Is following religion a choice for a child?

Patience wrote:
It's a choice for everyone. Free will and all that

Not at young age

Patience wrote:

Why do you ask? Is there a point in this?

[/quote]

To see what the views of other people are

My English is not very good

Patience wrote:
We are BORN with freewill but God's clever to provide wit with increasing age.

Does God give us wit or education?

Patience wrote:

What I want to know is what happens to those who are mentally ill. Like those who don't know what or who they are?

That's a hard one

My English is not very good

Patience wrote:
We are BORN with freewill but God's clever to provide wit with increasing age.

What I want to know is what happens to those who are mentally ill. Like those who don't know what or who they are?

they are not accountable for their actions and will inshaaAllah go to Jannah. as they didnt have the intellect nor the free will.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

lollywood wrote:
Is following religion a choice for a child?

no, like anything else for a child.

children don't have a say in anything until they reach the age of understanding.

it is up to parents how they raise their children.

Lilly wrote:

they are not accountable for their actions and will inshaaAllah go to Jannah. as they didnt have the intellect nor the free will.

Could they be a key for the parents as well in the sense that oh Allah we looked after them, we did this we did that [*excluding the fact that they took state benefits for it*]

What if the person was ok at birth and got disabled later on because of an accident?

I think the little girl at 1:30 of this video has just finished saying *Kashew* Lilly style

My English is not very good

such a stupid video.

whoever made it has no common sense.

how can children choose anything when they are just children? they no nothing.

all decisions are made by parents and rightly so.

and that is not with just religion, it is their lifestyle, what food they eat, what school they go etc.

and whoever has made the video is clearly anti-islam, why not mention anything about other major religions?

don't know why people see islam as such a threat when they don't believe in it... who are they trying to fool?

Aww they're so cute Smile

STUPID thing to say. All parents bring them up how they want their children to be, following whatever they believe - whether that's Islam, Atheism or anything else!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Noor wrote:
such a stupid video.

whoever made it has no common sense.

how can children choose anything when they are just children? they no nothing.

You have to admit that they are getting smarter

Noor wrote:

all decisions are made by parents and rightly so.

and that is not with just religion, it is their lifestyle, what food they eat, what school they go etc.

and whoever has made the video is clearly anti-islam, why not mention anything about other major religions?

don't know why people see islam as such a threat when they don't believe in it... who are they trying to fool?

What if the parents are making a decision because they are told to do so by the Quran and they feel it's a must because of that? And if they don’t then they them self’s would get punished for it

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
You have to admit that they are getting smarter

clearly..

lollywood wrote:
What if the parents are making a decision because they are told to do so by the Quran and they feel it's a must because of that? And if they don’t then they them self’s would get punished for it

That's what you call faith... That is what they believe in.

I really don't understand your point... wait, that's because you have no point.

lollywood wrote:
You have to admit that they are getting smarter

Proof?

and what is your alternative?

the idea of there being such things as parents is to give their kids a leg up in life.

No sane parent would willingly disadvantage their children.

As a christian, would you bring up your children without teaching them what you believe?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Noor wrote:

I really don't understand your point... wait, that's because you have no point.

Your saying that because you think I'm not Muslim, I am Muslim Alhamdulillah but when I see things on the net like these above I start getting doubts

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
Noor wrote:

I really don't understand your point... wait, that's because you have no point.

Your saying that because you think I'm not Muslim, I am Muslim Alhamdulillah but when I see things on the net like these above I start getting doubts

so why go looking?

lollywood wrote:
Noor wrote:

I really don't understand your point... wait, that's because you have no point.

Your saying that because you think I'm not Muslim, I am Muslim Alhamdulillah but when I see things on the net like these above I start getting doubts

What things?

that parents will ty to give their kids the best upbringing they can?

oh the horror!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Proof?

The older generation can't use the internet and all that we can

You wrote:

and what is your alternative?

Let kids be kids, when they're of a reasonable age then let them choose if they want to follow religion or not

You wrote:

the idea of there being such things as parents is to give their kids a leg up in life.

Proof?

You wrote:

No sane parent would willingly disadvantage their children.

In most case's

You wrote:

As a christian, would you bring up your children without teaching them what you believe?

I'm not a Christian you can write back in Urdu, Punjabi and I will answer you

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
Let kids be kids, when they're of a reasonable age then let them choose if they want to follow religion or not

I guess that you are against the idea of sending kids to school before the age of 18 too?

