Stalker Webpages + Blogs

, , and the whole cohort of personal webspaces designed for only one purpose - to get stalked.

Why do people start these things?! My fiancee has had one for a very long while and it's really frightening, you can put up pictures - where you live - your phone number, all kinds of crazy contact information so that any psychopath with too much free time can hunt you down and stalk you.

What are these people thinking?! The internet is a very very very bad and dangerous place - there are all kinds of creeps out there. Its like walking into the lions den wearing nothing but filets.

I hope nobody here is doing any of this nonsense...

People think off the internet as consequenceless.

What ever they do, it does not really matter.

That is dangerous.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Oh definitely - it's like chat rooms, you'll get these predators that go into them and pretend they are 16 year olds and they try to elicit personal info out of children.

What on Earth would breed this belief though?

Since its inception the internet's been seen as an affront to privacy and safety

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Since its inception the internet's been seen as an affront to privacy and safety

Omrow would agree with you.

On a side note, I am planning to add a newsblog to the website... you know for the news items... not a personal blog or anything...

anyone know of any good software that can be integrated into phpbb?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Omrow would agree with you.

On a side note, I am planning to add a newsblog to the website... you know for the news items... not a personal blog or anything...

anyone know of any good software that can be integrated into phpbb?

lol i'd say ask Omrow.

Also - Omrow - you need to start blogging again.

No this is diferent.

I need something I can host myself as a part of The Revival website.

Otherwise there are loads of services such as blogger, yahoo 360, livejournal etc

"Admin" wrote:
No this is diferent.

I need something I can host myself as a part of The Revival website.

Otherwise there are loads of services such as blogger, yahoo 360, livejournal etc

Yahoo has a blog program :shock:

I wonder if she has a blog too... that could be bad...

I don't want people blogging about me when I don't know it...

google is your friend. Google her.

and then when she finds out, hide under the table...

"Admin" wrote:
google is your friend. Google her.

and then when she finds out, hide under the table...

Nothin...

However it didn't bring up her stalker page either - does that mean that google is flawed?!!!?!

try yahoo. then A9. then AV...

"Admin" wrote:
try yahoo. then A9. then AV...

The problem is her name - its really really really long formally, and informally it's normal length but has a bunch of variants, so i'm not sure which to try