80,000 Muslims pray [eid prayer] on the street in Moscow

MOSCOW (AP) — Tens of thousands of Muslim men knelt shoulder-to-shoulder in prayer on the freezing streets of Moscow on Sunday to celebrate the religious holiday of Eid al-Adha.

Police said 170,000 people celebrated the holiday in Moscow, including 80,000 who gathered on the street outside what was once the main mosque. The 100-year-old pastel green Cathedral Mosque was torn down in September and a new mosque being built next to it is still under construction.

Read more @ .

Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

this stuff help fuel the hatred against us muslims. they say stuff like "ohh look the muZlims taking overrrr" when all we're doing is pray. how are we hurting anyone? they could harm us pretty bad when we're in that state, of praying.

but i guess we shouldnt give them arguments against us, aka pray in the way when people need to go abt or something.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

The piks on the second link are amazing mashaA'

Lilly wrote:
but i guess we shouldnt give them arguments against us, aka pray in the way when people need to go abt or something.

Yes, I agreeeee

[quote]'it is incorrect for a musallee to perform salaat in an area where it is most probable that others will cross infront of him'

I saw this is a good, positive story.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Smile Oh, just realised what a buzz kill i was... (sos)

just wanted to agree with Lilly as to why we shouldn't give any non-Muslims reason to dislike us/our practices.

I guess it is kinda ruining the whole amazingness Muslim-unity-coolness of the article.

Dont give them bad reasons.

Keep the good.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Valkyrie wrote:
You wrote:

Smile Oh, just realised what a buzz kill i was... (sos)

buzzkill away and dont apologize, ESPECIALLY to master buzzkiller here.

edit: just coz HE didnt get to kill anything recently...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
buzzkill away and dont apologize, ESPECIALLY to master buzzkiller here. edit: just coz HE didnt get to kill anything recently...
Biggrin LOOL!!! Yup!! I kill buzz, and you kill/eat somosas.. !!