Bilal Radhyaallahu 'anhu

let's have a "build up a topic together" thing again.

topic this time: Companion of the prophet (pbuh) Bilaal.

- First Muezzin EVER.

He was a slave that was freed by Abu Bakr As Siddiq (ra) after his owner was tormenting him for renouncing their polytheistic beliefs (by telling him to lie on the sand under the scorching sun and placing a stone on top of him." During this he would shout "wahid, wahid!" if I am not mistaken that is..that is all Smile

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

He (r.a) was one of the earliest African Muslims.

bilan wrote:
He was a slave that was freed by Abu Bakr As Siddiq (ra) after his owner was tormenting him for renouncing their polytheistic beliefs (by telling him to lie on the sand under the scorching sun and placing a stone on top of him." During this he would shout "wahid, wahid!" if I am not mistaken that is..that is all Smile

i love the way you phrased that. jazakAllah.

i think he said "ahad, ahad" which means "the only one" referring to Allah of course.

and not a stone, a humangous rock.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:

i love the way you phrased that. jazakAllah.

i think he said "ahad, ahad" which means "the only one" referring to Allah of course.

and not a stone, a humangous rock.

wa iyyak. it was ahad wasnt it?

is a rock just a big stone and a stone a small rock?

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

stone sounds small.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 57, Number 98

Narrated Jabir ibn ‘Abdullah (raa): Whenever Umar lbn Al-Khattab (raa) mentioned Abu Bakr (ra) he would say, “Abu Bakr (ra) is our master and the emancipator of our master.” That is to say, Bilaal (ra).

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi