islamic programmes/classes?

Is it the internal sins that you find to avoid….such as pride/envy/bearing grudges/insincerity and hypocrisy?

Is it hard for you to refrain from considering yourself righteous and “guided” and everyone else astray and misguided? Do you always find yourself looking down at others?

Is it hard for you to keep your big gob shut at times?

Do YOU ever find yourself moaning about how difficult Islam is and how do YOU respond when you come across people who possess such sentiments?

Share your thoughts

Wasalaam

Islam is "hard" for us the basic reason being our Iman isn't strong. We live in a world that has many temptations which at times we give into.

I'll be honest i always used to think Islam was harsh and very hard to follow at one point but thats because i was ignorant and had little or no knowledge of the beauty of Islam. Islam explains why certain things shouldnt be done and gives answers to full satisfaction. However i do agree people have been taught Islam as if it's hard to follow and backwards

I do find my fajar hard to wake up to which is only due to my own lazyness.

I find it is hard, to be cool, when the world around you is burning.

I find it is hard to keep Yaqiin, when your own (muslim) brothers and sisters are calling you "Kafir!"

I find it hard not hold animosity against people with cultures of "honour killing", treating females with disrespect, and to a certain extent femism (to quote a friend of mine, if women want to be so equal to men, why should they have a problem with a guy hitting a women more so than a guy hitting another? It ain't right, thats why!).

I find it hard to smile when, everyone else is frowning.

I find it hard to just do stuff, I guess thats it feels so good when you get it done! Biggrin

I find it hard to think there are more days of this life between meeting my Lord, and harder when I forget the Mercy of Allah SWT, The Originator.

I think Mawlana Rumi RA said:

The Angels are safe because of knowledge,
The animals are safe because of ignorance.
The lot of man is to struggle between the two. Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:

I think Mawlana Rumi RA said:

The Angels are safe because of knowledge,
The animals are safe because of ignorance.
The lot of man is to struggle between the two. Biggrin

Wow!

islam is in fact a very easy and simple religion...

the thing is we make it complicated for ourselves, i read a hadith
that our prophet mohammed sallalahu alahi wasallam said :

"Your deen is easy. Do not go to extremes." (bukhari)

BUT like angel said its a sign of weak imaan....our faith is not strong enough that we indulge in sinful acts.

Salam

Islam is indeed hard. Very hard. But only for girly men:

Mice who simply don't know how not to get stepped on by women.

For real men, it is so easy and beautiful. Infact, its a godsend.

Omrow

Is that the advice you'd give to people who claim that they find Islam too hard to follow?

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Is that the advice you'd give to people who claim that they find Islam too hard to follow?

No. I was stating a fact, not an advice.

It would be bad manners to tell them that.

I have no desire to hurt anyone's feelings. And I know that such a statement would do exactly that.

My Lord on High would not like me behaving like that.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

I have no desire to hurt ofter anyone's feelings. And I know that such a statement would do exactly that. My Lord would not like it.

So..you wouldnt call a idiot an idiot or a spade a spade?

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
So..you wouldnt call a idiot an idiot or a spade a spade?

No chance. I would not say that to a person.

I don't want upset them as well as my Creator. God would hold me to account, severely.

Omrow

Salaam

For me keeping 101% concentration in Salaah is incredibly hard.

In a study circle a scholar once told us this story about the difficulty of total concentration in Salaah.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) once said to a group of people that whoever is able to read two rakats and be totally focused on Allah (swt) the entire time will receive His cloak.

One man who was the most spiritually inclined agreed to try it…He started reading and was able to get through the first rakah without his mind wondering…but when he got to the second rakah he began to think to himself “the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) has two cloaks….I wonder which one he’ll give to me”.

In another incident a man had lost some money (or a gold ring) and he asked one of the Imams (I can’t remember which one) to give him a wazief that’ll help him remember where he had placed his lost possession…The Imam told him to read two rakats of prayer.

As soon as the man started reading two rakah he suddenly remembered where he had placed his lost possession…

The man went to thank the Imam and the Imam told him that mind always remembers stuff when in prayer..

