UK immigration target will not be met, IPPR warns

The government will not fulfil its vow to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands by 2015, the Institute for Public Policy Research think tank says.

It predicts net migration - the difference between the number of people entering and leaving the UK - will fall to 180,000 in 2012, from its 2010 peak of 252,000.

But reductions cannot be sustained at the current pace, it says.

The government insists its policies are working and the target will be met.

We've limited non-EU workers coming to the UK, overhauled the student visa system and will shortly announce reforms of the family migration and settlement routes.

Another broken promise

My English is not very good

capping immigration is short termism, bad for business for the short term and bad for society in the long term.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
capping immigration is short termism, bad for business for the short term and bad for society in the long term.

Let's accept that for one moment but then what about the people who say that there is a housing shortage because of immigrants
strain on the NHS education system, kids not knowing eng and holding other kids back in class

Housing shortage is because not enough houses are built and there are plenty of empty ones around too.

NHS, education system is used more by more people, but it is also funded better due to the larger tax base.

Multilingualism is never a bad thing, makes the brain work.

Recently there was a study done on some America state, and it found out that not only did easing immigration lead to more immigrant jobs (and moret taxes), but more jobs for locals too, so if they wanted to fix their unemployment problem, they should let in more immigrants, not less.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Housing shortage is because not enough houses are built and there are plenty of empty ones around too.

Don't know about space, but if you cut down some trees to make way for new houses your going to have the tree hugging nut jobs jumping up and down

You wrote:

NHS, education system is used more by more people, but it is also funded better due to the larger tax base.

Ok, then why do they keep going on and on about privatising it?

You wrote:

Multilingualism is never a bad thing, makes the brain work.

You make it sound like a medicine, I want some now

You wrote:

if they wanted to fix their unemployment problem, they should let in more immigrants, not less.

Sorry, I'm lost

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

Ok, then why do they keep going on and on about privatising it?

Corruption.

1. Get tax payers and the general public to pay for a service.
2. Your friends give you political donations.
3. Privatise the public service and sell it to your mates/donors for less than it cost.
4. Win win. except for the poor tax payers who get shafted once again.

Health has a lot of money in it because no one wants to be ill - everyone wants healthcare. So whoever can benefit financially from selling healthcare can make large sums of profits.

You wrote:

Corruption.

1. Get tax payers and the general public to pay for a service.

If people have never paid for it in the past it's difficult to talk them into paying for it in future

The argument would be that it was free in the past so why not anymore

You wrote:

3. Privatise the public service and sell it to your mates/donors for less than it cost.
only in Asian countries could you do that kind of thing

You wrote:

4. Win win. except for the poor tax payers who get shafted once again.

What can poor tax payers do, only moan

You wrote:

Health has a lot of money in it because no one wants to be ill - everyone wants healthcare. So whoever can benefit financially from selling healthcare can make large sums of profits.

True,

Who benefits financially from selling healthcare? NHS
or do they want to make it like the U.S

lollywood wrote:
only in Asian countries could you do that kind of thing

Its happening right here right under your nose.

You wrote:

Its happening right here right under your nose.

I can't see it?

That is beause you;re too busy being all hormonal against Islam instead of opening your eyes.

You wrote:
That is beause you;re too busy being all hormonal against Islam instead of opening your eyes.

I'm not agents Islam, the Endian's call us a product of rape, that's why I'm angry with Islam it rips my heart out :(:(

Liar.

You are all too transparent.

You just make repetitions of "other people say" in order to try and mock Islam and Muslims. Its never with sincerity and you dont want answers but to simply sling mud.

Because if you really cared what others say, you would also know how those allegations are simple provable to be wrong.

You wrote:
Liar.
You just make repetitions of "other people say" in order to try and mock Islam and Muslims. Its never with sincerity and you dont want answers but to simply sling mud.

Go to any Youtube Video regarding Pakistan and you will see hate from Endians directed at Pakistanis for no reason

I don't mock Muslims and Islam, according to the Quran Allah is all seeing and knowing how can you doubt my sincerity like that?

You wrote:

Because if you really cared what others say, you would also know how those allegations are simple provable to be wrong.

You can't prove them wrong

You wrote:
Liar.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjtPQoBjb6Q]

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

I'm not agents Islam, the Endian's call us a product of rape, that's why I'm angry with Islam it rips my heart out :(:(

*againsts

*Indians.

so you let Endians tell you that you're the product of rape? what a WUSS you are. was your mum raped by your dad? then how the FLIP ARE YOU A PRODUCT OF RAPE. stop looking back with crocodile tears and man up and face the front. you're too scared of whats ahead so you just dig you head in like an ostrich - into the past.

Islam give you the answers of whats ahead btw. but thats something else.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

Let's accept that for one moment but then what about the people who say that there is a housing shortage because of immigrants
strain on the NHS education system, kids not knowing eng and holding other kids back in class

umm...u do realise ur an immigrant right?

