Ignorance Is NOT Bliss

Salaam

I work in lots of different schools all over East London. Whenever I’m sent to a “failing school” its always predominantly Muslim Pakistanis/Bengali’s

Is this a coincidence? Not really cos according to statistics…

Muslims have the lowest GCSE pass rates.

Muslims have the highest fail rates at A-Level.

Muslims are the lowest number of people attending University.

Muslims have the highest drop-out rates at A-Level and University.

Muslims have an employment rate of only 38%. This is the lowest of all faith groups.

The unemployment rate of Muslims is approximately three times more than Hindus.

Over 50% of all Muslims are economically inactive, as compared one third of Christians, Hindus, Jews and Sikhs.

Of young people aged 16-24 (that’s us!), Muslims have the highest unemployment rate of all faith groups.

(Source: EUMAP, 2005)

So who should we blame for the underachievement of Muslims in UK….The Kuffar? The Jews?...or for a change why don’t we accept that we have no one but ourselves to blame.

Our parents gave up with their homes, culture and lifestyles for the economical opportunities of this country….they also wanted to take advantage of the educational opportunities…..yet too many of us are dossers, bums or scroungers.

This is depressing but it gets worse…the unemployed are usually depressed and/or involved in haraam activities….too many of us are ungrateful and do not appreciate what we have…so many people from back home would give an arm and leg for this opportunity.

I remember trying to motivate a bunch of girls to be high achiever and be ambitious and one girl said to me “What’s the point-I don’t need to know about process of photosynthesis as it won’t help me with my future of managing a house”…another girl wasn’t bothered about her exams cos if she failed she could “just get married” !!??....

Why aren’t Muslims high achievers?

Some people consider the acquisition of secular knowledge as futile as it won’t help them in the hereafter?!....I don’t understand such mentality as ANY act done sincerely for the sake of Allah (swt) brings rewards…and why wouldn’t God be pleased with a doctor who saves lives…a teacher that passes on knowledge….a builder who builds houses for people….mechanic who fixes people’s mode of transport etc etc

And how come there’s such a huge difference between the extremely high level of dedication, commitment and hard work our parents put in trying to make something of their lives in this country…and our own lazy attitude?

Share your thoughts…

Wasalaam

Firstly... i'd like to point out the validity of statistics is not brilliant so they dont really prove much and dont provide a true and accurate picture. So dont rely on them too much as they can be used to prove anything.

I totally agree with you our parents did leave alot behind so that they can gain the opportunities of this country, and its sad how alot of the youngsters are lazy bums. Im not gonna defend them in that coz ive seen it myself.

What i will say is in some cases there are external factors that sometimes affect they're academic studies e.g. alot of family sh** going on messes with the kids head. Or financial difficulties and the kid has to get a job to help support his family. But surely this cant be the same situation for everyone?

Some people are just lazy, or they dont want a 9-5 job and would rather work for themselves. Which i admit alot of asian guys dream of doing, having their own business. I can only really comment on guys so i wont attempt to chat about why i think girls dont concentrate... i'll leave that to some1 else.

Back in BLACK

I think its got a lot to do with lazyness but i think some people just think becuz they are from an ethnic origin they are somehow limited so they just dont bother, that kind of attitude stinks! If you try you will suceed more so than not trying at all.

But yeh lazyness is somethin commonly found in asian people mainly men :twisted:

RE: those stats in MS's post.

It's not actually 'Muslims' who underachieve.

If you were to breakdown the stats further and look at country of origin, then you'll find that Pakistanis and Bangladeshis underacheive whereas Arabs and Indian Muslims tend to do better.

It's more cultural than religious.

"Beast" wrote:
RE: those stats in MS's post.

It's not actually 'Muslims' who underachieve.

If you were to breakdown the stats further and look at country of origin, then you'll find that Pakistanis and Bangladeshis underacheive whereas Arabs and Indian Muslims tend to do better.

It's more cultural than religious.

True. It is mainly the Pakistani's/bengali's.

But most Pakistani's/Bengali's also happen to be Muslims.

And, compared to other faiths Muslims are still at the bottom of the list...In East London anyway.

Does anyone else think that more Muslim Pakistani/Bengali teachers may rectify this problem?

Culturally, the teaching profession is looked down upon.

one problem is a lot of these pakistani and bengali kids particularly the girls have already been told they will get hitched off at 16 or even before GCSE's. So many of them don't see the "point" in making an effort, when their life has already been decided for them. I mean they know they'll be cleaning, cooking, popping out babies they feel like they don't need GCSE's for that.

