Baseless Superstitions

138 posts / 0 new
Last post

what were you taught that was shirk?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

LOADS of stuff
-Celebrating Eid Mawlad
-Wearing Taveez
-Imploring dead people
-Handing out food while commemorating dead peers and saints
-Believing that Muhammad, Peers and saints are not dead :shock:
-Believing in these stupid peers that claim to know the future (boy are they SO wrong and my family STILL believe in them :shock: )
- Doing a prayer every Thursday for all our ancestors who’s souls have come to our house to eat :roll: :? :shock: Lol
…..there are LOADS more but I don’t want to ramble on….
Some one told me that the Revival taught people to worship graves, is that true?

"E20" wrote:
Some one told me that the Revival taught people to worship graves, is that true?

:shock:
TheRevivalEditor would have a heart attack if he read that^!!

Blum 3 seriously, no way!! the Revival is non-sectarian/non-partisan.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"E20" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

LOADS of stuff
-Celebrating Eid Mawlad

That is a bid'ah view that mawlid is shirk. Started with Abdul Wahaab najdi. NOONE prior to him made any such suggestions

Quote:
-Wearing Taveez

Nowt wrong with wearing the aayah's of the quran.
Quote:
-Imploring dead people

If anyone think the dead person can physically help them, thatcan be shirk. However if the person thinks All power is with god, then it is allowed.

[url= the full article, especially the hadith of the blind masn, aswell as the man i need[/url]

(Reliance of the Traveller is Sha'fi fiqh. However the Aqeedah of the four schools of thought is the same...)

Quote:

This is from a couple Aayah's. '(Qur'an 3:169 Think not of those who are slain in God's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;'
Quote:

-Believing in these stupid peers that claim to know the future (boy are they SO wrong and my family STILL believe in them :shock: )
There are con artists everywhere
Quote:
- Doing a prayer every Thursday for all our ancestors who’s souls have come to our house to eat :roll: :? :shock: Lol

Souls are nourished by Allah (swt). They do not eat our food. IF someone does cook food for them, they should be taken to a shrink.. (and what do they do with the food? I am sure it does not magically disappear...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"*DUST*" wrote:

why?
"Admin" wrote:
That is a bid'ah view that mawlid is shirk. Started with Abdul Wahaab najdi. NOONE prior to him made any such suggestions

The Koran even says we should not differentiate the messengers, it also says NEVER will a messenger of God say commemorate me besides God and Muhammad him self said he was an ordinary man. The Koran says “obey the messenger” people get that confused with “idolise the messenger” and theirs a thin line between idolising and worshipping.

"Admin" wrote:

Quote:
-Wearing Taveez

Nowt wrong with wearing the aayah's of the quran.

Not all have ayahs of the Koran written in them, some have the peers signature on it. For years my mum forced me to eat it :x
"Admin" wrote:

Quote:
-Imploring dead people

If anyone think the dead person can physically help them, thatcan be shirk. However if the person thinks All power is with god, then it is allowed.

[url= the full article, especially the hadith of the blind masn, aswell as the man i need[/url]

(Reliance of the Traveller is Sha'fi fiqh. However the Aqeedah of the four schools of thought is the same...)

what’s the purpose of it? God said in the Koran “we are closer too you then your Jugular vein”
"Admin" wrote:

Quote:

This is from a couple Aayah's. '(Qur'an 3:169 Think not of those who are slain in God's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;'

“Every SOUL shall taste death”

"Admin" wrote:
Souls are nourished by Allah (swt). They do not eat our food. IF someone does cook food for them, they should be taken to a shrink.. (and what do they do with the food? I am sure it does not magically disappear...)

lol it’s a common practice round here past down from generation. Maybe I could suggest that everyone in our Mosque needs to see a shrink but some how I don’t think that will go down to well…

"E20" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

LOADS of stuff
-Celebrating Eid Mawlad
-Wearing Taveez
-Imploring dead people

1. Refer to the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam with more respect. It is indeed a great calamity to speak or write about the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam as we refer to others.

E20, do you call your father by his name, or to your mother by her name?
I doubt it.

The Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam is superiour to your father and mine, He salallahu alayhi wa sallam is the Best of Creation and indeed it is an enormity to lack respect for Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Also, the curse of Hadrat Jibreel alayhis salaam is upon the one who hears mention of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and does not send salat o salaam on Him. So I strongly advise you to write salallahu alayhi wa sallam, particularly as you write the blessed name of Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Not all the things mentioned above are shirk. Some are shirk, some are bid'ah and some are completely permissible.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"E20" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

why?

obviously i was exaggerating... Blum 3 but i meant The Revival makes an effort to be non-sectarian so that all youth feel they can connect with it in some way. so when someone says something like that (i.e. we encourage 'grave-worshipping' :roll:) it just undermines all the effort.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"E20" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Quote:

“Every SOUL shall taste death”

'Dying' and 'dead' are two diferent things.

After all the verse is talking about people who have died, and is saying do not call them, or even think of them as 'dead'.

Everyone will die. No doubt about it.

However the verse saying 'do no call them dead. They are alive but we do not understand how' is just that. They are not dead, but we do not understand how. Such is the Power of Allah (swt), that he can do things we cannot even understand. We take blind faith here, as we follow the Qur'an.

"Admin" wrote:
"E20" wrote:

:? admin what has the ayah u quoted got to do with the Prophet (s.a.w)/peers/saints' deaths? that ayah was referring to the shuhadaa' of the battle of Uhud. (it is said that this applies to all martyrs who die on the battle field, but those ayaat were in the context of the Battle of Uhud).

"E20" wrote:
[Not all have ayahs of the Koran written in them, some have the peers signature on it. For years my mum forced me to eat it :x

true not all have only quranic ayahs written on them, thats why some people i know are also against them..

they refer to hadiths...i get unsure thinking about taweezes

Ta'weez are jaiz on condition that they are using Quranic Ayaat.

The pseudo-peers who write numbers and words with no meanings etc are dispensers of magic and superstition. They are to be avoided.

The normal taweez with Quranic Ayaat are jaaiz.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

The thing about ta'weez is I am uncomfortable with them.

Not because of their permissibility or anything, but because you wear them everywhere. even when visiting the loo.

"Med" wrote:

1. Refer to the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam with more respect. It is indeed a great calamity to speak or write about the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam as we refer to others.

E20, do you call your father by his name, or to your mother by her name?
I doubt it.

The Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam is superiour to your father and mine, He salallahu alayhi wa sallam is the Best of Creation and indeed it is an enormity to lack respect for Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Also, the curse of Hadrat Jibreel alayhis salaam is upon the one who hears mention of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and does not send salat o salaam on Him. So I strongly advise you to write salallahu alayhi wa sallam, particularly as you write the blessed name of Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Not all the things mentioned above are shirk. Some are shirk, some are bid'ah and some are completely permissible.

Med when someone says mans law is divine law it is blatantly shirk and Med Muhammad him self said he was an ordinary man [u]IN THE KORAN[/u]. ([18-110] I think). Why would he lie?

"*DUST*" wrote:
"E20" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

why?

obviously i was exaggerating... Blum 3 but i meant The Revival makes an effort to be non-sectarian so that all youth feel they can connect with it in some way. so when someone says something like that (i.e. we encourage 'grave-worshipping' :roll:) it just undermines all the effort.

*DUST* I knew you didn’t mean literally :roll:

"E20" wrote:

Med when someone says mans law is divine law it is blatantly shirk and Med Muhammad him self said he was an ordinary man [u]IN THE KORAN[/u]. ([18-110] I think). Why would he lie?

1. The Quran is the Uncreated Speech of ALLAH Ta'ala. Hence it is ALLAH who calls the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam a man.

2. The Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam is UNDOUBTEDLY a Man.

Definition of a Messenger:

[color=olive]A Prophet is a MAN whome ALLAH has chosen to propogate His message and laws.

(Sharah Aqaaid Nasafi)[/color]

But He salallahu alayhi wa sallam was not like you or me. You and me are dirty and despicable and low, He salallahu alayhi wa sallam is Pure and Clean and Honoured.

3. Your refusal to send salat o salam upon Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and your words regarding Him have made me averse to you.

[color=green]Sayyidina Ka'b ibn Ujrah radhiyallahu anhu relates:

Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam said: "Come near to the pulpit" and we came near the pulpit. When He ascended the first step He said [u]Aameen[/u]. When He ascended the second step He said [u]Aameen[/u]. When He ascended the third step He said [u]Aameen[/u]. When He descended we said: "Oh Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam we have heard from you today something which we never heard before." He said: " When I ascened the first step Jibraeel appeared before me and said: "Woe to him who found the blessed month of Ramadan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness." Upon that I said Aameen. When I ascended the second step, he said: [b]"Woe to him before whom thy name is mentioned and then he does not recite darood (invoke ALLAH's blessings) on you." I replied Aameen. [/b]When I ascended the third step, he said "Woe unto him in whose presence his parents or either one of them attains old age, and he is not allowed to enter Jannah. I said Aameen.[/color]
This Hadeeth is present in Mustadrak Imam Haakim, Tabarani, Bayhaqi, Tirmidhi as well as others.

[color=darkblue]Sharah/Commentary:

In this hadeeth it appears that Jibraeel alayhis salaam gave expression to three curses upon which Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam said Aameen every time. In Durre Manthur, it is reported that Jibraeel alayhis salaam advised Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam to say Aameen. Being an angel of such high statues, Jibraeel's invocations for these curses are sure to be accepted. . . .

. . .

The second unfortunate person is he who hears Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam's name mentioned and yet does not recite darud on Him. For this reason, some religious scholars consider it WAJIB to recite darud whenever the name of MUHAMMAD SALALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLAM is mentioned. In some ahadeeth, the person who fails to do so is called unfortunate and miserly. Such people are even mentioend as those who lose the way to Jannah or among those who will enter Jahannam or those who will not look upon the Blessed Face of Rasulullah salallahu alayhi wa sallam.[/color]
Commentary as taken from lecure notes by myself on the basis of the teaching of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I can quote from ahadith that contradicts what you said.

"Med" wrote:

2. The Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam himself in various ahadeeth has stated words to the effect: ''who of you is like me''.

I quoted a similar ahadith to a Salafi cousin of mine; he said Muhammad was not arrogant enough to make such an ostentatious statement. However I disagreed with him that you should love Muhammad as much as you would love an older brother, the Koran says you must love the messengers of Allah more then your family and worldly things...

"E20" wrote:

Go on then. Quote a hadith which says you should NOT give the salutations.

Quote:
"Med" wrote:

2. The Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam himself in various ahadeeth has stated words to the effect: ''who of you is like me''.

I quoted a similar ahadith to a Salafi cousin of mine; he said Muhammad was not arrogant enough to make such an ostentatious statement. However I disagreed with him that you should love Muhammad as much as you would love an older brother, the Koran says you must love the messengers of Allah more then your family and worldly things...

It is not arrogance, but a matter of fact. And yu cannot reject a hadith just because that is not how you imagined a conversation to go.

Your Iman is not complete until you love the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) more than even yourself. I know I am not a good muslim, but that is something to aspire to.

"Admin" wrote:
"E20" wrote:

It also talks about why we should not celebrate Muhammad’s birthday. But scroll down the page and it tells you the danger of excessive praise.

"E20" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"E20" wrote:

It also talks about why we should not celebrate Muhammad’s birthday. But scroll down the page and it tells you the danger of excessive praise.

Quote:
"Verily Allah sends his salat (Graces ,honour , blessing ,mercy etc ) on the Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) and also His Angels ( ask Allah to raise and the honour of our beloved Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) O you who believe ! send salat ( darud ) on him ( Sayyiduna Muhammad peace and blessing of Allah be upon him ) and you should salute him. ( Surah Al- ahzab verse :56 )

You cannot excessively praise the Prophet (saw). Allah (swt) has raised his Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) status above all other creation. The christians called Hadhrat Isa god. That is shirk. But we believe the Prophet is a creation of God. The best creation. That is not shirk.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) did not celebrate his birthday annualy, but weekly. Every monday.

logically i do not see the point in bowing down and asking a dead person in a grave for anything, how can a dead person in a grave help your duas come true and as far I know correct me if im wrong it is not written in the Quran to do this practice therefore its best to avoid it and i cant see how imploring dead people and handing out food while commemorating dead peers and saint will help you.

Also peers , they state they can predict your future
they state they can make people fall in love with you
they state they can make you rich
ect ........
then they ask for money

thats seems like hardcore black magic

stay away

"RAF786" wrote:
logically i do not see the point in bowing down and asking a dead person in a grave for anything, how can a dead person in a grave help your duas come true and as far I know correct me if im wrong it is not written in the Quran to do this practice therefore its best to avoid it and i cant see how imploring dead people and handing out food while commemorating dead peers and saint will help you.

The dead person cannot help you. Only Allah swt can. However read the ahadith of the blind man, and the hadith of the man in need. The food is for sadaqah, not for the dead people.

Quote:
Also peers , they state they can predict your future
they state they can make people fall in love with you
they state they can make you rich
ect ........
then they ask for money

thats seems like hardcore black magic

stay away

I agree.

Salam

"RAF786" wrote:
logically i do not see the point in bowing down and asking a dead person in a grave for anything...

How about the living ?

People just dont know what they are saying.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"RAF786" wrote:
logically i do not see the point in bowing down and asking a dead person in a grave for anything...

How about the living ?

People just dont know what they are saying.

Omrow

I missed that first line by RAF...

You can only do Sajdah to Allah (swt). For everyone else it is haraam. (it can be shirk if your intention is to worship...)

And Omrow has more of a point here than I do...

"flower" wrote:

Never swing ur legs, coz someone will die (or sumthin like that)

I have heard that one and i do that a lot and get told off and when asked why i should stop it all i get is "you shouldn't do that", that aint a good enough reason to lose the habit so i still do it

Other stuff like flower has mentioned, when your right hand is itchy ur gona get money, hell i have to practically beg to make the itch go away!

Eating milk with fish gives you spots or white marks on your face. Aparently.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Eating milk with fish gives you spots or white marks on your face. Aparently.

oh yeh i forgot to comment on all those posts about mixing milk and meat - i've read about this in a 'Medicine of the Prophet' book, i'm pretty sure they wouldnt have mentioned it without proof.

I like drinking ice-cold milk with food.

I have heard its not good for health depending on the foods... so I would also like to get to the bottom of this.

Its also not good to mix chicken with meat according to the medicine of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) book.

And we shouldnt mix "hot" food with "cold" food.

red meat and white meat are understandable.

They require a dif amount of cooking to be cooked properly...

I have had mixed kebabs etc... but I always think of them as dangerous.

why do they say if you dont fold the prayer mat after praying ...then the shaitaan will read on it or the jinn.

anyone heard of that one.?

Pages