Urdu is not a prerequisite for or proof of being Muslim.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lollywood wrote:

Let kids be kids, when they're of a reasonable age then let them choose if they want to follow religion or not


oh my life.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

STUPID thing to say. All parents bring them up how they want their children to be, following whatever they believe - whether that's Islam, Atheism or anything else!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:

I guess that you are against the idea of sending kids to school before the age of 18 too?

That's different because your talking about Dunyavi education which one could not do with out in this day and age

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

I guess that you are against the idea of sending kids to school before the age of 18 too?

That's different because your talking about Dunyavi education which one could not do with out in this day and age

So why do you think they can do without religious education?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

So why do you think they can do without religious education?

Because it's not as important anymore in this modern day and age

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

So why do you think they can do without religious education?

Because it's not as important anymore in this modern day and age

only an atheist would say that.

Noor wrote:
lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

So why do you think they can do without religious education?

Because it's not as important anymore in this modern day and age

only an atheist would say that.

Hold on

In Pakistan when a person gets married the first thing they ask you is

1. aap ne kitne taleem hasil ki hai aur aap kaun si naukari karte hain

it's never aap ne Quran para hai ya nahin

My English is not very good

maybe if you're marrying an atheist.

Noor wrote:
maybe if you're marrying an atheist.

No, it's like that in most cities of Pakistan

Islamabad, Rawalpandi, Lahore, Karachi etc

My English is not very good

Noor wrote:
atheist can live in cities...

There are no Atheists in Pakistan or at least not in public

My English is not very good

Seriously?

As a muslim you're implying that academic education holds more importance to you than the whole purpose of ones life? Another thing, why do you keep referring back to what other people do, namely the older Pakistani generation? Who said to follow their example?

Think of it like this, it is the duty of parents to raise their children, to educate them, feed them, protect them until they are able to do so for themselves. Now if i believed something were to harm my child, is it not my duty to protect them from it since they have no idea or sense of such things. As a muslim what i fear to be most harmful is not in this dunya, it's the next life. So it is my duty to protect them, give them the right guidance and tools in order to prepare them for their akhirah.

It's called priorities...as muslims we should know where our priorities lie.

Assalamu alaikum

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Foysol89 wrote:
Seriously?

As a muslim you're implying that academic education holds more importance to you than the whole purpose of ones life?

Walekum Salam

Sorry but yes academic education holds more importance in this world and it's the way forward

Lets say you go for a job interview or something along that line they're not going to ask you to recite surat Al Fatiha are they?

Foysol89 wrote:

Another thing, why do you keep referring back to what other people do, namely the older Pakistani generation? Who said to follow their example?

Because our parents are from that generation and their way of life has a direct effect on our up bringing

Foysol89 wrote:

Think of it like this, it is the duty of parents to raise their children, to educate them, feed them, protect them until they are able to do so for themselves. Now if i believed something were to harm my child, is it not my duty to protect them from it since they have no idea or sense of such things. As a muslim what i fear to be most harmful is not in this dunya, it's the next life. So it is my duty to protect them, give them the right guidance and tools in order to prepare them for their akhirah.

It's called priorities...as muslims we should know where our priorities lie.

Assalamu alaikum

Just because you have the automatic duty of care as a parent does not mean that you can control a child like a robot

Pray why because I feed you and cloth you and that's what I want you to do in return
but the child say's I don’t understand what I'm saying during prayer it all sounds like gobbledygook to me as it's not my language of everyday communication like English, Hindi, Hindko, Bangali, Urdu, Punjabi, Pashto, Mirpuri, Sindhi then says why does Allah only accept prayers in Arabic?

Some people kill in the name of Akhirat they’re given the lalach of 72 virgins, aab e kausar [the Islamic version of red bull] among lots of other things

My English is not very good

I've not seen the video but replying to the question, nothing is a choice for any child regardless of their parents faith. You wouldn't let an infant choose what they wanted to eat why? They may eat something they're allergic to i.e nuts. They may eat something too hard for them to chew i.e an apple. In the same way you nourish your childs soul with what you as parents believe are good moral values to live by, be that christian, islamic, bhuddist whatever. Leaving an immature child to make life changing decisions when they are immature is stupid and neglectful to say the least.Those people who say let them decide when they're older, i say what do you teach ur kids before maturity? Atheist values, agnostic values secular values? The truth is u will be using one or more of these so effectively u are still indoctrinating them, you believe you are being fair on the child, but i think you are leaving the child open up to more confusion as they get older. Such children usually reach maturity and like their parents choose no religion. so was this really through the childs own choice?, or indoctrinating them from a young age? i think its the latter.

lollywood as a muslim it's your duty to raise ur children as muslims. when they reach maturity they will ask questions they may even decide on another path, thats up to them, but prior to that there's no two ways about the matter.

