Dave Launches Plans To End Sham Marriages and wants to tighten immigration

Immigration

He wants to ensure those coming to the UK are genuinely here for family reasons, that they can speak English and they do not have to "scrape by, or worse, to subsist on benefit".

Mr Cameron said a sample of more than 500 family migration cases found over 70% of UK-based sponsors earned less than £20,000 a year after tax.

Explaining why couples should have to do more to prove they are genuine, he gave the example of a Pakistani national who applied for a spouse visa on the basis of his marriage to someone settled in the UK.

The man obtained indefinite leave to remain and then immediately divorced his UK-based spouse, returned to Pakistan and re-married and then applied for entry clearance for his new spouse.

Forced marriages

Dave has launched a crackdown on abuses of the immigration system including plans to tackle sham marriages.

The Prime Minister wants relatives joining their families in the UK to be able to speak English and have enough cash to live on.

He said the Government was keen to prevent immigrants becoming a burden on taxpayers and could make some applicants pay financial bonds.

He also wants it to take longer for new migrants to become eligible for a visa for their spouse.

Before the speech, the Prime Minsiter told Sky News he was confident he could get immigration "under control".

"We can deal with this issue if we deal with student visa abuse, if we deal wiht the work visa abuse, if we make sure the family reunion rules make sense and are not a way of people coming here to live off benefits," he said.

Your mate Dave is a moron.

I would like to see actual figures on the benefits/drawbaks of immigration - I will be surprised if they are not very strongly in favour of bringing benefit to the UK as opposed to scrounging.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Your mate Dave is a moron.

I would like to see actual figures on the benefits/drawbaks of immigration - I will be surprised if they are not very strongly in favour of bringing benefit to the UK as opposed to scrounging.

A lot of immigrants and asylum seekers only come into the UK for its benefit system, the attitude is "sab muft mein mil jaye ga"

Why is it that if someone is in danger in Afghanistan the only safest place they want to immigrate to is the UK when there are many other EU countries along the way? there was a whole BBC Panorama programme looking into this kind of thing called breaking into Brittan

My English is not very good

You try living off 40/60 pounds a week or food vouchers and see how liveable that is.

I dont think you will appreciate that lifestyle.

Why are you so judgemental towards others?

"Take stock of yourself before others do it for you"

"Let he who has no sins cast the first stone"

(I notice that you have now gone to the Daily Mail...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.