Can you blame them?? So it's not always about being lazy, i don't think that's always the reason

With the boys i remember a lot of them were bright or just of average ability but they hung out in bad groups. Acted like the class clowns. Studying wasn't seen to be cool so they didn't make an effort at all, apart from turning up. A lot of these boys are now in dead beat jobs and i know for a fact they regret wasting their education.

But then again there were a lot of indopak boys in my classes who were known as the clever ones or the geeks. They would study 24/7 with no recreation. They got straight a's went on to do pharmacy, dentistry, and medicine. Typical but that's what they wanted to do apparently.

Aren't low grades a problem only in schools which are over populated with asians, or african kids? My sister says a lot of schools in brum are like this, and the teachers don't seem to give a damn about how these kids perform. I get the feeling race issues do come into play, although that's not the only cause. What do you lot think?

"yashmaki" wrote:
one problem is a lot of these pakistani and bengali kids particularly the girls have already been told they will get hitched off at 16 or even before GCSE's. So many of them don't see the "point" in making an effort, when their life has already been decided for them. I mean they know they'll be cleaning, cooking, popping out babies they feel like they don't need GCSE's for that.

Can you blame them?? So it's not always about being lazy, i don't think that's always the reason

I agree. My best mate in high school was taken to Pakistan literally the week before her A2 exams. I felt for her...She got great results at GCSE level and worked very hard for two years towards her A levels.

What would her parents have lost if they took her to Pakistan a week later?

Now, she's married with a kid....struggling to call her husband over from Pakistan because due to her lack of qualifications she can't find a decent job.

"yashmaki" wrote:

I was fed that BS too but I defied my parents and actually went to Uni and live on campus. I'm the first girl in my family to do that. Blum 3

But it depends on the person and how strong they are. I didnt want the same life as my mother so that motivated me to do something with my life.

A while back we were discussion how the whole american ghetto thing is big among asians in Britain.

And I would definitely call the 'Ghetto culture" one of failure - we wrestle with it a lot here, Bill Cosby recently got his head bitten off when he attacked it as a culture that glorifies underachievement for young black people. They basically grow up in this culture being bombarded with messages that school and career growth are bad things, and everybody should either be a rapper or a sports star.

Talking of 'Ghetto culture',

Who is familiar with British-Asian pop music?

eg Metz and Trix, Hunterz...

What a load of mind-numbing boohahki... :roll:

Quote:
And hold tight da ladies on dis one!
RDB!
Kassanova!
Who da chilla!
Dis one for da ladies crew!
O my gosh!
Hyper!
Raver!
Boom-selectah!!!

Makes me lose the will to live...

lol brits should stay away from pop hip hop and rap...

Forever

"Beast" wrote:
Talking of 'Ghetto culture',

Who is familiar with British-Asian pop music?

eg Metz and Trix, Hunterz...

What a load of mind-numbing boohahki... :roll:

Quote:
And hold tight da ladies on dis one!
RDB!
Kassanova!
Who da chilla!
Dis one for da ladies crew!
O my gosh!
Hyper!
Raver!
Boom-selectah!!!

Makes me lose the will to live...

LOL

lame guys-

Ive heard some crappy songs of theirs

one lyric of theirs in some song goes "ipsy dipsy la la bo" :roll:

No joke

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
wow...

google them

they called Metz and Trix

No... i'm afraid I might find more of their lyrics.

I thought white rappers were bad but that's awful... I don't think a 2 year study with Professors Nelly and Usher could save them.

Here's the rest of the song. I'm sorry if it leads you to slit your wrists...

Look pretty gals widda gals stylee! Wha!
MC Metz I'll getchu lively!
Make you jump sayin Bacardi-B!
Can't get enough of her eyes for me!
Can't get enough of her lips for me!
Soni kuri, soni kuri
Are you ready for the Trix MC?

Big up yourselves in London center
Midlands desi getting hyper
Holdtite all northern gangsta
UK Asian dat da flava

Look pretty gals widda Moschino
Look pretty gals widda Valentino
Look pretty gals widda Moschino
Gal-dem, gal-dem wind down low!
Danger!

Wow...

So this is what happens when you feed JayZ to 12 year old brits.

Why don't you guys just go back to the long hair rock and roll thing - that was working for you, you had your own thing going.

whats shocking is how popular them two losers with their lame lyrics became :roll: