Egyptian Gladiator to fight lion

well, only if he gets permission.

Given the current state of the economy, it comes as no surprise that many Egyptians are doing all that they can to revive international interest in their country. What is surprising, though, is that one man has somehow managed to convince himself - and a few others - that he can single-handedly “boost tourism in Egypt” by fighting a full-grown African lion in direct hand-to-paw combat, in front of the Pyramids at Giza.

Al-Masry: Why do you think it’s been so difficult to get official approval from the government?

Essawy: Undoubtedly because of the misguided international reaction, which I truly don’t understand. God made me, and he made the lion, and he put us both on the same planet, which means the lion is fair game. Ethically, there should be no problem.

Essawy: I don’t know about the dirt, but the lion will probably not let me punch its crotch. I will have to use a new fighting style I’ve developed, which is called "Life or Death." This will be a caged fight, and I will be desperate to survive, which is why I’ve called the style “Life or Death.”

Read more @

crazy!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lol

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Seems like his heart's in the right place but his brain not so much

I'm sure the lion will fix that though...

With it's teeth Fool

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Abu Ali Al-Rudhabari (313 A.H) who was one of the earlier Sufi Imams, was thrown in a lion’s pit because he gave advice to the ruler of Egypt Ibn Tuloon . When placed in the pit the lion sniffed around him but did not harm him. When he was asked what his heart was thinking about when the lion was sniffing around him, He replied:

“I was thinking about the difference of opinion between the scholars concerning the saliva of carnivores [regarding whether or not it was an impurity or not].”