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Lilly wrote:

*againsts

ok

*Indians. Endian

Lilly wrote:

so you let Endians tell you that you're the product of rape? what a WUSS you are

They don't say it in front of our face, you think that we would let them get way with it?
they only say these kind of things on the internet like facebook, twitter, youtube

Lilly wrote:

was your mum raped by your dad?

big no

Lilly wrote:

then how the FLIP ARE YOU A PRODUCT OF RAPE. stop looking back with crocodile tears and man up and face the front. you're too scared of whats ahead so you just dig you head in like an ostrich - into the past.

Islam give you the answers of whats ahead btw. but thats something else.

They say that my ancestors were raped by Arabs, and they converted them to Islam. so I think to my self why not just give up on Islam

it's hard to prove them wrong because to this day we share the same Gotra names culture food with each other, they say that Pakistan was apart of Endian which is true so the people of Pakistan are converts from Hinduism and because of that we are not true Muslims
we don't have any written records of the past they link their ancestry to a Hindu God so did we but when we converted we removed the name of their fake gods, and just kept the Gotra name as pride because we don't have them names they get an excuse to call us a product of rape, I don't think it's true, us Pakistani Muslims have to go by what elders says without any proof or maybe they don't want to tell as about the past because of embarrassment

I would love to prove them wrong and be a good Muslim but these people just don't leave us alone

Most Pakistani's look like north endians, why?

but the south Endians don't look like us

bilan wrote:

umm...u do realise ur an immigrant right?

no, my parents were

Are you saying you were born here? Why is your "English not very good" (in your own words)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

[size=500] ANCESTRY DOES NOT MATTER [/size]

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Are you saying you were born here? Why is your "English not very good" (in your own words)

It's just not

There is no link between rising immigration and rising unemployment, independent economists have found – contradicting persistent claims from anti-immigration activists and politicians that an influx of foreign nationals into the UK in recent years has led to more British-born workers on the dole.

The respected National Institute of Economic and Social Research found that there was "no association" between higher immigration and joblessness – even at times of recession or low growth of the sort that Britain is experiencing at the moment.

In fact, the Institute's researchers suggested that the opposite might be the case and that immigration acts as an economic stimulus, pushing total employment levels higher and dole claimant numbers lower than they would otherwise have been.
"Perhaps surprisingly," their economists said, "the interaction between migrant inflows and GDP emerges as positive, indicating that during periods of lower growth, migrant inflows are associated with ... slower [dole] claimant growth than would otherwise have occurred." The researchers did concede that the stimulating effects of migration on the overall labour market at a time of recession are likely to be small.

The anti-immigration pressure group MigrationWatch claimed yesterday that rising immigration from Eastern and Central Europe since European Union enlargement in 2004 had contributed to a surge in youth unemployment in Britain, which is now above 1 million. MigrationWatch released its own report, saying: "Youth unemployment in the UK increased by almost 450,000 in the period from 2004 Q1 to 2011 Q3. Over the same period, numbers of workers from the A8 countries grew by 600,000.

"Correlation is not, of course, proof of causation but, given the positive employability characteristics and relative youth of migrants from these countries, it is implausible and counter-intuitive to conclude ... that A8 migration has had virtually no impact on UK youth unemployment."

However, critics of MigrationWatch pointed out that youth unemployment started rising before 2004, the point when Polish and other former Soviet bloc nationals were freely permitted to enter the UK to work.

Read the rest at the

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

There is no link between rising immigration and rising unemployment,

I think we have enough immigration

Go back to Pakistan then. You love it so much anyway. What you doing here?

Go back to Pakistan then. You love it so much anyway. What you doing here?

I'm a British Pakistani

When our parents came here things were different

less Immigration
Pakistani was in bad shape and much poorer
In Pakistan people thought that money was hanging on trees in the UK
Still you have to give me some credit for supporting Pakistani culture films and music, kids that are born here don't care about Pakistani culture films and music, they pretend not to understand the language

on Tv everynight I see parents phoning in on DM Digital and Venus TV sitare shows Islamic shows

"Mere bache baat nahin manta" [my children don't listen]
"Mere bache sharab peete hein [my children drink]
"Ghar late ate hein [they come home late]
"Beti ko shadi karne ka bola aur wo ghar chhor ke chaligaee hai " [I told my Daughter to get married so she left home"
Mera beta kisi larki ke sath bhaag gaya [My son has ran away with a girl]
"Ghar mein barkat nahin hai [There is no prosperity]

give me a WAZIAFA so that all these things could get sorted out lol

That does not answer my Q at all.

You love pk so why are you still here?

That does not answer my Q at all.

You love pk so why are you still here?

I love uk as well

How will the privatisation of the NHS work? Will it be like the US system? :s

Immigrants 'must add to quality of life in Britain'

People coming to live in the UK from outside the EU must "add to the quality of life in Britain", immigration minister Damian Green has said.

He argued Britain does not need more "middle managers" or unskilled labour and those who settle could have to command a salary of more than £31,000.

Pages