Fauja Singh - the 100 year old sprinter

Yes, 100 years old.

On thursday he will attempt to run a marathon.

He started running at the young age of 89.

There is a video of him running in the link too.

Wow! MA

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Hmm.. wonder how far he'll get..

I wonder how many of us could outrun him...

I would suspect that he is way healthier than me - especially as he is ready to run a full marathon!

He doesnt look a hundred either.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Wow
What's his secret to such good health I wonder?

My English is not very good

Good on him! Wish his reason for getting back into running wasnt so sad though Sad and dont break a leg Fauja! Ya just canny afford it

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

long distance running is something that doesn't really decrease much into old age.

a 65 year old should be able to run a marathon at the same speed they did when they were 19 (providing they are healthy etc), the peak age is about 27.

and women are roughly equal to men in long distance running over a distance of 50 miles.

in the genes.

jeans don't help with running.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

He should've been called fauji, then I could've said 'Its great to see him soldiering on'

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi