A 29-year-old man has become the youngest grandfather in Britain

A 29-year-old man has become the youngest grandfather in Britain after his 14-year-old daughter gave birth, a media report said.

Shem Davies - of Bridgend, Wales - was also 14 when he became a father for the first time, The Sun reported.

His schoolgirl daughter Tia now has had a girl before her 15th birthday, it said.

Davies - who split with Tia's mother Kelly three months after she was born - said he was 'absolutely delighted' at the news.

Davies was 'shocked' when his daughter told him she was pregnant by her 15-year-old boyfriend.

He also has a nine-month-old son with new girlfriend Robyn Thomas.

'One minute Tia's a baby, the next she's pregnant. I could have yelled at her, but what's the point? I know how hard it's going to be for them because I was in their shoes at the same age. I didn't handle it very well when I became a dad at 14. I wasn't able to cope with it and I ran away,' he said.

Tia's mother Kelly said: 'My worst nightmare has always been that Tia would repeat my mistake and get pregnant young. I always lectured her about contraception

I think this just goes to show what kind of corrupt society we live in today, first a 9 year old girl became the youngest to gave birth to a child then a 14 year old and now this has gone one more step ahead

What do all of you think about this?

My English is not very good

Congratulations to him.

He should be fit enough to teach his grandson how to play football.

Now, aint that just a great thing?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Congratulations to him.

He should be fit enough to teach his grandson how to play football.

Now, aint that just a great thing?

Your a joker

The 29 year old mans Daughter gave birth at 14 I think now how can you justify that

Woah

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The proof is in how the kid is brought up.

If the kid is brought up well, whats the harm in it?

If the person had become a grandparent at 36 (so both were 18 when having children), would that change your view on the matter?

It is easy to look down on and sneer at people, but it is rarely useful.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

If the person had become a grandparent at 36 (so both were 18 when having children), would that change your view on the matter?

I don't think they were brought up well to be honest because both generations have made the same mistake

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Woah

Are you shocked or confused

Not confused lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

stopincest wrote:
You wrote:

I don't think they were brought up well to be honest because both generations have made the same mistake

how do you know its a mistake? and HOW SARE YOU judge people based on an ARTICLE! you do NOT know this people personally, therefore you do NOT say ANYTHING about their behaviour.

I think its cool.

edit: you didnt link to the article.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

stopincest wrote:
Davies said he was 'absolutely delighted' at the news.

Davies was 'shocked' when his daughter told him she was pregnant by her 15-year-old boyfriend.

Are these quotes from interviewing him or just listening to his phonecalls with other people?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Lilly wrote:

How do you know its a mistake? and HOW DARE YOU judge people based on an ARTICLE! you do NOT know the people personally, therefore you canNOT say ANYTHING about their behaviour.

I think its cool.

edit: you didnt link to the article.

How do you know its not a mistake?

Its not only this article but many of them like this one that make me angry and this kind of thing is getting higher and higher day by day in the UK - I think UK has the highest number of teenage pregnancies in whole of EU which can't be a good for any society because lets face it at the end of the day its kids having kids which doesnt even sound right let alone be right

Another issue that could stem from this is that could they be done for rape? as they were under the age of consent while having sex

The age of consent is placed at 16 for all sexual acts in the UK

Lilly wrote:

I think its cool.

Are you kidding me or what? What's the next cool thing going to be going out in the nude or something?

Ya'qub wrote:
stopincest wrote:
Davies said he was 'absolutely delighted' at the news.

Are these quotes from interviewing him or just listening to his phonecalls with other people?

Not sure about that, but I bet the family want to give interviews to many news papers so that they can make lots of money

I agree with SI. They're too young to have kids and be able to look after them properly and it was obviously not in wedlock therefore wrong.

I agree with SI. They're too young to have kids and be able to look after them properly and it was obviously not in wedlock therefore wrong.

At least someone sees sense lol

well...what about the sexualisation of kids? kids are maturing more and more. and the decline of childhood etc... kids are not kids anymore.

im talking in general. 15 years old soon will be as mature as 19 years old in few years time.

and if they were married. it would be cooler. im just worried about the "make a family at 15 and die at 90. HOW MANY KIDS!?" just a little nagging voice at the back of my mind. it'll be fine.

btw SI: its rude to answer a question by another one.

Lilly wrote:
well...what about the sexualisation of kids? kids are maturing more and more. and the decline of childhood etc... kids are not kids anymore.

im talking in general. 15 years old soon will be as mature as 19 years old in a few years time.

and if they were married. it would be cooler. im just worried about the "make a family at 15 and die at 90. HOW MANY KIDS!?" just a little nagging voice at the back of my mind. it'll be fine.

btw SI: its rude to answer a question by another one.

The Sexualising of kids at an early age is the Medias fault along with the decline in morals

Yes it'll be fine mum will find another partner and so will dad the kids will end up in care- thats what seems to be happening at the moment

So you think its ok for 15 yr old kids to get married come on you know thats just so wrong

Just because they have been introduced to sex at such an age doesn't make them mature enough to actually know about the real world, life in general and to be able to handle their own children!

Mohammed Ibn Qasim conquered large swatches of Sindh and even died/was martyred before he reached the age of 19.

So all this talk about growing up too early seems a bit false.

You wrote:
Mohammed Ibn Qasim conquered large swatches of Sindh and even died/was martyred before he reached the age of 19.

We're talking about your average british teens.

You wrote:

I'm glad Qasim did Conquer Sindh because the ruler of Sindh at that time was a you know what

We are not Conquering land in the UK and life expectance is around 80 or something like that so there is no need to rush marriage and having kids, its an Arab - Indian - Pakistani thing to do so because the parents want to see there children’s children there grand children grow up thats all they seem to think about

We're talking about your average british teens.

Being drunk on a Friday day night, losing there virginity while drunk, falling over there own vomit

Judge not for you be judged

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

But what I have said does tend to happen

stopincest wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

but you have no manners or way of speaking.

Lilly wrote:
stopincest wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

How did you jump to that conclusion?

stopincest wrote:
Lilly wrote:
stopincest wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

How did you jump to that conclusion?

from what i know of you.

Lilly wrote:

from what i know of you.

What do you know of me?

Before u start claiming this is all the 'wests' fault
firstly
why do muslim ad immigrants come to the west n then complain about how 'corrupt' the society is
ur more than welcome to liv in saudi or iran or pakistan where nearly everyones a muslims
and secondly, muslims marry young too!
so this could easily have happened in a place lik Yemen or somalia
the only difference would have been that theyd be married
thats it

1R4M wrote:
Before u start claiming this is all the 'wests' fault
firstly
why do muslim ad immigrants come to the west n then complain about how 'corrupt' the society is
ur more than welcome to liv in saudi or iran or pakistan where nearly everyones a muslims
and secondly, muslims marry young too!
so this could easily have happened in a place lik Yemen or somalia
the only difference would have been that theyd be married
thats it

They come to the west because they thing that milk and honey runs down the streets

When have I said that things are good in Saudi, Iran or Pakistan

I hate the idea of young marriages any where in the world

Pages