Be MORE Confident!

Those who may have met me in real life, know that I lack self confidence (and what :evil: )

So lets talk about self confidence.

How do u increase it?

Aint too much of it a bad thing?

Is anyone else more confident in this forum then they are in real life? :oops:

Do Muslims on the whole suffer from an inferiority complex?

How confident are YOU?

Do Discuss

Dirol

Do not care about others.

Then it is no longer a confidence thing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think everyone is more comfident on the forum then they are in real life. I personally really only open up to people who i know well. But i do lack self confidence, but I prefer it too being over confident as i feel more grounded. Though in life you can achieve more by being confident, you will also find yourself into many situation which are not good for you because of it. I think it important to have self belief though, but as long as you comfortable with urself, there really shouldn't be a problem.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
I think everyone is more comfident on the forum then they are in real life.

Not everyone.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"Admin" wrote:
Do not care about others.

Then it is no longer a confidence thing.

That works but its very hard to do ^^^

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Those who may have met me in real life, know that I lack self confidence (and what :evil: )

How do u increase it?

How confident are YOU?

Do Discuss

Dirol

Not confident (at all really) but in sixth form the school kids look up to like you're their dad so you learn to blag it and play the part, its fake but its a tool. Dirol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Salaam

I used to have serious issues with my confidence…I was the type of girl who couldn’t look anyone in the eye when I was talking to them.

I thought I needed professional help.

Public speaking was a nightmare; I used to get rubbish marks in Uni presentations.

I find it hard to say “No” to people, so when I was first talked into doing a speech….that was a nightmare for me.

I couldn’t sleep for a week, lost my appetite and felt nauseous. When I first got on the stage I focused on the clock behind the audience and never looked at the audience…I have this thing-if I don’t see something its not there…(As a child I used to run across the road with my eyes shut-according to me, if I couldn’t see the cars they were not there).

Public speaking increased my self confidence so did working with kids…

I still hate delivering speeches…I still can’t sleep the night before…but it doesn’t terrify me as much as it used to.

I’m OK now with meeting people. My work experiences has helped me a LOT with this..

But I’m still only happy and totally comfortable in front of an audience of people younger then me.

Wasalaam

lol i cant believe intelligent people like most of ya lacking in confidence.

I've never really had a problem with such things... I have confidence and faith in my own abilities and that has always given me confidence...i just assumed every1... or most people were the same.

Except when i went to Uni and the number of people who were... lets face cr@p at presentations... :shock: its simple you get up and present what you've been working on... you get most of the marks depending on how well you've presented it and how well its thought out... few marks are assigned to the "assignement" itself.

Back in BLACK

They should watch the movie: Confidence (2003). The King is so good in there.

[color=blue][b]Asalamu alaikum wr wb!

Good topic sis Biggrin

Atleast is nt useless like sum of the rest. Being honest wid myself im nt confident at all :oops: but on the net i am Biggrin coz its nt as hard as it is in the outside world.

I only open up to the pple i no well, its also easier to chill out wid em. One thing i really need to improve myself on is my outside confidence in other words wen im face to face wid sum1. I jus find it really hard to b confident Sad ..i remember it took me quiet a while to gain my confidence whilst readin naaths n a lot of courage. Nw i hav to gain confidence on speeches n presentations.

I jus h8 presentin infront of others 4 sum reason specially infront of the pple that i personally no.

Im a NO CONFIDENT person, hav tried to improve but its impossible Sad [/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

I hate doing presentations :? luckily I've only had one so far at uni (and that was last year :D) I have one next semester tho, already nervous about it. I think it is better to volunteer to go first for a presentation, this way, you will not be compared to anyone, and it will be over and done with, so you can just sit back and relax and not worry anymore Dirol

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"Princess_Of_Terror" wrote:
I think it is better to volunteer to go first for a presentation, this way, you will not be compared to anyone, and it will be over and done with, so you can just sit back and relax and not worry anymore Dirol

[color=blue][b]Yeh it is! dats wat i did..well didnt volunteer but was the 1st of all.

Alhamdullilah that was my 1st presentation eva n i hpe its de last 1 of all. Cant cope wid em i believe the only reason i felt ok wid this 1 was becoz we gt the chance to choose r own topic which was gr8. Coz i chose wat i really loved Lol [/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

conifdence i have lacked for most of my life

but sometimes its not really gonna help not having the bottle to do sumthin

i started shakin and my voice would quiver any time i had to talk to more than 2 people who wernt people i knew

no joke - i was a big scaredy cat (is that still a word lol).....hated ice breakers (still do) and i still dont associate with people i dont know

i know people who can go upto anyone and make friends or have a chit chat - i can NEVER do that....not even say Hi to someone im not buddies with, unless they say it 1st Smile

but with uni presentations, and this newish kinda attitude - where what i say, i dont care what people think, also the fact i think you dont go anywhere in life bieng the quite one - ive learnt too talk ...[size=7]sum say a lil 2 much....[/size]but thats only been over the last 1 and half years

i never had confidence as a kid - when with cousins, i was ALWAYS overlooked......half my cousins never knew me, or jus thawt i was the geeky one Lol

but its kinda changed now, i ACTUALLY can talk to my uncles and aunties now - not afraid to anymore lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
…(As a child I used to run across the road with my eyes shut-according to me, if I couldn’t see the cars they were not there).

My 6year old niece used to do that. She was badly hurt in an accident once. :shock:

"Black Prince" wrote:
hated ice breakers (still do)

er...sorry, I thought you were just being lazy.

Honestly I am sorry.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

lol u mean at the MICS camp?

im no good with ice breakers

how can you tell sum1 about you?

you only find out thru talkin 2 em

my ice breaker wherever i go now, better than any ive had b4 (which were always, ermm...support United)....is Im Hayder, 19, 2nd year Law student and in my spare time i write for a nationwide magazine Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I'm overly confident thats my problem. :roll: I've been accused of being arrogant because it.

on the forum

off it........now n then, but only with mates

like i said - a lil more confident then before

but still lackin in many aspects

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I was referring to OFF the forum

u were chatting to people all day long in the unity thing

where i have to, i do

the unity event - i was pretty much sayin the same thing

but workin in sales does teach you how to speak to diff people, get them laffin, talk about common grounds, build rapport etc

BUT at the event....

i was supposed to do the questionnaires and walk around handin out the stuff, but....couldnt do it Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I have trouble believing frm what I saw that u have a trouble chatting to strangers

my sister is very bubbly with strangers-she said to me at the event "can u at least SMILE when I'm talking to a sister-or is even that too much for you" :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

How do u increase it?

How confident are YOU?

Do Discuss

Dirol

I'm too confident - i'm just flat out arrogant.

Several reasons for this.

1. I'm American, +50% confidence right there
2. Life is good at the moment in pretty much all sectors +30%
3. Too many people tell me good stuff about me +10%

That's a 90% confidence increase - enough to put me in the arrogance echelon.

Honestly I joke about it a lot but I am waaaaaaay too arrogant and need to cut it down a couple notches - even moreso in real life.

- I'm one of those guys that will wear a pink shirt because im just that cocky.

Fortunately lilsis you are always there, ready and volunteer to take me down a couple - Thanks, I appreciate it.

But I dunno why you aren't confident in real life! That makes no sense given your boisterousness online.

Take yourself out to lunch more often!

*Anybody else go to lunch with themselves?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I have trouble believing frm what I saw that u have a trouble chatting to strangers

my sister is very bubbly with strangers-she said to me at the event "can u at least SMILE when I'm talking to a sister-or is even that too much for you" :roll:

i had a slow start

like i said - where it had to be done, i did it.......plus, generally i talked more to the guys

[size=7]...and ed was gettin up ma backside about it...[/size]

dinner with yourself..........how ermmmm......lonely!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Thats abnormal

coffee or hot chocolate on ur own in Star bucks with a magazine I can understand

but not eating dinner on ur own

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Thats abnormal

coffee or hot chocolate on ur own in Star bucks with a magazine I can understand

but not eating dinner on ur own

I didn't say [i]dinner[/i] and in fact Starbucks with a book is precisely what I meant.

Barnes and Noble is THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH. I'm pretty sure the Library at Alexandria was an affliate or something.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

I didn't say [i]dinner[/i] and in fact Starbucks with a book is precisely what I meant.

u said LUNCH

does ur starbucks sell lunch?

btw I'd love to have hot chocolate in starbucks one day on my own-never done it though

I had a presentation today i actually surprised myself, it was a group presentation but the fact that one of our group members pulled out wasnt helpful at all. I got more nervous when I saw this other girl talkin she was red in the face and literally after ever word she kept sayin "err", i was like damn i am gona be worse than that!

But i did good, my voice was loud/clear and i kept lookin at everyone.

As for makin convo on a general basis i am ok, my sis however is the most confident and friendly person and even if she dont know you she can talk to you for ages.

The best way to build confidence is to be involved in study circles/speeches etc.

"Angel" wrote:

The best way to build confidence is to be involved in study circles/speeches etc.

I concur

But a person needs to get over the phobia of public speaking first :?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

I concur

But a person needs to get over the phobia of public speaking first :?

If you dont know your sister's friends that well then start off by having a chit chat with them. Givin the revival magazine is a good tool for building confidence with people in general which i aint really that good at. I feel confortable around those i knw.

"Angel" wrote:
I had a presentation today i actually surprised myself, it was a group presentation but the fact that one of our group members pulled out wasnt helpful at all. I got more nervous when I saw this other girl talkin she was red in the face and literally after ever word she kept sayin "err", i was like damn i am gona be worse than that!

But i did good, my voice was loud/clear and i kept lookin at everyone.

As for makin convo on a general basis i am ok, my sis however is the most confident and friendly person and even if she dont know you she can talk to you for ages.

fine they could hear you............but could they see you? :shock:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages