Muslim Personalities of the Year 2011

Salaam

Its time to think about all the positive contributions from Muslim personalities in the last 12 months....

Apart from Joie de Vivre who has impressed you? who has stood out? who has stood up for the Muslims? who deserves credit for their hard work etc.... Joie de Vivre is a cut above everyone, and it wouldn't be fair on everyone else to include him.

So we should have :
1. Muslim personality of the year
2. Non Muslim personality...
3. Revival Forum personality...

so let the nominations begin...

wasalaam

Guy who set himself on fire in Tunisia.

Doesn't need much discussion.

No other individual changed the world more this year

Don't just do something! Stand there.

December 2010.

No other individual changed the world more this year

methods matter IMO.

That guy whose kids died in the riots in b'ham.

(and in order to not turn this into a farce, just the one person of the year is IMO a better idea.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Mr Tariq Jahan, hands down. (the man admin's talking about)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Mr Tariq Jahan, hands down. (the man admin's talking about)

why? what did he do

he told rioters to go home...and?

is that all it takes to become th eoustanding personality of the year?!

Could you have done that?

(and the answer is no.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
is that all it takes to become th eoustanding personality of the year?!

do you have any better options?

Are you for real?!

His son had just DIED. He WATCHED his 21 year old son die after trying his best to resuscitate him. How the hell do you think he felt?!

He shows the what a real Muslim should be like. He didnt ask for revenge, blame everyone and start a hate campaign. He followed te Prophet Muhammad, (saw)message of peace, patience and mercy. And that is with a lot.

I remember reading messages from non-Muslims too, saying how great he was, a real role model, big hearted etc. That'd definitely showing a better side of Muslims than those extemists or even sholars because he was a real life normal person and he showed how great Muslims can be. He and the family also told all the other young guys to by do anythin dodgy *especially* because it's Ramadhan - go home and read, they'll get more reward like that - was the message. And those guys deserve the credit too, cuz they actually listened and didn't react in a negative way.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Tariq Jahan did a courageous and amazing act by showing peace, unity and harmony at a very difficult time for him. He should be praised for that.
My question is- does that warrant him to be the outsanding muslim personality in THE WORLD?
That's all I'm saying...

she can't pick someone she doesn't know.

he was clearly the only Muslim she could think off and knew off who deserves this title.

Smile

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Tariq Jahan did a courageous and amazing act by showing peace, unity and harmony at a very difficult time for him. He should be praised for that.
My question is- does that warrant him to be the outsanding muslim personality in THE WORLD?
That's all I'm saying...

I'd nominate him! Can we nominate the people of Egypt and the people of Libya?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Noor wrote:

he was clearly the only Muslim she could think off and knew off who deserves this title.

Smile

True.

He probably isn't the most deserving in the world.

He can be it for the UK

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Noor wrote:

Smile

True.

He probably isn't the most deserving in the world.

He can be it for the UK

yep.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Not sure about the Tunisian who self immolated.

Mine would definitely be Tariq Jahan
Also Rachid Nekkaz

Mufti Azam
Saj (Ed)

YouShutup wrote:

Also Rachid Nekkaz

Mufti Azam
Saj (Ed)

Sorry about the repetition repetition

YouShutup wrote:

Also Rachid Nekkaz

Mufti Azam
Saj (Ed)

why is my name there lol

whose Rachid Nekkaz?

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Rachid Nekkaz?

AFAIK the guy willing to pay all fines given to women who wear the niqab in France.

His idea: "Keep wearing it and if you get a fine, send me the bill"

Kind of him.

As for why Tariq Jahan is a good person to have, what he did was within his grasps. If everyone did what they could and was within their reach, the world would be a far better place. Instead of that, we al wait for revolution of some sort which will magically change us from couch potatoes into active individuals who form a positive society. Its the little things that make that happen.

You wrote:

As for why Tariq Jahan is a good person to have, what he did was within his grasps. If everyone did what they could and was within their reach, the world would be a far better place. Instead of that, we all wait for revolution of some sort which will magically change us from couch potatoes into active individuals who form a positive society. Its the little things that make that happen.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I think Dr Tahir-ul-Qadree is one of the best working done for Islam in last year.

You wrote:
AFAIK the guy willing to pay all fines given to women who wear the niqab in France.
Awesome!