As for academic education why can't muslim kids be raised with knowledge of their faith, and an academic education too? Also if it comes to ranking in the eyes of Allah there is no knowledge on this earth which is more important than Allahs word, to say any knowledege supercedes islamic knowledge is gravely sinful. The only reason Allah put us here was to worship him, and everything else comes second to that. That doesnt mean we should live on benefits and not do somethng useful with our lives but we should never forget our purpose. Putting academic knowledge above religious is like putting this world above paradise. our Goal is paradise so that should be aimed for first not the material world and all of its temporary joys.

i am raising my kids as muslims, they r being brainwashed to wear hijab, thobes. they are bing forced to memorise the quran. but likewise they are forced to go school, forced to sing songs about xmas and diwali. if i had a choice they would be in a muslim school. i think my children are fortunate that i wised up a bit. my parents didnt raise me with much religious knowledge simply because their parents hadn't taught them. but i was fortunate for some reason Allah guided me. but things could have been worse with my upbriging i could easily have remained muslim by name only. their method of raising me caused confusion, their way was very open, but only due to their ignorance rather than exerted efforts to let me choose my own religion. Reflecting back now as a parent it's a dangerous way to raise kids, especially if u are muslim and have better knowledge and desire paradise for your kids. so i choose paradise for them, and they will have no choice about that until they are mature.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
I've not seen the video but replying to the question, nothing is a choice for any child regardless of their parents faith. You wouldn't let an infant choose what they wanted to eat why? They may eat something they're allergic to i.e nuts. They may eat something too hard for them to chew i.e an apple. In the same way you nourish your childs soul with what you as parents believe are good moral values to live by, be that christian, islamic, bhuddist whatever. Leaving an immature child to make life changing decisions when they are immature is stupid and neglectful to say the least.Those people who say let them decide when they're older, i say what do you teach ur kids before maturity? Atheist values, agnostic values secular values? The truth is u will be using one or more of these so effectively u are still indoctrinating them, you believe you are being fair on the child, but i think you are leaving the child open up to more confusion as they get older. Such children usually reach maturity and like their parents choose no religion. so was this really through the childs own choice?, or indoctrinating them from a young age? i think its the latter.

lollywood as a muslim it's your duty to raise ur children as muslims. when they reach maturity they will ask questions they may even decide on another path, thats up to them, but prior to that there's no two ways about the matter.

As for academic education why can't muslim kids be raised with knowledge of their faith, and an academic education too? Also if it comes to ranking in the eyes of Allah there is no knowledge on this earth which is more important than Allahs word, to say any knowledege supercedes islamic knowledge is gravely sinful. The only reason Allah put us here was to worship him, and everything else comes second to that. That doesnt mean we should live on benefits and not do somethng useful with our lives but we should never forget our purpose. Putting academic knowledge above religious is like putting this world above paradise. our Goal is paradise so that should be aimed for first not the material world and all of its temporary joys.

i am raising my kids as muslims, they r being brainwashed to wear hijab, thobes. they are bing forced to memorise the quran. but likewise they are forced to go school, forced to sing songs about xmas and diwali. if i had a choice they would be in a muslim school. i think my children are fortunate that i wised up a bit. my parents didnt raise me with much religious knowledge simply because their parents hadn't taught them. but i was fortunate for some reason Allah guided me. but things could have been worse with my upbriging i could easily have remained muslim by name only. their method of raising me caused confusion, their way was very open, but only due to their ignorance rather than exerted efforts to let me choose my own religion. Reflecting back now as a parent it's a dangerous way to raise kids, especially if u are muslim and have better knowledge and desire paradise for your kids. so i choose paradise for them, and they will have no choice about that until they are mature.

SubhanAllah, I loved reading that Smile

So true in every way

 

Pages