Great Manchester Run- raising funds for The Revival

Salaam

I will inshallah take part in the Great Manchester Run on 20th May. Its 10km. I aim to get many donations/sponsors for The Revival magazine.

I will appreciate here if EVERYONE made some kind of a donation/contribution.

As we are not a registered charity as yet we dont have a just giving account so any donations would have to be through cheques. If you are interested please email/pm me and I will send you teh correspondence adress to send payments.

I will start my training this weekend...I have almost 4 months..so enough time to get in shape and run the race well.

You can also take part in the Run if you live in the north. Just register on the Great Manchester website.

wasalaam

Smile

How's the training going?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Yep been gym several times now
i can run 3km in half hour atm... but i'm getting there
ive set myself target of running 10km in 1hr 10...probably too ambitious but we'll see

my aim is to raise £5000 for THE REVIVAL
again probably too ambitious but inshallah i'll try.

But i would need everyone here to contribute in order to achieve that target:-)

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Yep been gym several times now
i can run 3km in half hour atm... but i'm getting there
ive set myself target of running 10km in 1hr 10...probably too ambitious but we'll see

my aim is to raise £5000 for THE REVIVAL
again probably too ambitious but inshallah i'll try.

But i would need everyone here to contribute in order to achieve that target:-)

Cool Smile

If you think your target is too ambitious then cut it down for now, but as long as your going at a steady pace, not just trying to cut the time down all at once you should be fine!

InshaAllah you'll reach both targets

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I mean if everyone here sponsored me for just £5 or £10 we're half way there... of course yopu can contribute more:-)
All the money will go towards re-printing the magazine.
My bro from Sheffield is doing the run aswell and Inshallah he can raise some aswell...

then in spring/summer we will be doing bungee jumps/sky dives again to raise money?

So who is happy to contribute?

Does such fund raising work, or does it just get people all excited, waste loads of effort and then nothing gets done?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Does such fund raising work, or does it just get people all excited, waste loads of effort and then nothing gets done?

It should be an easy way to raise money...
I run... people sponsor me. If I can get a good 100 or so ppl sponsor me £10 each etc and get a good 50 or so shops/businesses to sponsor bigger amounts we should raise quite a bit.
With anything it needs some effort...
If we had a way ppl can pay online I could raise alot more... at the moment its either cash or cheque in post...

salaam
I've finally got my sponsorship form done...and will start approaching people to sponsor me.
I am hoping people here are kind enough to sponsor
i am running 10km man!!!
training going ok....
pls do contact me to sponsor

wsalaam

I have an idea - what about Go Karting? Everyone pays their own fee (and an extra £10 towards The Revival)

If we can get 25 / 30 people that'll be £200 / £250 for the magazine.

Winner gets £50 (from that Revival fund)

It will not only get some money raised, but also let the people of this website meet face to face (assuming they've not dont that before)?

Just a thought....

Yes 3

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
salaam I've finally got my sponsorship form done...and will start approaching people to sponsor me. I am hoping people here are kind enough to sponsor i am running 10km man!!! training going ok.... pls do contact me to sponsor wsalaam

very few ppl from the forum have pledged any money for the run...bit dissapointing

Northen Southener wrote:

I have an idea - what about Go Karting? Everyone pays their own fee (and an extra £10 towards The Revival)

If we can get 25 / 30 people that'll be £200 / £250 for the magazine.

Winner gets £50 (from that Revival fund)

It will not only get some money raised, but also let the people of this website meet face to face (assuming they've not dont that before)?

Just a thought....

Yes 3

Good idea, though people might find it expensive? How much would the entrance fee be roughly? hmmm

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

very few ppl from the forum have pledged any money for the run...bit dissapointing

Ignoring the geriatrics who need their pension, the rest are students who have very little money.

Cant expect more from them than time. Otherwise its too much IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Ignoring the geriatrics who need their pension, the rest are students who have very little money.

Cant expect more from them than time. Otherwise its too much IMO.

anyone working can afford a one off £5/£10 if you believe in the cause

even uni/college students can manage that

I've got about £650 worth of pledges so far ...i'm aiming to get over 1k to start off with inshallah...

LINK DOESNT WORK!!

how to give money? a justgivin page?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?