But yeah, waffle of the mind is hard to turn off.

Wasalaam

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
For me keeping 101% concentration in Salaah is incredibly hard.

You are only asked for 78%.

So don't ever do it.

Omrow

Its ok if you think about other things while you are in prayer as long as most of it is devoted to God.

"naj" wrote:

BUT like angel said its a sign of weak imaan....our faith is not strong enough that we indulge in sinful acts.

mashaALLAH, angel and naj have spoken truth.

The deen is easy.

Our weak imaan makes it hard. Hence you will see how in the blazing heat of arabia women who have strong imaan find no difficulty in veiling, for them it is easy despite the external factors.

Similarly in UK, you will find people taking time out from work/college/uni to read salah on time without delaying - for them it is easy because of strength of iman whereas for others even the eg fard of fajr in winter is hard because of weakness of iman.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yes, weak Iman makes Islam hard and so do some preachers who convey Islam as such.

yes, some people are extremists, its sad.

other people convey islam as something its not. cutting out parts of deen which are essential and absolute and bringing in their own deviated masala and stirring it into religion. pure satanism.

May ALLAH Rabbul Izzat save us from deviation in all its forms.
ameen

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

other people convey islam as something its not. cutting out parts of deen which are essential and absolute and bringing in their own deviated masala and stirring it into religion. pure satanism.

Yeah, you get people like that too.

They also covey Islam as a strict harsh religion.

lol. we agree.

mashaALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

Yeah, you get people like that too.

They also covey Islam as a strict harsh religion.

yeh they're known as the ahlul cavemen

man do THEY conevy Islam as a hardcore religion

killings of innocent Muslims and what not :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yeh they're known as the ahlul cavemen

Technically, shouldn't it be ahlul cave, rather than ahlul cave[i]men[/i]?

"Omrow" wrote:
Its ok if you think about other things while you are in prayer as long as most of it is devoted to God.

I'm sure it must be OK. God is Merciful after all...however, we should all try to aspire towards total concentration.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that "Two rakats of prayer with perfect concentration will forgive all your sins".....but thats easier said then done.

you cant be perfect in faith if you dont love our prophet mohammed

[i]sallalahu alahi wasallam [/i]over ALL in this world

I find it hard to accept the fact that Islam forbids premarital relationships.
I can only ever marry the man I love.

"Ramz" wrote:

So what your really saying is you dont think its possible to love someone after you've become married to them?

Back in BLACK

"Ramz" wrote:

i thought we'd been through this on other threads...? Wink

the above statement suggests that ppl who dont go by the western concept of 'dating' prior to marriage, are guaranteed a loveless marriage - this is clearly not the case.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:

the above statement suggests that ppl who dont go by the western concept of 'dating' prior to marriage, are guaranteed a loveless marriage - this is clearly not the case.

I'm anti getting married to a stranger and in Islam you are not allowed to get to know someone. This is what I find hard about Islam.

"Ramz" wrote:
I'm anti getting married to a stranger and in Islam you are not allowed to get to know someone. This is what I find hard about Islam.

that is not Islam, its a misconception u have about Islam. my brother had the chance to chat to his wife in private a coupla times before they agreed to get engaged. because of his job they had to delay the wedding so till the big day they were in touch through email.

Islam ENCOURAGES the guy and the girl meeting before they decide to get married, there are just some basic guidelines to follow.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Ramz" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:

Hey Ramz, you've been talking about marriage in a couple threads so far - are your parents talking to somebody or something?

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Hey Ramz, you've been talking about marriage in a couple threads so far - are your parents talking to somebody or something?

lol, u obviously havent read her previous threads - remember the 'Meat Market' thread? that was about her parents attempting to find her a husband...

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol, u obviously havent read her previous threads - remember the 'Meat Market' thread? that was about her parents attempting to find her a husband...

Ohhh I never read that one.

Sorry Ramz - I have another friend who is having an arranged marriage, it seems so bitterly unfair all the way around, I hope it works out for you.

Meat market?!

What are they trying to marry you to a butcher or something?

Pages